Who's Online
DCUO Announcements

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raarsi
Star

re: The Mantle-Bearer

((Once again, been a while since I’ve done this, but here we go….))

========================================================================

((A darkened room serves as the stage to an interrogation. In the middle of this room, a bruised and battered young man slumps down in his chair, but still remains firmly attached to it by yellow hardlight chains. In front of him stands a visibly annoyed yellow lantern wringing her hand after the beatings she has given.))

“I’m going to ask just one more time boy. Where is that damned core?”

((The young man looks up at the yellow lantern.)) “I keep telling you, it’s in the center of the earth. THAT’S WHY IT’S CALLED A ‘CORE’ YOU DUMB--”

((A bony hardlight fist flies right in the young man’s face as the yellow lantern grows even more aggravated.))

“NOT. THAT. CORE. WHERE IS THAT AVATAR CORE?!!”

((The young man smirks.)) “I’m gonna go on a limb and guess that it’s inside an avatar.”

((The yellow lantern lets out a scream in frustration, punching the young man so hard that he and his chair fly off to the side and onto the floor. After a moment, she pulls his chair back up, forming a hardlight dagger in her free hand and aims it to the young man’s throat.))

“Fine then. Clearly you’re of no use to us, so any last words?”

((A series of loud booming noises are heard outside of the room. The young man chuckles, looking up at the yellow lantern and spitting a tooth at her.))

“She’s heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere. You’re screwed lady.”

“Not if I get to you first you little--what the? AHHHHHHHH!!!”

((The yellow lantern tries to thrust the dagger into the young man’s throat only to find her blade and hand going into a small black portal appearing in front of the young man and quickly closing, severing her hand bearing her power ring, removing her Sinestro Corps uniform as well as the hardlight chains from the young man.))

“WHAT DID YOU DO BRAT?!!”

((A voice echoes throughout the room.)) “It’s what -I- did.”

((A white portal quickly flashes open and closes behind the young man’s chair, leaving behind a white-haired young woman in mystical garb. White mist emanates from her eyes through her mask as she shoots a glare at the now-former yellow lantern.))

“Now get lost!”

((A final scream is heard before the ex-lantern is disintegrated, leaving only a vague, shaded silhouette burned into the nearby wall. The young man gives a sigh of relief.))

“Thanks Raarsi. I thought I was a goner there.”

((Raarsi leans down, placing a hand on the young man’s shoulder, healing him instantly while a small black portal briefly opens up to drop down a large grimoire in front of the young man.))

“Have a little faith, will ya Ahkos? And I guess it’s a good thing only you can read this thing, right?”

((Ahkos nods, grabbing the grimoire in front of him while getting out of his chair.))

“Yup, Archaeneus only lets me read him, but I’m not sure why someone in the Sinestro Corps would want something that seems magical.”

((Raarsi raises an eyebrow.)) “Like what?”

“Something called an ‘Avatar Core’. Ever heard of it?”

((Raarsi pauses a moment.)) “Hmm. Sounds familiar. Does Archaeneus say anything about it.”

((Ahkos holds up the large grimoire, causing it to levitate and open up.))

“I can check that now and--”

((After the grimoire opens up, the door to the room is knocked off its hinges. An armored green lantern stands in the doorway of the room, armed with a variety of hardlight weapons in his hands as well as mounted on various parts of his armor.))

“We gotta get going. Now.”

((Raarsi nods to the green lantern, waving her hand to create a portal on the back wall and walking through it. Ahkos closes his grimoire, taking one look at the green lantern and rolling his eyes.))

“Aww, way to ruin the fun Hallix.”

((As Ahkos walks through the portal left behind by Raarsi, the green lantern shakes his head, dissipating his weapons as he walks into the room. He pauses a moment, looking at the chair as a green hardlight bomb forms in it. Hallix gives a brief smile looking at the bomb and jumps through the portal right before it closes shut.))

re: The Mantle-Bearer

“‘An entity capable of merging with elements of the nearby environment to create sentient life. Any being created by this entity bears extraordinary magical power based on the environment from whence it came in addition to deep ties to areas bearing traits of its origin.’....that’s all Archaeneus seems to say about it.”

((Sitting at a table on a balcony overlooking Gotham University, Ahkos and Raarsi are both looking over an open, seemingly blank, glowing grimoire hovering a couple of inches over their table. Ahkos waves two fingers over the grimoire, causing it to gently lower, close and cease glowing.))

“Oh yeah Raarsi. Archaeneus listed some examples and it said you created one.”

((Raarsi raises an eyebrow.)) “Really?”

“Yup, said you made one named ‘Golaan’ out of some mountainside.”

((Raarsi leans back in her chair.)) “Hmm, must’ve been the last one then.”

((Ahkos tilts his head in confusion.)) “Last one?”

“Yeah Ahkos. The woman I got almost all my powers from was named Raarsi, though it cost her her life. I took up her name to honor that sacrifice, although I suppose it’s better than what my original fancy superhero name was.”

((Ahkos rights his head.)) “Oh? And what was that?”

“It was Vecuvia Ahkos.”

((Hallix speaks as he floats onto the balcony, his Green Lantern armor fading away to reveal his street attire of a black t-shirt and green camo cargo pants as he lands, leaning against the inside of the balcony ledge as he continues talking.))

“Victoria Linselle, a.k.a. Vecuvia. Always wondered why you changed your alias name.”

((Raarsi shoots a glare at Hallix.)) “Yes Michael Hallix, that was why. Care to share any other secrets while you’re at it?”

((Hallix smirks.)) “You mean other than the docea of one Sal Flarock?”

((Ahkos quickly gets up, slamming his hands on the table.)) “HEY, THAT’S -MY- DOCEA!!”

“I know Ahkos. The Sentinels of Magic are pretty interested in that book of yours too. Anyway, I did some -other- digging and found this.”

((Hallix projects from his power ring the image of a JLA report. Ahkos sits back down in his chair, pausing a moment to read it before speaking.))

“So Sinestro Corps was hired to find the avatar core?”

((Hallix shakes his head.)) “I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure much like how Green Lanterns here get orders and missions from JLA, Sinestro Corps members enlisted on Earth must be getting orders and missions from some unsavory sources.”

((Raarsi finishes reading the report and glances back at Hallix.))

“So then the source in this case is likely magical then if they know that the avatar core exists. But who?”

((Hallix shrugs, dissipating the document image.)) “Not a clue. If it’s that important to them though, we might want to try getting our hands on it before they do.”

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: