B'Day - Jackie OLantern
B'Day - timetracker2643
B'Day - Bizowerr Girl
B'Day - wyld Kard
B'Day - Biomis
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cara Lace
Cara Lace
Diva

re: Cara Part 12: The Daredevlette Part II

Daredevlette Part 2

Staring:
Jenny Styger aka Iron Beauty
Kitt Gloves
Maggie Doyle aka Comanderette America
Black Mantagirl
Princess Ianeira aka The Sub Mariness
She Devil
Dr. Ebony Cartwright
Dee aka Lickadee Split
Joanie Tempest aka Matchstick Girl

And featuring…
Melanie Matters aka Daredevlette

“Are you sure about this, Maggs?” Jenny Styger says through Iron Beauty’s open face plate over the soft hiss of her thruster as she hovers a few feet off the floor of the Styger Research and Development Testing Hangar. Opposite her in full combat stance with shield at the ready is the red, white and blue clad Comanderette America. The two begin to slowly circle around, each keeping their distance and their eyes on each other. “I mean, I’ve got the world’s most highly advanced powered armor and you’ve got…no offense, a glorified army hub cap.”

Maggie’s eyes focus in hard as her fists tighten. Her legs are like coiled springs, ready to pounce in a split second.

“Look, I don’t want to hurt you…” Jenny continues and cuts her thruster, landing with a solid thud on the hangar floor.

“Did you just say ‘hub cap’!?” The soldier interrupts indignantly as she launches straight up into the air and with a full spin for momentum she hurls her shield directly at the Iron Beauty. It soars through the air in a blur and Jenny can only snap her faceplate shut a split second before it slams into her armored chest. The impact is so strong it lifts the armor off its feet and fills the room with a loud echoing clang as her back hits the metal floor.

“Hey!” Jenny protests as she sits up no worse for wear. “I wasn’t ready!”

“In combat your enemy doesn’t care if you’re ready.” Maggie counters as she continues to circle around her friend. “That’s your problem Styger, you never strategize. You just blast it or plow into it.”

The Omni-directional thruster on Jenny’s back roars to life once more and lifts her high above her opponent. Spinning around, she looks down at Maggie. “I like to call it ‘being quick on the uptake’,” she says and fires two pulse bursts from her palm cannons. “…or in my case… jet pack!”

Even at low power, the beams hit the floor with force as Maggie leaps and twists and dives, her moves like an artful dance, as she evades the blasts.

“Bad guys can’t anticipate my moves because I’m unpredictable.” Jenny says as she continues to fire blasts at the nimble soldier. She grins inside her helmet as she follows Maggie’s evasion techniques and a holographic display appears on her HUD identifying a pattern in the Comanderette’s moves. “You, on the other hand, are totally predictable.”

Jenny fires two perfectly timed bolts catching Maggie in mid air and hitting her square in the chest. The force of the blasts sends her thumping to the floor and sliding up against the wall, unhurt except for her pride. She looks back to see Iron Beauty slowly hovering toward her.

“You get those moves from an old army manual?” Jenny taunts playfully. “Haven’t you got anything new?”

The Comanderette smiles as Jenny closes in with her palms raised and ready. “I bet you haven’t seen this one.”

“I bet I have…” Jenny starts to reply but is interrupted by a sudden flash of blue energy and in an instant the Comanderette vanishes. Reappearing some ten yards behind the Iron Beauty, the soldier lets her shield fly once more. It ricochets off the floor and catches Jenny on her right ankle with enough force to send her spinning off balance and slamming back first into the concrete wall.

“Ouch.” Jenny utters under the scraping sound of her metal shell slowly sliding down the wall until she lands on her armored butt. “Ok, I’ll give you that one, but if I was going full on, you’d be a grease spot by now.”

“So who asked you to hold back?” Maggie says as her still flying shield bounces off a far wall and flies back toward her. Maggie simply holds out her right arm and the shield slips perfectly into place. “Your armor is amazing but it’s only as good as its pilot. If I can beat you, I can beat Iron Beauty.”

“Oh…is that so?” Jenny replies in a cocky tone. “Ok, this time I won’t hold back and to make it interesting how about a little bet? When I win, you have to shine and polish all my armors for a month.”

“They’d be cleaner than they ever have been.” Maggie says with a grin. “However, when I win you go to boot camp training with me, and I hope you like running, Jenny... lots and lots of running.”

“I usually pay people to do my running for me, but ya know what? You’re on.” Jenny says with the double barrel finger point for effect.

Maggie smiles and then leaps, somersaulting backwards and landing in combat stance. “Are you ‘ready’ this time, Styger?”

“Har dee har har…” Jenny replies through her external speakers. “ReadysetGO!!!”

Just as the pair are about to leap headlong into battle, a loud boom thunders through the facility. Maggie and Jenny hold their position as they both feel the tremble from the force. Another boom, louder and stronger than the first nearly knocks the heroines to the floor.

“DANIEL, a little help here?” Jenny says to her automated assistant.

“My apologies Madame, but apparently we are having a visitor.” DANIEL responds just as the main hangar bay doors crash inward. When she looks up, Jenny stares almost astonished at the bright, emerald green glow of the Sub Mariness as she softly floats inside and lands a few feet in front her. Over the goddess’s shoulder is an unconscious woman clad in a deep red body suit and mask.

“Styger, I will have words with you.” Ianeira commands rather than says.

“Hello Subby.” Jenny says in a puzzled tone. “Ya know, when I said to drop by anytime this isn’t exactly what I meant.”

“Forgive my abrupt intrusion, but the matter is urgent and you are the only surface dweller I know.” The Sub Mariness replies laying her burden down gently on the floor. Maggie leans over the woman with Jenny and takes off a glove. Pressing her bare fingers on the woman’s neck she checks for a pulse and is relieved when she finds one.

“She’s alive.” Maggie says standing up to face the mighty Polaran. She cannot help but be somewhat in awe of Ianeira’s beauty, her sheer size as she towers over the young soldier and the regal atmosphere that surrounds her presence. “What happened?”

“Who is this mortal, one of your servants, Styger?” Ianeira asks.

“What?” Jenny says failing to hold back a giggle. “No, no. This is Comanderette America. Soldier, patriot, warrior…You’ll like her.”

“Ah, I have heard tales of you during my time in Atlantis.” Ianeira says. “It is an honor. I am Princess Ianeira, sister to Queen Amphitrite of Polaron and Sub Mariness of the Nereides.”

“The honor is mine, your highness.” Maggie says with diplomatic flare.

“Yah huh, we just call her Subby. What’s this all about?” Jenny says, getting back to the woman on her floor. “Who is this and what happened to her?”

“Alas I know not.” Ianeira begins. “However I must gain audience with your leaders and tell them I will not accept the discarding of perfectly good mortals into my waters.”

“Your waters?” Maggie asks.

“Aye, you’re ‘Aquaman’ has granted me the waters between Metropolis and Gotham city as my protectorate as well as the status of Ambassador.” The Sub Mariness explains proudly. “I was exploring the area off Gotham City when I was alerted to the presence of this mortal, drowning in the open sea. I cannot council your leaders on how to conduct affairs on the surface but I will not have unwanted surface dwellers launched into my waters.”

“What do you mean launched?” Jenny asks.

“The sea creatures that were present said she arrived skipping along the surface of the water enclosed within solid rock which broke apart. As we were several leagues out to sea, it must have been propelled by a mighty force.” Ianeira answers.

Still unconscious, the mysterious red woman moans in obvious pain and her lips curl into a grimace.

“Let’s get her to the infirmary.” Jenny states using Iron Beauty to scoop up the injured woman gently and effortlessly. “We won’t learn anything if she dies on my hangar deck.” She turns and begins to walk toward the inner hatchway. “DANIEL, prep the infirmary and get Ebony over here. Tell her to make it snappy.”

“Right away, Madame.” DANIEL responds causing the Sub Mariness to look back and forth across the room.

“Someday Styger, you must regale me with the tale of how you brought your spirit companion into such servitude.” She asks with amazement as she follows after Jenny and Maggie.

“That’s not a spirit, that’s DANIEL.” Maggie attempts to explain as the trio proceeds to the infirmary. “He’s a… well, it’s complicated.”

Meanwhile, somewhere else…

“You don’t really believe she can run that fast, do you?” Black Mantagirl asks. “As fast as the Flash?”

“I believe she can run at least as fast as the Flash…” Kitt Gloves responds as the pair stands on the edge of a long test track, “…maybe even faster.”

The pair looks on as Dee walks up to take a ready position at the start of the track. No longer the filthy homeless waif, she is now clean enough to reveal how pretty she really is. Dressed in a skin tight body suit of yellow, blue and red only the top of her head where her twin ponytails and her face are visible. The process that Kitt and BMG put her through has also turned her hair color to a bright white. Atop her head and holding her large pony tails in place are a set of thick goggles and her eyes are covered with sinister looking red lenses. As she limbers up her arms and legs and loosens up her neck, she turns and grins at her best friend Joanie who stands about thirty feet behind her among a chaotic scene of activity.

“Rip it up Dee!!” Joanie shouts and gives thumbs up. The young blonde has also undergone a transformation of sorts from the street urchin she was just a few days ago. Her cleaned and styled spiky blonde hair tops her pretty freckled face as she stands in her own body suit of blue of white. On her chest is an emblem that reads JGD. Behind her is a tractor trailer and an open tent with various pieces of equipment all manned by more of the white coated technicians milling around from machine to machine as they monitor the information being relayed to them from the sensors in Dee’s suit.

“All right!” Kitt shouts to Dee above the noise and commotion. “I want you to run to end of the track and stop. Our scientists will be monitoring your speed along with your vital signs while your only goal is to get there as fast as you can.”

Dee nods and gives a thumb up sign, barely able to control her excitement. She reaches up and gently places her goggles over her eyes as she crouches down into position. As she stares straight ahead at the far distant end of the track, Black Mantagirl pulls a gun from her armor and points it straight up.

“Go…” Kitt almost whispers and BMG pulls her trigger.

The gun goes off but is literally drowned out by a bigger blast as Dee erupts into speed and in a streak of yellow lightning goes hurling down the long track. The backwash from her movement knocks Joanie on her butt and blows over a few pieces of equipment, sending the technicians scrambling to hold everything down.

As Kitt’s tail blows in all the wind, her cat eyes narrow and a smile of ill-intent crosses her lips. Joanie gets back on her feet and is dumbfounded by what she just saw until finally she leaps into the air pumping her fist like it’s a rock concert.

“That was AWESOME!!” She shouts as her boots return to the ground and then spin toward the lab techs. “How fast is she going??”

“This is…this is incredible!” One of the techs says as he looks up from a computer screen. “She went from zero to three hundred miles per hour in point zero two milliseconds!”

Out on the track, Dee is in her own state of disbelief and joy. She is amazed as everything around her seems to blur and fade as she passes them. She feels energy coursing through every fiber of her being and looks down to see her feet leaving a trail of that energy on the pavement. She starts to laugh from the sheer pleasure and the realization that her life is now forever changed. No more homeless shelters, no more gangs, no more petty theft! She’s big time now, she’s made it; she has arrived.

The huge stunt-man style airbag explodes as Dee slams into it at the end of the track. It folds and collapses around her, but stops her at last. Dazed and panting from the effort, but still giggling like a school girl, Dee crawls out of the crumpled fabric and stands up to signal she is alright. Suddenly a hazy purple image of Kitt Gloves appears standing before the young speedster. It does not startle Dee as she is used to Kitt mentally projecting into her mind to talk.

“You are supposed to stop BEFORE you hit the air bag.” Kitt scolds mildly. “It’s one thing to have super powers, it’s quite another to control them.”

“I’ll learn…” Dee says between breaths. “…I can…do this.”

“Yes, I know you can.” Kitt says affectionately. “Perhaps you simply lack the proper motivation.”

Back at the starting line, Black Mantagirl points her pistol at Joanie who is still reveling in Dee’s achievement and unaware.

“You just went a mile in 5 seconds.” Kitt’s image says to Dee. “Can you go a mile faster than a bullet can go thirty feet?”

“What?! Wait!! NO!!” Dee shouts and launches forward instinctively just as BMG again pulls her trigger. The blast from the gun makes Joanie turn in time to see the shot aimed directly at her and she throws her hands up and cringes out of reflex.

As Dee closes in she knows she will not make it in time and panic wells up within her. It sets off a reaction deep in her chest.

“JOANIE!!!” She cries out and gives one last surge forward. The entire world seems to explode in a blinding white flash, but only for a second. When her vision clears, the world appears very different. Everything is dull and colorless, awash in the contrast of an old black and white movie. There is no sound except Dee’s own breathing and the pounding of her heart.

The young speedster whizzes past Kitt and Black Mantagirl who appear frozen in time with BMG’s pistol still in the process of firing. The flash of the muzzle seems to pulse in super slow motion and Dee can see the bullet a few yards in front of her with a trail as it slices through the air straight at her best friend. She can see it slowly moving forward, the only thing she can see moving at all, and without any idea of what to do or how to stop it she simply reaches out and plucks the projectile from the air with her hand. To Dee’s amazement, it comes to rest gently in her palm and she begins to laugh until she looks up and sees she is about to run straight into Joanie who also seems frozen in time with her hands up and a scared look on pretty young face.

Dee’s legs instantly stiffen with her feet out in front of her and she skids along the pavement. Color suddenly bleeds back into the world and the sudden rush of sound returns to her ears as she tumbles into Joanie and they both go flailing to the ground.

Joanie sits up instantly running her hands over her chest, checking for holes in a panic as Dee simply rolls over and gazes straight up into the sky, laughing as she holds up her open hand to show the bullet to her hapless friend.

“What the hell, dude!!” Joanie shouts angrily at Black Mantagirl.

“Relax Joanie.” Dee says between giggles. “I had you covered. Did you see me? I grabbed a freakin’ bullet out of the air!!”

“She was gonna kill me!!” Joanie shouts as she stands up with her fists clenched and shaking in anger. She doesn’t notice the wisps’ of smoke that begin emanating off of her, nor the light that begins to flicker in her eyes.

“Woah Joanie, relax…” Dee says backing away slowly from a wave of heat that starts radiating off the spiky blonde teen. “…You’re OK, no harm done.”

“No harm done? NO HARM DONE?!” Joanie shouts back as actual flames begin flaring off her hands and up her arms.

“Joanie, you’re on fire!!” Dee says in disbelief as flames literally engulf her friend as she continues her tirade.

“You’re damn right! I am fired up!!” Joanie yells.

“No, I mean you’re ON FIRE!!” Dee says again.

“What….” Joanie says and then looks at her hands as brilliant orange flame dances all over them and her entire body. “AHHH! STOP DROP AND ROLL STOP DROP AND ROLL!!!” She throws herself to ground and begins rolling around but the flames only grow until she herself is a burning orange ember.

“Joanie…it’s your power…” Dee says in awe of her friend as Joanie stops flopping on the ground and slowly stands up.

“It…it doesn’t hurt…” Joanie utters through the flames. “It feels…good.”

“Enough!” Kitt says abruptly as her and Black Mantagirl approaches the pair. “This is not a game; we are teaching you the skills you will need to stay alive. If you die in the process then you were never worthy to begin with. Do you understand?”

“Yes Kitt, I understand.” Dee says obediently.

“Yea, I got it.” Joanie says with an attitude, and then suddenly flicks a small ball of fire at Black Mantagirl which knocks her back a step as it sizzles against her helmets armor. “Just making sure BMG ‘understands’ too.”

“There may be hope for you yet.” Kitt says with a sinister grin at Joanie.

“Grrrrrr…” Black Mantagirl growls at Joanie. “Careful Matchstick, you only get one.”

“That’s ‘purr’-fect!” Kitt says with irony. “Welcome to the Justice Girls Dark, Lickadee Split and Matchstick Girl.”

Back at Styger Research & Development..

It suddenly all rushes in, the cacophony of sounds from six different medical monitoring devices, the strong antiseptic smells of a medical facility, and the heartbeat of a single person. Consciousness returns and instinct tells her just one thing; that Melanie Matters always gets up.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” A pleasant female voice says with a certain English accent.

“Arrrgghh!!” The patient grunts in pain as she slowly lays back down.

“I told you. Are you going to listen to me now?” The woman’s voice asks.

“Where am I?” Melanie asks in her rough voice.

“You’re in the Medical Lab at the Styger Research and Development facility.” The voice answers and Melanie recognizes it as Ebony Cartwright, the woman she met at her office the previous day.

Melanie reaches up to touch her face and confirms what she already knows, that her mask has been removed. “You’ve seen my face?”

“I’m afraid so.” Ebony answers. “It was necessary to examine you.”

“Who else?” Melanie grunts.

“Just me.” Ebony assures. “Just as no one else knows that you are blind. I consider that irrelevant to your condition as it was pre-existing.”

“I have to go.” The Daredevlette says trying to get up again, and failing again. “Arrrrgghh!!!”

“Ok I REALLY wouldn’t move around too much.” Ebony cautions. “You’ve got three broken ribs, a concussion and a mild case of decompression sickness.”

“Is that all, or all you know about?” Melanie asks settling back down again.

“Well there are a few test results I am still waiting on, but that is the gist of it.” Ebony says in a reassuring tone. “What I do not know is how a blind Private Investigator in a mask ends up beaten half to death and drowned on my examination table?”

“Just lucky I guess.” Melanie responds.

“Well, I would hate to see what you consider to be unlucky.” Ebony says with a smile as she checks the readout on a nearby monitor.

“How did I get here?” Melanie asks between winces.

“That part WAS luck actually.” Ebony answers. “A friend of Ms. Styger found you in the ocean and brought you to us rather unexpectedly.”

“…found me….in the ocean?” Melanie asks in disbelief. “I guess being Iron Beauty would get you some pretty unique friends.”

“You have no idea.” Ebony says with a laugh.

“How long do you think I’ll be laid up?” Melanie asks as she feels the bandages around her ribs.

“Well, you seems to have given you quite the healing factor along with your other ‘talents’. I’d say a few days and you’ll be right as rain.” Ebony says in her pleasant manner.

“That’s too late.” Melanie replies with a determined look. “Those girls need help.”

Ebony pulls a stool over to Melanie’s bedside and sits. “What happened, Melanie?” She says gently.

“I looked into your case.” The Daredevlette begins. “I found something in the security footage that gave me a lead.”

“We went over that footage with every forensic test possible but came up with nothing.” Ebony says with some astonishment. “What did you find?”

“Natasha Vorosilov.” Melanie answers. “She’s a freelance red lantern who was known to operate out of south Gotham about a year ago. She did a lot of enforcer type work for a group I’ve been trying to nail in Crime Alley.”

“Why would a red lantern want to destroy the Styger Robotics plant?” Ebony questions.

“For the money; and I’m guessing it was a lot.” Melanie says in all seriousness. “She was hired by Lex Luthor.”

“That’s it!” Ebony says excited. “We bring her in and we can get Lex Luthor once and for all!”

“It’s not that easy. Natasha Vorosilov hasn’t been seen on Earth or even in this quadrant for over a year.” Melanie cautions. “She disappeared right after the plant was destroyed.”

“Then we’re back at the beginning.” Ebony says sadly. “Wait, I don’t understand. Who did this to you if not this Natasha person?”

“Well hand me my outfit…” Melanie says as she grunts thru the pain of sitting up. “...and then bring in Jenny Styger. As much as I hate to admit it, I’m going to need help with this one.”

Somewhere else, again...

Joanie Tempest stands within a small five by ten box of banded carbon titanium alloy. Hoses and wires are plugged in at various places on its surfaces, all leading up to a central control room that rests atop metal scaffolding some twenty feet above it. The cavern around them is dark except for the bright spotlights shining on the metal box below.

“All right Matchstick…” Kitt Gloves says from the control room. “…Light it up.”

Joanie grins and holds up her hands in front of her. She marvels at herself as they burst into a brilliant flame and is amazed that she feels no heat from it. Her skin doesn’t burn and remains completely unaffected. She closes her eyes and flexes her muscles with effort and the flames instantly engulf her entire body. Her body suit seems to evaporate off of her as she glows like a hot ember and her flames fill the small metal box.

“Woo Hoo!!” She yells with the exhilaration of it all.

Kitt watches seated at a computer terminal in the control room above while Black Mantagirl stands behind her with her arms folded across her chest. Her helmet rests on the table next to her revealing her striking beauty. Her raven black hair flows down her back and frames a warrior’s face as she watches the test below with interest.

“She’s heating up from her core.” Kitt says with curiosity. “And her vitals are completely normal. I admit, I didn’t think she would survive the process so I told the computer to just pick a random power. Apparently it chose well.”

The ‘Woooosh’ of a sudden gust of wind announces the arrival of Lickadee Split and in her arms are at least a dozen Big Belly Burgers; not including the half eaten one in her hand. Standing next to Black Mantagirl and munching on a mouthful of burger, she peers over Kitts shoulder and looks down at her best friend. She swallows and notices BMG staring at her with disgust.

“What? I’m hungry.” Lickadee says opening her next burger and taking a huge bite, smiling innocently at BMG while she chews.

“Your metabolism has sped up with the rest of you.” Kitt offers to break the tension. “You burn a lot of calories running a few ticks shy of Mach Five.”

The beeping of an alarm from the console draws the trio’s attention back the burning Matchstick Girl who is reveling in her new found power. Kitt looks at the temperature gauges and then out at the box containing Joanie. The metal is glowing red hot and the cables and wires begin to pop and crackle as the insulation burns off of them.

“That’s hotter than I anticipated.” Kitt states as she turns to the loud speaker system and flips a switch. “Dial it back some, Matchstick!”

“Awww, I haven’t even broken a sweat yet.” Joanie complains. “I can go hotter!”

“Dial it back!” Kitt orders as the temperature gauge soars passed nineteen hundred Kelvin.

Joanie smirks and flexes one last time sending her flames roaring and blasting out of the air holes of her container. Its metal exterior expands outward and begins to warp and melt.

“Uhm Joanie, I think you better stop!” Lickadee shouts.

Black Mantagirl growls with contempt and holds up a hand. The earth itself responds to her command and a thick cloud of swirling dirt engulfs the flaming box. She pours it on and soon the roaring flames snuff out. When the debris settles, the half melted metal box sits in a pile of sand, much of which has melted into glass. At the center, laying on her back and laughing hysterically is the Matchstick Girl.

“You guys are cramping my style!” Joanie says.

“Joanie, you were at almost three thousand Kelvin.” Kitt says with a scowl.

“Kewl!” Joanie says excited. “…what’s a Kelvin? Is that hot?”

“It’s hot enough to kill yourself and everyone around you.” Kitt answers sternly. “Disobey me again and the dirt you get buried with will be your grave.”

“Uhm, right...” Joanie says. “… Sorry, geez.”

In the blink of an eye, Dee rushes down to the cavern floor and the two best friends begin chattering like two school girls. Laughing and joking and telling each other how amazing they are, and how things are going to be so much better now with their new found powers. Above in the control room, Kitt and Black Mantagirl hold their own discussion.

“Did you see that?” Kitt says to Black Mantagirl. “These girls are more powerful than I had planned, almost as powerful as you.”

“They are undisciplined and immature children.” BMG states with disdain. “To them this is all just fun and games.”

“Perhaps, but their power levels have grown faster than all the other girls.” Kitt counters. “Either we are getting close to perfecting our process or there is something special about these two.”

“Power levels are irrelevant.” BMG almost spits as puts her ominous looking helmet back on. “To me, they are just pathetically weak children until they can prove otherwise.”

“…And we will are going to give them a chance to prove themselves, earlier than expected.” She Devil says suddenly as she steps through a puff of smoke from the back of the small control room. Black Mantagirl freezes in place, standing at full attention, having only seen She Devil once before and unsure of how she should behave.

“Hello Mother, such a pleasant surprise.” Kitt says with pure affection. “Our new additions are coming along quite nicely.”

“That’s good, because I’ve decided to move up the timetable.” She Devil says looking down over the pair of young girls still fooling around and laughing on the cavern floor below. She grins as Matchstick Girl lobs small balls of flame in random directions and Lickadee races to and fro snuffing them out with her wind.

“Has something happened?” Kitt questions with her head tilted slightly in concern.

“An opportunity has presented itself that I must take advantage of.” She Devil says with grim satisfaction. “The final component to my plan is within our grasp, but only for a short time.”

“I’ll double the training schedule, weed out the inferiors and get the team ready.” Kitt says with excitement.

“No need daughter.” She Devil declares. “While you have been bringing these two up to speed, I have held my own… shall we say elimination round? …with the others. The survivors are on their way here.”

“Purrr-fect.” Kitt says. “My team will make you proud, Mother.”

“Yes, I know they will.” The demon child responds. “And you will enjoy this particular addition to your team.” She holds up her hand and another puff of smoke bursts into existence next to her. From it steps Menace, the vampiric former leader of the first Justice Girls Dark. Wearing armor that resembles an Iron Maiden turned inside out, her fierce glowing red eyes emanate from two slits in her helmet.

Kitt stares at her old leader in shock for a moment, and then an evil smile crosses her cat-like lips. “Hello Menace. It’s been a long time.”

“I have decided to give Menace one last chance to redeem herself.” She Devil continues. “Though I find her leadership skills lacking, she is a powerful fighter and already skilled enough to carry out my will. Therefore, I am placing her under your direct command Kitt.”

“Mother knows best.” Kitt almost purrs, relishing in this reversal of roles with Menace.

She Devil turns to face all in the room. “While that amateurish fool Circe has been busy with the Victory Stone, she left the secret to a far greater magic unnoticed; well except for me. With it, I can unleash an evil that will drive the mortal sheep into submission and leave this world as my plaything with all of you at my side.”

“What about the ‘b stringers’?” BMG asks pointing a thumb over her shoulder out the window.

“You mean our dear girls?” She Devil mocks walking up to the glass and looking down on Lickadee Split and Matchstick Girl who are play wrestling in the dirt of the cavern floor below. “They are just a means to an end. They may survive the battle, but they won’t survive the war.”

To be continued…

Captain Unohana
Star

gets more and more awesomer! The opening credits are just so neat too!

| (• ◡•) | ノ\(❍ᴥ❍)ʋ   {\__/}

( • - •) / つ
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

They won't survive the war.

Great as always! Keep em coming!! & Where's Terra?
Gatkowski
Star

"A glorified army hubcap." My day made, check.

Damn Cara, this stuff is so friggin' awesome. May you never run out of ideas. My weekend mornings get instantly better when I read these chapters. Happy
Beta Babe
Star

Your descriptive depth and writing style are special Cara - you are most talented. I have liked both installments and look forward to now reading the 3rd.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: