B'Day - wyld Kard
B'Day - Biomis
B'Day - Raarsi
B'Day - Psylinke
B'Day - Navigator333
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

re: Alessa Heart

no spell-checks or grammar checks because... lazybutt

Rummaging around my bag looking for a pen. Clicks open the pen and skims through the internship form on the clipboard on my lap as I glance around people walking by in the hospital. Metropolis General Hospital that is... I look down again on the clip board and decided to be systematic about it and start on the top.
"Metropolis General Hospital Internship form.... Name:" Clicks the pen twice.... "Alessa L. Heart" Progress, okay. "Age: 22, Date of Birth: September 10, 1992, Place of Birth: Middleton...." Middleton, I haven't been there in ages. The last time I was there was the highschool graduation. Highschool, huh, the reason why I badly want to leave that place, well of course I had to go to college, but yeah, highschool sucked really bad.

It's like one of those teenage chick-flicks slash teen adult romcoms but without the happy endings in a trilogy. It's like that movie with Alicia Silverstone and Paul Rudd except for the red hair, the personality and Paul Rudd, okay maybe nothing like the movie but I guess it nails the setting and environment, anyway. My boyfriend during freshman, he was okay, kind of deep, artsy and would quote song lyrics to mostly anything. I liked him very much, until almost the end of the freshman year when he suddenly became detached with everything. Being my first, it was painful to be honest, it maybe just childish infatuation but the pain felt real. Sophomore year, I sat next to the new guy who transferred school, he had this adonis, chiseled face and athletic build the complete opposite of freshman BF. He was outgoing, he played ball, he was fun to be around, but sad to say, it didn't work out being him lacking that depth I'm kind of looking for. He wasn't much of a conversationalist and things got dull so quickly. That time, my heart felt empty, yeah I was sad, but not in a tragic way, it was just bland. Junior year, he played soccer, for this one i'll make it short, his tongue was slick, the way he talks is romantically intoxicating, any girl would easy fall for him, but when he's not trying to get in your pants, he's your average... scratch that above average asshole who had this huge ego and god complex. Sad that I fell for that crap, all those fancy words and shit. That time I felt my heart was clouded by illusions, blindsided, taken for a fool. Senior year? screw being in a relationship! I was about to graduate and decided to spend the rest of my highschool getting good grades and partying, like I said a trilogy... but in seriousness, I just got tired of it. My Alessa "Heart" is exhausted. I took a break.

I realized I looked like an idiot staring at blank space while my mind wandered. Went back on filling up the form. "College: University of Metropolis"... A back story of relationship? None... As much as I like partying like the next person, I was a Med student, getting my degree on surgery. Why? Parents' were doctors? Nah, I just liked the idea of fixing people. Literally fixing people. Though I'd say it has something to do with my not-so-great romantic history. The connection isn't clear ain't it? I vividly remember all the heart breaks I went thru and how some of it hurt like crazy inside. Wished that I could fix what was going on inside, it's all sappy sob story really but at a certain moment that I decided I wanted to fix people. I thought of majoring in Psychology and be a shrink but meh, wouldn't it be nice to open up people and patch them up so they would feel better? I laughed a little inside and dropped my pen.

"Meta-Human:.... ". I'd tell you this story of this brainiac guy and the justice league and exobytes and shit, but it feels like a broken record. Some people wasn't infected and some people, well, got..."it". Not really your normal environment of living really, maybe in some other parallel universe where people don't have powers and stuf, though I wonder what would that be like, I really wouldn't know. Anyway, exobytes bla blah blah infection blah blah blah war, explosion, poof. Well it's not totally unique, I'm not the only one with it, others have it too, some different from others, but I could care less really. Maybe somewhat I still haven't seen the bigger picture of the purpose of having "it". I think it's good in some way too, I'd stil live my life normally with a little bit of advantage. I looked at my pen as it started to float towards me.
".... yes"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 years in, I'm finally a resident surgeon here in Metropolis General Hospital. A city filled with chaos, how can work not be hectic. Everyday some caped crusader or some tight suit wearing villain comes in. It's not like their justice league calibre or Lex Luthor's henchmen or something. They're your average bludgering idiot who think they're invincible. We occassionaly get ordinary patients with a little bit of extraordinaire in their case. Something we can put our medical practice to good use, not some lame ass broken bone because some idiot tried jumping roof to roof or gunshot wounds because they think they're bulletproof. Regardless of idiocracy, I get the job done and it good to fix somebody.

Everyone has their reason and use of their powers. Not everybody decided to be a hero in this world. You got a crapload of people with powers, some fight the war, some let the others do it and help in their own way. Metropolis has its safezones, protected by The Watchtower, communities just trying to survive this war. Anyway, I didn't want to bother with all the war stuff going on, you've got the justice league and a bunch of super powered peeps helping out... There's this diner in the safezone where I get burger, the cook there has heat vision, he flips burgers for a living and cook em with his eyes, I didn't need to ask why he's still doing it, I guess he's just the same as me, the intent of living a simple life, though he said once in a while when there's a threat, like those brainiac thingies, he just beams the hell out of them. I could say the same thing with the mental powers used in surgeries. As much as I could do an operation alone, I didnt want to take people's job. A little bit of psychic nudge on organs here and there. Makes it a little bit easier at times.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The city was under lockdown, which means all hospitals are ready for something crazy about to happen. News says an unearthly individual decided to take on Brainiac's army. Not sure if stupid or what, but who am I to assume, I just hauled ass to the hospital regardless of it's not even my shift, the casualties might be catastrophic if these war-freak badonka donks decide to take it out on the innocent civilians. The hospital is down south, crossing the bridge to Bohemia, I live up north, a couple of blocks away from Metropark. On my routine commute, I go around the battlezone and take a long route along safezones. My beeper and phone rang violently as I have assigned tones for emergency. "GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW" it reads, from the chief surgeon of the hospital. I got all mentally dressed up, got in my scrub and rushed downstairs. I got in my car and thought the time it would take if I took the safezone route. "no, that'll take too long" I said, I decided it'll be quicker to do a bee-line drive south passing by Metropark... Oh I wished I listened to the news a couple of more minutes...

Tires screech as I drove up the basement parking and out of the street. As soon as I got clear of the building skyline I could see giant ships hovering the city. I could see one going down right now. Driving on Metropark avenue, giant trees catapulted towards me as I did evasive driving. "Holy shit! What the hell was that?! Christ I'm going to need to put the car in a bubble". For precaution, I learned some protective stuff with my mental power, like Physic Field, Thought Bubble and other "push stuff away" moves. I had to put the entire car in a thought bubble and kept driving. It takes a toll on me, this mental stuff, when it comes to applying in a bigger scale. Debris and tree branches kept falling from the general direction of the Metropark. Swerving around the obstacles, thought bubble catching most of the other things from the sky. I can hear deep sounding explosions from Metropark, it's nothing like bomb explosions, I can feel it reverberate through the thought bubble, the car and in me. It was some kind of force. I kept driving, foot on the floor and the sounds of war starts to boil down a little. Something airborn made me look up as I try to make it up, "the hell is that?.... *BRAKES SCrEEEECHH* .... THAT's SOMEONE!" A body headed down to oblivion. I got out of my car and ran towards where it'll land. I looked at the body as I try to get in range to get it inside a thought bubble. The body started to be covered in purple aura "YES!" I rejoiced, the least thing I can do since I was still to far to make it slow down. A loud bang of debris echoed on the street as it dug up a crater. I had my med kit, which I always keep in my trunk, following me around, hovering, I had it in my mind as soon as I got out of the car.

Female. Multiple stab wounds... including a lash on the hear, still breathing but dwindling. My brain and mental powers synced, my head filled with medical procedures as I was working with my hands try to stop the bleeding. Med kit opened up as different instrument work they way around to patching up deep muscle and tissue damage, thread and needle going in and out closing most of the skin lacerations, I had to cauterize most of the internal damages and the heart gash right then and there. I kept going as I worked like I had a team with me. As I patch up the last wound to close her up, her heart stopped. "FUCK ME" I had a defib ready as I resuscitated her back to life and then.... I felt a bit of a push... My purple aura particles getting pushed away too. I can feel it inside too... *FTOOOOOOOM* She jerked and sit up straight as I got pushed away, my butt sliding on concrete. "HEY!" I exclaimed, "I need to get you to a hospital!... HEY!" She stood up completely ignoring me like your cliche heroic shit looking from afar, her back on me, as she started to limp towards the hell hole she was catapulted from. "I just saved your life you ungrateful bitch!" God these heroes are so dramatic as hell. She stopped and picked up something, I didn't know what it was but I think she was trying to make it work or something. "FINE! be that way you overdramatical hero, you're all the same with your walking to the dust and disappearing shit! You people are so... UHG!". She stopped, back still to me, she glanced back, "thank you..." she said faintly. "UH HUH, can I atleast get a name?!" She glanced back one more time as the thing she picked up finally worked....and she said it the most, oddly, comforting tone.
"My name is....
...Arwen

Had to be. some of the best. narrative I've read! loved the first person perspective through out the whole thing! I especially liked the tone of not only the character, but also the world around her. People with super powers just trying to live a normal life as well as others with exobyte powers still fighting like they would at first, amateurs. Hoping to read more soon, keep it up!

| (• ◡•) | ノ\(❍ᴥ❍)ʋ   {\__/}

( • - •) / つ
Cara Lace
Cara Lace
Diva

OMG i love it Arwen........
i knew it!! is all im gonna say hehe

Beta Babe
Star

Arwen, wow. I like your tone, voice, and style. This was a good read - I identify and like her. I want more...I want that name!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: