Who's Online
DCUO Announcements

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - SunGoddess
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pyrgomache

re: Echoes

Quote:
My first attempt at. well. writing, so please forgive me if it's a bit bad, and feel free to tell me where I can improve.

The moon shone gently over the waters of Lake Como; the beams of light twinkled and danced along the surface of the water, blessing all who had a mind to sit and watch it with a light show unlike many others. She said unlike many others, because the reason she loved Lake Como, was because it reminded her so much of Lake Aglaia, the largest fresh water mass on the southern peninsula of Themyscira. Her mind wandered back to early childhood nights where she would train and spar with her friends and sisters, dreaming that one day she would be amongst the honoured that would fight amongst the greatest warriors the Amazons had ever known - perhaps even, along side Diana, proudly bearing the reputation and the honour of an Amazon Warrior within their hearts. She had dreamed, all of her life for that moment to come...And then it was robbed. First came what is referred to, she had learned from the watchtower archives, The Zero Hour event. In a moment borne of pure grief and absolute loss, the Green Lantern known as Hal Jordan resolved to undo the terrible things that had happened to his world by unwinding time, and remaking things anew - in his image. It was unthought of that a Green Lantern could wield that much power at that time, but if there was one thing she had learned from her mentors on both Themyscira and Oa, is that Will, like Love knows no limit, no upper boundary.

This was proven in the final hours of the Final Night cataclysm, when the same person to have caused all of this grief and sorrow - Hal Jordan gave up his life and will to reignite the sun, and save the life of so many people; he had indeed, saved so many...But not in time for all worlds to be salvaged. On earth - 364, the red Lanterns came; in immeasurable numbers, they slaughtered their way through millions of lives in retribution for the loss caused by Hal Jordan, for hatred is blind and undirected; they tore asunder the Earth's mightiest heroes like they were nothing more than ragdolls - Pyrgomache herself held in her mind the memory of a broken and mortally wounded Diana, her body draped over that of her mother in a desperate attempt to protect her from harm. She closed her eyes, content to drift off into the ether, ready to be collected by Hades and transported to be with her sisters...

..And instead woke up amidst the buzz of technology. As her eyes opened and shut, she saw glimpses of Diana smiling at her and stroking her hair as the voices of others rushed around demanding blood - all the while, pyrgomache strained to move, only to be restrained by the hand of a ghost she had sworn she saw dead.

Days later, when she came around, the same soft, compassionate face of the woman she had spent years dreaming of being able to see came into focus; the feeling of horror and confusion washed over her, and then she spoke: "Do you know where you are?" she asked gently. Pyrgomache shook off the sleep in her mind, at which point diana repeated: "Xérete poú eíste?".

"I speak english" she responded groggily. "But...I imagined the afterlife to be much different." Diana smiled and explained that she had been discovered on the steps of the palace, bleeding and battered - it was almost as if she had appeared from nowhere...In fact, Diana was fairly sure she had, as she had looked for Pyrgomache on the southern peninsula, and found her laughing and sparring, preparing for the trials that would finally see her be recognised as a warrior in the eyes of all themyscirans; "But you" Diana spoke softly "You look like you have been battle hardened for years"

With this, Pyrgomache began to tell the tale of what she assumed was a dream, only to be told that all of it, every terrible memory was real. The dawning of the realisation that everyone she knew, her home and loved ones were gone - lost to the sands of time, and that she was one of a handful survivors. Was that luck or a curse?

Over the weeks and years as her strength returned, Pyrgomache became restless, seeking the chance to test herself in battle. Her fellow Amazons insisted that it would come in time, and then a new crisis befell the earth; a construct called Brainiac had come to claim the earth as a prize, and she was determined that she would be there at the front, fighting with her new battle sisters to push back this new villain. She rain as fast as she could from one end of her home to the colloseum, where, just as she was about to enter, was greeted with the most curious of sights.

"I am Lantern Boudica" she proclaimed proudly. "And you have shown great resilience and willpower" at which point, she extended her hand to reveal a small green ring. "Wear this, and come with me" she said patiently. Without a second thought, she placed the ring on her right hand, at which point a disembodied voice echoed in her mind: "Green Lantern reserve Pyrgomache - welcome to the Green Lantern corps. Your training begins on Oa, and you are required to travel now"

This fit. And without a second thought, she flew with her new mentor to find her place in the universe.
Plastic DCUO
Star

I like the story. I'd like to know more on how she jumped worlds, but I assume that all will be revealed eventually.

((You also misspelled "ran." You wrote "rain."))
Raarsi
Star

Yea, that's pretty good stuff, keep it up...okay, it MIGHT'VE been because I have a thing for greek speakers, but still a good story nonetheless.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: