Who's Online
DCUO Announcements

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Morrigan
Scarlet Morrigan
Star

re: Scarlet Morrigan presents: Hecatee, pt 7 - The Return

Hecatee, part 7: The Return
DC Comics characters are property of DC Comics. Other characters are creations of the writer

Hecatee opened her eyes. She always awoke rested her on this planet. She heard the silver leaves rustle in the breeze and could smell the red grass she slept on. She looked for Bael, but he was not in the pavilion. She had lost count of the number of days they had been on this amazing planet. They had explored and stood on top of great mountains and swam in crystal clear lakes. They had found villages that had been abandoned and a great domed city that were in ruins from the war that had been fought on this planet. Baal had taught her about her abilities and Hecatee had learned to use them to fight and to heal. She had learned to control her emotions and to use her power when she wanted. The accident that had happened to Kronos would never happen again, and she could defend herself against the angels if they ever came for her again. She put her shoes on and walked “outside”. She saw Baal standing in the distance, watching the second sun rise. The young woman’s hair blew in the breeze as she walked towards the giant of a man. She took his hand and said “good morning”. He looked down at her and smiled, “good morning, little one”. The girl and her grandfather walked to an orchard they had found, it was overgrown for lack of a caretaker. They pick some fruit for breakfast, as was the normal way to start the morning. They eat, and talked, and laughed. Hecatee had always wanted to be normal. She might not be normal, but at least she felt that way now. She had learned to control and use her powers, and now she felt not so much formidable as dominant.

“I think it is time you return to Earth” Baal said

“really? I like it here. It is so beautiful, and I like being with you” Hecatee replied, perceptibly dejected with the idea.

“You only think this planet is lovely because it is dissimilar from what you are used to seeing on your world. I have very much enjoyed getting to know you, but I have taught you what I can. Your powers have grown stronger and I confident that you are proficient with being able to use them wisely.”

“But I do not want to go back to the orphanage” she said, almost pouting.

“You can’t. There is something I need to explain to you”

“What” she asked, wondering what he secret he had kept from her

“Do you remember when we arrived here, and I said this planet was once the home of a race of descendants of eternal beings?”

“Yes, you said that several planet were”

“This planet is very special. Since the inhabitants of the planet were the progeny of eternal beings, they learned to control space and time, and on this planet time is not the same as on your world”

“What do you mean?”

“While we have been here for roughly 4 months, as you would understand it, just over 2 years has past on Earth”.

“Are you kidding me? 2 years?”

“Yes. You are over 18 and an adult by most definitions. And the officials in Greece would have declared you missing and eventually presumed dead. So you cannot return to Greece again, at least not under your real name.”

“Oh my god! What am I suppose to do? Where am I suppose to go?”

Baal could see the frustration in her face. With just a short sentence, he had turned her world upside down. “I will take you back to Earth, to the United States. There is a large city called Metropolis. We can find you a place to live there. It will be a fresh start for you”.

“Metropolis? That is half way around the world from Alexandroupoli.”

“Things will be very different for you from before you left. Remember that 2 years have passed on that planet and you were not there for it. The people you knew in Greece have moved on without you. Being somewhere else will be a good thing.”

Hecatee shook her head. She was going to have a big change in her life, like finding out you are part demon god and have powers is not enough of a change. She had never been outside of Greece, much less across the ocean.

Baal watched his granddaughter, looking for any idea of what she was thinking. “I have some contacts in Metropolis. It will be easy to get you identification papers and a bank account. Then finding a place to live will be easy. You will need to find some type of work for income, but I have contacts who can help with that as well, if you are willing”.

The young woman who just became an adult thought about it. If she had to go back to Alexandroupoli, there would be the Sisters of Mercy orphanage, the Abbess, the memory of what happened to Kronos, and the angels would be looking for her. While part of her wanted to seek some type of retribution on the Abbess for how she had been treated and vengeance on the angles for trying to kill her, maybe going back to Greece was not such a good idea. Finally she looked at Baal and said “Let’s go to Metropolis”

Baal took her hands in his and in a burst of fire they were gone, leaving the planet in a far corner of the universe and with a flash they appeared standing on a street corner in the Chinatown area of Metropolis. Hecatee felt nauseous. It would take several more of the space travels before she would get use to it. Hecatee looked around at the city she would be living in and asked her grandfather “So where to?”

“right inside here” came the reply

The young woman looked up at the sign. Sheeda’s Den. She had never been to a nightclub before, and she wasn’t sure she was old enough to get in. As the couple walked to the door, the two doormen just nodded at Baal. The two walked inside the club. The music was playing and people were dancing. They took the first left and went up the stairs. At the top of the stairs was a glowing, humming machine That people walked into and disappeared. Others appeared in the machine out of thin air. Hecatee looked up at Baal and asked “is it magic?”. “No” he said with a smile, “it is technology”. There was a woman standing in the corner. As they approached her, she asked with a smile “What can I do for you?”

“I need a complete set of documents” replied Baal.

“For you, sir?”

“No, they are for her”

“Well, a complete set of clean papers can take some time and be very expensive”

“She is family” he said, and you could tell he was dissatisfied with the answer he had just received.

“Oh, family. I am sorry sir, I did not know. I can have those for you in about 4 hours”

“Very good, her name is Hecatee. She will need no last name. And tell that idiot Calculator that she will need a residence close by. If he has any questions, he can inquire of me, but only if they are very important questions”.

“Yes sir, I will take care of it and relay the message. I will see you shortly”. She turned and pulled her phone from her pocket and began to frantically dial.

Baal looked at his granddaughter and asked “are you hungry?”

“Actually, yes”

The beautiful young woman and the large handsome man walked out of the club and down the street to Bibbo’s burgers. The two split the deep dish pizza and talked about how her new life would play out. She asked “Who was that woman and who is Calculator?”

“She is just a broker, a vendor for equipment and supplies. And Calculator is a purveyor of information. If you needs something really special, he will know who has it and where to get it.”

“How do you know all these people?”

“I have been around for a very long time, remember? I have contacts and connections all over the world, and the universe. Most times I can take care of myself, but occasionally I do need some things.”

“Like a place to live?”

“I do not need a place to reside like you. I can simply exist in a non-corporeal state if I choose. However, I do keep a few locations around should I need them. I do believe that Calculator will find you someplace appropriate”.

“But what will I do for money? I will need to buy food and pay for utilities?”

“Calculator will be able to assist with that. There are those who will pay for your skills. I will introduce you to Circe. I am confident that she would like to meet you.”

“Circe? Not the goddess I read about as a kid?”

“Yes. She could be called a goddess, I suppose. She is one of the leaders on this planet. I am certain she will have much use for you. But most importantly, do not pledge allegiance to anyone or any group. Do what you choose, what you believe is right for you. Use your judgement before you accept a contract. Remember that while some might call me a demon, I am neither good nor evil - I do as I choose. It is the same for you. Some might call you a nephilim or a cambion, but do what makes you happy, what will benefit you, what makes you feel good. Always remember you have the power of the universe inside you”.

There was a beep from Baal’s chest. He reached inside his jacket and pulled out his cell phone. Hecatee had not realized he would have something like that. He looked at the screen, and returned it to his pocket. “Calculator has found you a place to make your home. We should go.” He gestured to the waitress, who brought the check. Baal reached into his pocket and pulled out a very large roll of cash. He tossed several bills on the table and stood up, “Are you ready?” he asked. Once again, Hecatee was stunned. She had not thought of him carry cash around. After all, he was immortal – why did he need petty cash? She stood up and the left the restaurant. They walked east, past the Chinatown Café and stopped in front of a door. At the top of the steps stood the woman from the night club. She walked towards them and said “I am sorry I did not introduce myself earlier. You can call me Associate Fannie. First, her are the keys to your new place”. She handed the keys to Hecatee, who looked up at Baal. He nodded and the young woman walked up the stairs and through the door.

Diva

re: Scarlet Morrigan presents: Hecatee, pt 7 - The Return

very nice, i like how you work the game into your stories as well :-)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: