Who's Online
DCUO Announcements
NEW @ DCUO Forums

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatenabu1

re: Reinventing Kyrss

In stride with DC's new 52 and relaunching characters and just some personal emotional going on, I am reinventing Kyrss. The former Kyrss can either be considered dead, or retconned out of existence. I'll leave that up to you all. I will be changing her story, power set, etc etc into a total original creation.

Dustin
filament fish

It'll be neat to see what you come up with!

(Also I hope everything's okay Dustin...)

-emma
Obsidia Pink

As we talked about, I still like the idea of you keeping Kyrss for PvE and expand the story of an alt. But it is your character and your decision, like Fil I can't wait to see what you come up with. If you need to bounce ideas off someone I'm here.

-Katherine Hepburn
Supergirly
Star

I really can't say how this will effect Kara, actually. She lost her sister and in a really brutal way, in front of her. Part of me screams "RETCON" but another part says, "Hmmm maybe this will help Kara grow?" In any case I love RPing with you and I am sorry that the thing with Spidey got out of hand. I am starting to think that the people I meet to RP with are detrimental to the league. The fact that you almost quit the game over this RP session really bothers me.

I don't want to delete Supergirly, but part of me almost made me do it last night. I am trying to figure out how these stories with Jonny and Spidey are dribing the league apart. I did not join Justice Girls to destroy you all, bt I feel like so much of the drama is my fault for even finding these other RPers. I am kind of at a loss of what to do about it and I am seeking guidance.

Do I RP that Kara lost her sister and has to deal with it?

Do I RP that it was all a dream or a RETCON?

Do I just delete Supergirly and disapear into nothingness?
filament fish

I would highly recommend against your third option!!

<3
Obsidia Pink

Supergirly wrote:
I really can't say how this will effect Kara, actually. She lost her sister and in a really brutal way, in front of her. Part of me screams "RETCON" but another part says, "Hmmm maybe this will help Kara grow?" In any case I love RPing with you and I am sorry that the thing with Spidey got out of hand. I am starting to think that the people I meet to RP with are detrimental to the league. The fact that you almost quit the game over this RP session really bothers me.

I don't want to delete Supergirly, but part of me almost made me do it last night. I am trying to figure out how these stories with Jonny and Spidey are dribing the league apart. I did not join Justice Girls to destroy you all, bt I feel like so much of the drama is my fault for even finding these other RPers. I am kind of at a loss of what to do about it and I am seeking guidance.

Do I RP that Kara lost her sister and has to deal with it?

Do I RP that it was all a dream or a RETCON?

Do I just delete Supergirly and disapear into nothingness?

I would avoid the third option at all costs. People have criticized my stance at only RPing with league/Super Group members... but this is precisely why. Take a break and do something things 'in house' we are a family here and we'll help you grow and expand your story. You're loved and we're happy to have you.

-Katherine Hepburn
fatenabu1

Perhaps I should explain my self a bit more on my decision to do this.

There are several factors, one is that Kyrss had an over complicated back story with two sets of memories and all. Also within that backstory she had recently got done traveling for over 2000 years, even settled down, had a family etc for quite a while on a world. They are all dead and gone, thus it would not be a big leap for her to want to die, IE hold back in a fight to experience pain and death since she has not had a sense of touch etc for quite some time.

Another reason in which I wanted to kill off Kyrss so to speak is that I am having a hard time RPing right now. This is a two prong thing, both which come from my Real Life living condition. One is that I have memory problems, as in sometimes I log on and I see people in league chat, that I know I should know but have no idea who they are, I have done this opening with Plastic on an alt and with Magician/Sidekick several times. I also forget who the boss is due to her number of toons. Thus it is hard for me to keep straight, whos who and who is doing what when I RP with a ton of people. I can't even remember what I had eaten for dinner of if I have eaten dinner most of the time. If it wasn't for sticking to a strict routine/notes/help from my wife and in home aid I wouldn't remember to do things like take my pills.

Anyways the other reason which stems from my health is that I play the game as a stress reliever. Recent events in the league, out of the league, with people individually, in tells, out of tells, added drama to my life, drama that to me is unnecessary as it is just a game which is suppose to be fun. I have enough drama and problems in my real life, if I listed all I am sure you would all be depressed, and I don't want that so I won't. Anyways long story short, it has been a real rough week for me in RL and seeing league members bicker back and forth in league chat was sort of the straw that broke my back so to speak the other night. Many of you saw me just leave because I couldn't deal with it. Please note I am not saying conflicts shouldn't arise, they should. As a league we are like a family so we will disagree but in the end we all love each other and move on with our lives. Also it was not just the issue in league chat the other night which has pulled me a way from RP for a while, but it did contribute and got me thinking about RP and the nature of it in MMOs.

Anyways those of you involved in the league chat the other night don't blame your self for me wanting to take a break, trust me it isn't you, it really is me and my own personal issues that I need to resolve in real life.

When and if I do return to RP as Kyrss or as anyone else, I am going to do so only within the league. This is because it will be easier for me to keep people's stories straight and to add some moderation to the RP.

The conclusion I came to the other night while really thinking of the nature of RP in a MMO, it is almost really impossible to do so without it eventually falling a part. This is because unlike pen and paper games, in which there is a DM, or GM, to moderate things, to say what is okay and what isn't, to say this is the state of the world and this isn't. We are just thrown into a setting with a brief backstory and told play our game and have fun. Even though DC has a ton of lore, we have not been told which lore is in continuity and what isn't. This can be seen by how some people RP Batman's attitude, some RP him as he was in the cartoon, some RP him as Frank Miller's horrible G0D D@MN BATMAN! etc etc. I tend to RP him as he was right before the new 52 relaunch, a mix of the silver and modern age attitude. Such as taking in Kyrss due to her being really just a 11 year old orphan etc, becoming a father figure etc etc. ANYWAYS also things such as the nature of Brainiac gets confused even though the devs had said this is closer to the Brianiac which appears in the comics (coluan) not a robot from Krypton, some people RP him as the Kyrptonian Robot. ANyways I am not saying people are right or wrong in how they RP NPCS, or how they do their own back stories. I am just saying that with so many people RPing stories will come into conflict with one another, sometimes more directly than others. This can really be seen by Jonny English (I am not picking on him at all) saying all of England has been destroyed and digitized by Brainiac, mean while there was a person in the park who RPed all the time as just being a hero from London, who lived out a normal life, had a pet dog, apartment, boy friend, and a real life in London. Also last night Snowy, the means of which I killed off Kyrss, was RPing that the JLA was anti-cloning and getting Kyrss a new body, even though in our own RP we had them be okay with it because in some ways they saw it similar to when they would get Red Tornado a new body, but instead of it being a robot body it is a genetic modified body. Anyways I am also not a fan of people telling other people how to and how not to RP a character, but that is just me, I was going to RP a toon as a manhunter via the manhunter skin but that was shot down by the community and that character (no one knew it was me) was avoided etc.

Anyways stories conflict for better or worse in MMO roleplaying. To prevent this if I do RP it will most likely only be in league or a close knit group of people. I am not saying RP is bad, or some people do it right or wrong, my point is the opposite, there is really no one and no way to do that when there isn't a GM or a DM to do so. Anyways I may make an we character, or RP Kyrss as a new toon at a later date. I am leaning toward the Kyrss thing, due to all the styles, gear, and access to all travel powers that she has.

Supergirly: keep RPing, you have brought life to the game and really brought RP back into the mainstreme since the sony fiasco hack. We need RPers like you to keep it alive. Don't worry about my moodyness, and do not let me influence you or make you want to delete your character. As I was saying it isn't you, your friends, the people you RP with, their stories, or anything which is making me want to not RP, it is me, my real life issues, my social anxiety issues, and other factors which don't even involve you or your RP friends. I am sorry if I made it seem it was your fault or your friend's fault it isn't. It is my fault and my issue to deal with. I also don't think you are destroying the Justice Girls, in a lot of ways you have made us RP more once again. It is quite fantastic the life you have brought into the game and what not. Keep RPing your character the way you want to RP her. RP the stories you want to RP and who you want to RP with. Just have fun that is what is important.

Dustin

Kyrss Moonsong
Psylinke
New Girl

I'm sorry to see that your re-invention is partially related to some negative factors in the game. But then again, I understand how those negative factors can't be dismissed. People suck sometimes, even more so in an MMO when they use anonymity as a shield for bad behavior.

A point about league chat, and my view on it... One of the things I like about being in Justice Girls is that we have a very decent internal community, despite a lot of different interests in what we want to get out of the game... some of us are pvpers, some of us are raiders, some of us RPers, some are alt-a-holics... there's always time for all of these things. We have a very loose membership requirement, that has worked for the most part, which is why Justice Girls has such a good rep... and I think we all want to keep it that way. So, if it was just a disagreement that you saw in league chat, it happens... but it seems that it was something irritating enough to make you disconnect out of frustration. Whatever it was, if someone was being insufferable in league chat, please share it with your fellow officers (I'm assuming that it wasn't our officers bickering, because I've never seen that). It's unpleasant to remove a member from the league... but if they're causing grief, it has to be done.

What I do hope, Kyrss, is that you don't disappear altogether. You were one of the first members that I had great chemistry with in the game, whether we were running HAs, feats, duos, raiding, or RPing (well, me standing around with a dumb look on my face, while you all RPed envy ). The point is, I enjoy your company, as do a lot of folks in the league, and none of us want to see you go completely (I think I can speak for a lot of us on that).

Lastly, I also understand the RL issues you have. So, backing away from the game may be unavoidable... but you'll always be wanted here.
White Paw

Good things I’ve experienced through RP’ing in super-hero MMO’s (City of Heros, Champions Online, DCUO) over the years inlcude:

-My buddy Mike, prison guard in Florida by day, moonlights as a sniper in the reserves by night. No freaking way I’d ever have met this dear teddybear without MMO’s. We gathered around and prayed him through two tours of Afghanikrack, 6 months at a time. I personally talked his girlfriend into being his fiance online one night, and he was there with wisdom and an ear for me when the downstairs neighbors went all domestic violence for a year. Best friend in a long long time.

-My dear friend Linda. We were all able to be there through her divorce, and carried her to a new confident life on her own. She’s got a heart of gold and I’m glad to have met her.

-My dear friend Terry, social worker whom I helped make career and personal changes to a much happier, effective place.

-Y’all. Frankly I love the high quotient of gimps and fellow sufferers I find in Justice Girls. I’m one too, it just doesn’t show. There’s a “fellowship of the suffering” normal healthy people will just never understand.

Bad things I’ve experienced in MMO's and survived include:

-Calling child protection services on a couple I came to learn had 2 kids, both parents addicted to MMO’s and various non-perscription drugs for no legitimate medical reason.

-Another woman going through a divorce we were coming along side of, actually crossed state lines to meet me one weekend. She had other ideas what “meet” meant (literally tried to go down on me in a theatre one awful night), nearly wrecked my marriage too.

-The endless river of twits, brats, perverts, and just plain foul-mouthed inconsiderate players you meet along the way. Trust me: that will get 10x worse when F2P opens up.

Through it all I’ve learned a few things about people, and myself. I’ve a lot more grace towards others now and I’ve learned I’m one tough SOB when it comes to drama. There’s just about nothing I can’t take standing up.

Jan-El isn’t entirely an act. We would both tell the lot of you that when it comes to drama y’all need to rev up on grace, toughen your skins, and dig in. Y’all have no idea the fun to be had if you walk away the first time someone gets slapped. People are worth sticking around for, worth stepping over a few sins for, warts n' all. Else why are you here when there’s so many decent solo games?

I hear much adeau about nothing. In the end nobody’s getting shot at in real life, I haven’t heard of any irl divorces happening over game drama, nobody’s being beaten by their loved ones, and there’s no children being criminally neglected...that I’m aware of. So get over the in-game stuff!

As far as I’ve experienced: in-game drama don’t actually hurt real people. I’ve seen real drama that hurts real people in these games and what I’ve seen in Justice Girls ain’t nothin’ to do with that. So get over it and get on with it.

There’s real friendships, real fellowships, and real heartfelt moments in it for those willing to stay the course. It wouldn’t do at all if I tanked my way through all that only to look up and be the only one.

Just thought I’d throw in my 2-cents worth of reality check, and a bit of needed perspective.

'tough'nough love?
White Paw

And seriously, Kyrss? Come back as PowerGirl.

The's the comic industry's poster girl for "boatload of awesome nobody knows how to steer". She's been abused by every author who ever wrote her. Depowered at least twice, recostumed, repurposed, butt of so many boob jokes, yet we all still love her to death for reasons nobody's willing to admit (all the wrong ones :P ) and she's still the flagship superheroine, even more popular among us fanboy artists than Wonder Woman (again for all the...you get the idea :P)

Or Rogue. Sampled everbody's powers, picks a new one every 6 issues. Kicks assets as whomever she pleases. Skitzophrenia's the foundation of her personality and we love her for the possibilities.

Or Phoenix. Just can't burn a good girl down.

Or make up your own #### heroine. THAT'd be refreshing. Me, I'm obviously a HUGE Kryptonophile. But come up with your own favorite heroine you'd love to run around as. Be THAT. Be something you can put your heart behind and we'll all love ya for it.

Well, we'll love ya anyway, but go easy on yourself, and us K? If you're not having fun with it, then we're probably not havin' fun with you neither.
fatenabu1

I'm still around, talked to a GM about some things, he gave me a rename token but only people in league can know this, or he and I will both get in trouble due to once game goes F2P rename tokens will be on Marketplace. Also game a sheet of naming rules etc that from my understanding are slowly going to be better reinforced. Anyways yea I am still around, character rename though and Psylinke.. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Anyways, Kyrss has new name, new story, new life, new character pretty much in terms of RP, new look, and even a new load out

Dustin
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: