DCUO Announcements
NEW @ DCUO Forums

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - SunGoddess
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Morrigan
Scarlet Morrigan
Star

re: Scarlet Morrigan presents: Hecatee, part 6 - Family Heritage

Hecatee, part 6: Family Heritage
Hecatee only wanted to be normal. But how normal can you be when you are hunted by angels?

A flash of fire and Hecatee and Bael appeared, standing alone on top of a hill. The teenage girl looked around and knew they were not in Greece anymore. This was not place she had ever been, no place she had ever seen. This was not a place on Earth. Looking around she saw such amazing things. There were bright, silver-leafed trees, fields of deep red grass, vast mountain capped with snow, and twin suns that were starting to set. There were at least two moons beginning to rise. It was several minutes before she knew what to say.

“where are we” Hecatee asked.

“It is hard to explain. We are on a planet in the constellation of Kasterborous. We are countless miles from your Earth” answered Bael

“Does anyone live here?”

“Not anymore. This was once the home of a very proud and advanced race. They fought in a great war with another species and all of these people died. They are no more, well, there are a few left but they are scattered around the multiverse ”

“How did we get here?”

“I can travel anywhere is space, and between dimensions. It is one of the perks of being one of the oldest beings in existence” he said with a smile.

Suddenly Hecatee felt like she would sick. She dropped to her knees, and vomited over the red grass. Bael looked down at her, reached down and pulled back her long black hair. “Your body is not use to such travel. You will get use to it in time, if it is an ability you have. But who knows how your powers will develop”.

Wiping her mouth, the young woman looked up at the monster of a man and said “Powers? You keep talking about powers. And I don’t understand what is happening to me or what happened on the beach tonite. I am so confused.” The girl began to cry.

Bael sat down on the ground next to her and put his arm around her. “That is one of the reasons I brought you here. This place will be safe for us. I will tell you more about myself. I will tell you about your mother. And I will tell you about yourself. Then we can work on training you, and you will learn how to control your powers”.

“you are Bael, and you are a demon”

“Yes, and no. I am called Bael, and you might call me a demon. However, demon is not a word I prefer to use. I was born at the beginning of time, just like the God the Sisters of Mercy claim to worship. At the dawn of the multiverse, one being began to covert other eternal beings to his cause. He is what most humans call God, and he wanted to rule the universe. The other eternal beings he converted to his way you humans call angels. However, not all of the eternal beings chose to side with this God. Not because we are evil, we just have different opinions. Some of us just wanted to be left alone. Some of us just choose to travel, like explorers, to see everything there is in this universe. Others chose to pick a planet and rule it as a god. Others went to your planet, you might know them as Zeus, Tinia, or Indra. Some went together to a planet and started their own races, this is why some alien cultures are superior to yours and have powers. Some went to a planet they called Cilia. While these races are pure blood descendants of eternal beings, they are not eternal beings and so there powers are not as strong. The children of Krypton were one of these races, as well as the former inhabitants of this planet. “

The girl sat there, trying to process the information she had just heard. The man just waited, because he knew the longer she thought about it, the more questions she would have. Finally she asked “So you can not die?”

“Yes and no. I am made of the energy of the universe. I am a mystical creature and I am immortal. I will not grow old or weak. If I were shot by a human gun, I would heal in seconds. However, I can be killed by another being who is eternal. So the angels can kill me, and I can kill them. There are a few other beings who could harm me or trap me, by means of magic.”

“Can I die?”

“Yes. You are human, but you are also” he throws the little two handed, two finger sign “quote demon, end quote. You will survive most injuries that would kill a normal human. You will feel pain and it would take time for you to recover from such injuries. Because you are my granddaughter, you have a little of the energy of the universe in you as well. This is what will give you your powers”

“What powers do you have?”

“As you know and have seen, I can travel through space and across dimensions. I also have the ability to change forms. You have seen me as a boy and as a man. I can assume many other shapes. When I have visited worlds besides Earth, I have used different shapes and names. I have been a cat, a toad, a giant spider, and of course what you might call a demon form – large with wings and horns. But this is my favorite form.”

The girl looked up at the man. He was very tall and muscular. He had brown wavy hair and bright blue eyes. He appeared to be in his mid thirties, and she thought he was very handsome. She smiled at him, and he smiled back at here, like a loving father.

He continued “I have the power of fire, I can conjure and control it. I have power over rain, thunder, and lightning. I have healing powers, the power over life and death. I understand all languages and can speak to animals. I think that is about it.”

“What powers did my mother have? Can you tell me about her” inquired the young woman

“That would take some time and it is getting late. We should eat and you should sleep” he said. Then he waved his hand over the ground and a tray of fruit appeared. This was not like apples or bananas, she had never seen fruit like this before. It was such vivid and rich colors, and the taste was amazing. It was sweet and juicy and sour and rich all at the same time. He turned around and waved his hand towards the forest. The trees shifted and in ground and the branches moved and weaved themselves together to form a canopy for a pavilion. Bael and Hecatee stood up and walked towards it. The shelter was bigger than the orphanage and would protect them from the elements, if it rained on this planet. Bael held his hand over the ground and a small fire appeared. It would be enough for light and heat if they needed it. Then he sat down with his back against a tree. The young woman lay down and placed her head in his lap. He looked down at her and smiled. She closed her eyes.

Hecatee opened her eyes. It had been the best night’s sleep she ever had. Maybe because she was starting to learn who she was, or maybe because it was the first time she had ever felt truly safe. She looked up at the canopy of silver leaves, and touched the red grass. She saw Bael, sitting next to her and eating what looked like a plum, except for its lime green color. He smiled at her and asked “are you hungry”. She reached for a piece of fruit that resembled an apple in shape, however it was on the bluish side of purple and kind of tasted like a kiwi. “How long was I asleep” she asked.

“A long time, I would say it would be about 10 in the morning….. if we were using earth time. How are you feeling?”

“Great. I feel rested, and way more alert compared to most mornings when I wake up”

“It is one of the reasons I brought you here. The atmosphere is very much like earth, but there is a higher concentration of oxygen. It will help you focus while we are training”

“but you were going to tell me about my mother” interrupted the girl

“Yes I was. Your mother, my daughter is called Astarte. She once took a human form and was a god to the Egyptians. There she was known as Isis. But do not confuse her with the wife of that fool Black Adam. That wizard Shazam, and that silly bracelet.” He laughed. “They call THAT the power of the gods”. He laughed again.

“but my mother?”

“Yes” he said, looking at Hecatee and smiling. “Astarte was also known as Ishtar to some humans. She has been known as a goddess of fertility, love, lasciviousness, and above all sexuality. In human form, she is beautiful with long golden hair, quite tall, and she often walked naked. But that would be expected from a goddess of sexuality.” He said with a smile.

“can I meet her?”

“That is up to her. I cannot summon her here. You can call to her, and she will hear you. You are her daughter so she will always hear you. It does not mean she will answer you or come when you call.”

“what about my father?”

”I do not know his identity. I did not know your mother was with child until after you were born. I have been watching you ever since then. I am immortal, but I am not omniscient. ”

“So tell me about these powers” she said, reluctantly.

“You have already used your powers, both knowingly and unknowingly”

“what” she exclaimed

Baal looked at the young woman, unsure of how to explain it to her. He was hoping she would not overreact to something she did not have control of.

“how did I use my powers…… I mean….. unknowingly…..” she said, confused by what he had said

“You are a beautiful young woman. That must be obvious”

“well” she was suddenly bashful “everyone says so”

“everyone says so for two reasons. Outwardly you have been blessed and that is the first reason. The second is that you are a sexual being. This you inherited this from your mother. You simple have an aura of seduction and this will cause men and women will be attracted to you.”

“So everyone will think I am pretty?”

“It is much more than that. You can use this sexual energy to seduce them, both for sexual reasons or merely to make them do your bidding. However, if you do not control this power it can make someone your slave or cause a desire so strong they will not be able to control themselves.”

Hecatee sat there for a moment and then she starred Baal directly in the eyes. “Is this why Kronos tried to rape me?”

“I believe so”

Hecatee began to sob. Baal put his arms around his granddaughter and held her.

“It was not your fault, you did not know what was happening. I believe what happened was that your natural state caused him to be attracted to you. As you kissed him, the intensity of your power grew and caused him to be more aggressive. You did not know how to direct it and he was not able to be in command of himself. It is not your fault.”

It was several minutes before she stopped crying. Hecatee dried her eyes and looked at Baal. She could tell he was upset by having to tell her. “What about knowingly?” she asked

“On the beach with the angels, I saw it. Three times you used your powers.”

Hecatee thought back to last night. She remembered a bolt of mystical energy that blasted the angel and twice she raised her hands and something had knocked the angels down. “I remember” she said. “But I did not do any of it on purpose, it just happened”.

“You reacted out of fear, or anger, or both. Either way, you tapped into the power inside. What you need to learn is to use the power at will – when you choose to use it. This is why I brought you here, so we can learn what powers you have and learn to control them.“

Hecatee looked at Baal. She knew he would never hurt her, and that he would always be there for her. She had never had a father, or a grandfather before. But she did now, she had a family.

“So what do I do first?”

Diva

nice job Scarlet Happy you write very well and i like your story so far Happy

Scarlet Morrigan
Scarlet Morrigan
Star

Thank you Cara! It is so sweet of you to say it. This story seems to be taking way longer than my previous ones, but it is almost done

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: