Who's Online
DCUO Announcements

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandy TankTyke
Diva

re: DCUO Brand New Original DLC Coming Soon!

DCUO Brand New Original DLC Coming Soon!

For those of you who are really enjoying the T6 Intergang Crime Wave (ICW) Alert, I have some great news! The devs are coming out with some Brand New All Original content just like ICW. That's right! Brand New Original DLC!

First you get to fight Harley Quinn on the Hive Moon Base. Then do battle against Poison Ivy in Area 51. Plus, as a bonus, you can get to fight Bane in the Oan Science Cells.

There's also a new story line. Something to do with Darkseid. Or Lanterns. Or Brainiac. Or Something. I forget.

But wait there's more! There will also be a new raid. I can't give away too much about it. All I can tell you is it involves running down a really really, really long underground cave, fighting mobs/adds and a few boss along the way. Stay tuned!
Little Mermaid
Diva

Hmm source? I'm almost always updated with their plans and have not heard or seen this.

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

I think Magneto will be in it too.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

Arwen will be a boss fight

I assumed that she is just making a new concept for a story/background...

| (• ◡•) | ノ\(❍ᴥ❍)ʋ   {\__/}

( • - •) / つ
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

Captain Unohana wrote:
I assumed that she is just making a new concept for a story/background...
Brandy Rogers wrote:
The devs are coming out with some Brand New All Original content just like ICW. That's right! Brand New Original DLC!

Okay this post was Really Misunderstood, so I probably should explain it. It also should probably not have gone under stories but was not sure the best place to put it.

Basically I was trying to make a really really dumb joke and make a point. The ICW Alert was not really new dlc in some regards. We have fought on Oolong island which was not a new place. Either was fighting Bruno. (Or running down long caves.)

They basically just rehashed, combined, and put together stuff we already did and called it new dlc. So I was trying to say they were going to do it several more times and call it new dlc. Just trying to make a point that they kind of took a short cut. ("The new Darkseid mission is fighting Bruno on Oolong Island. Really? Oh wait, they included a story. Now it makes sense." (sarcasm)).

Oh never mind. Like I said I was trying (failed) to make a really really dumb joke. Actually maybe I succeeded in a making a really really Dumb joke, depending on how you look it.(It ain't a joke if you have to explain it and nobody got it). I will stick to my day job. Have Great Day Everyone.
Dametria
Dametria_DCUO
Star

If it helps...I actually got the joke. xD

I knew it was a joke. I think we need a Funhouse section here like the DCUO Forums.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

if it helps, i rode along wif teh "magneto" comment joke.
and then! quoted unohana and brandy
and then! watched my evil plan unravel

SITH!!!!!!!!

Brandy Rogers wrote:
Okay this post was Really Misunderstood, so I probably should explain it. It also should probably not have gone under stories but was not sure the best place to put it.

Basically I was trying to make a really really dumb joke and make a point. The ICW Alert was not really new dlc in some regards. We have fought on Oolong island which was not a new place. Either was fighting Bruno. (Or running down long caves.)

They basically just rehashed, combined, and put together stuff we already did and called it new dlc. So I was trying to say they were going to do it several more times and call it new dlc. Just trying to make a point that they kind of took a short cut. ("The new Darkseid mission is fighting Bruno on Oolong Island. Really? Oh wait, they included a story. Now it makes sense." (sarcasm)).

Oh never mind. Like I said I was trying (failed) to make a really really dumb joke. Actually maybe I succeeded in a making a really really Dumb joke, depending on how you look it.(It ain't a joke if you have to explain it and nobody got it). I will stick to my day job. Have Great Day Everyone.

Ah okay.. I gots it.. I'm slow.. :P

Anyways, referring to the comment about Darkseid mission fighting Bruno in Oolong Island.. it actually makes sense because in the comics, Intergang is affiliated to Darkseid but yeah I feel you. Reason they do trilogies really is to save time/resources. Ex: Metropolis Battlezone/Gotham Under Sieged, the don't need to make new cities, just expand on already existing assets and only need to add a few new locations within the theme. Basically, to save space for the PS3!!!

Brandy TankTyke
Diva

I did not know that there was actually a comic story about ICW being related to Darkseid. I never even had really heard of them until now. Are they New 52? DCUO is supposed to be more old school canon. I'm really into the animations, they might have been mentioned in BAS, but never really paid attention. I will read up on it more, makes me feel better that they didn't just make it up on the spot.Thanks for telling me.

I actually do like the open world stuff and that they use the cities they already created more. I wish they would do more too that wasn't just operatons, like when we leveled up. I actually do like leveling a little.(except for cyborg, he's tough).

I felt just a little robbed that's all (lol). If I was not a member, I'm just not sure I would want to buy dlc about a Darkdseid mission where I'm fighting Bruno on Oolong Island. Granny Goodness might be better. But then she's so ugly, I wouldn't want to look at her every time. Yuk!

As far as the PS3, I have come across players debating about that- is the PS3 holding things back, if the PS4 can handle it then do they need to worry about the ps3, etc. Right now even pc users are having issues with outdated pc's. It will be interesting how DCUO does things in the future. Sooner or later, I think they are going to have to increase the minimum requirements.

Update: Ah, okay, I went and looked them up. They were the ones in the Young Justice Animation. Also the Superman Animated episode. Also the JLU reference by Batman. I remember them now that it is explained, did not really know who they were. Okay, the mission has my approval (lol).
Little Mermaid
Diva

Clarification: There is no storyline in DC about Dcuo's ICW.

I have no idea if Bruno is even in the new 52 canon and if he's affiliated to Darkseid and also, every storyline we have are adaptations from the "old school" cannon.
Back to the Bruno thing, Bruno and Chang Tzu are during the infinite crisis are criminal masterminds who served Darkseid. They formed a science squad and had their HQ in Oolong Island.
Note that our DCUO is its own universe so the devs and creative writers do somethings different from the comics and keeping somethings inspired from various DC storylines. Ex: The War of the Light trilogy is inspired by the same name storyline as well as Amazon Fury from Amazon's attack but changed alot of things to fit our own universe.

TLDR: They do make some stuff up and keep certain things, and they always ask DC for approval first and if it appears in game then its approve Happy

I agree with you on the leveling stuff, I had a blast the first time I played. When many players expressed their enjoyment on the leveling storylines/missions, they "listened" through operations which supposedly brought us back to the open world.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: