Who's Online
NEW @ DCUO Forums

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladytrident
Diva

re: <P> Lady Trident Issue 3: Fireside Chat

Lady Trident Issue: Fireside Chat

The world appeared to turn the wrong way as she gazed at it from orbit aboard the Justice League’s Watchtower, Cori had pointed it out but one of the Watchtower’s crew had simply replied that was a trick of the eyes when viewed from orbit this far out.
A week ago, Cori wouldn’t have dreamt of that sentence passing through her mind.
- Eight Days since the Brainiac Invasion
Cori sighed heavily as she gazed out the heavy armorplast viewports. She could see suited WayneTech workers, Green Lanterns, and what she swore were Superman robots flying around outside. The Green Lantern John Stewart was directing work from the control center they called the Monitor Womb. The massive refit of the Justice League’s satellite headquarters was going quickly. She heard the soft boot foot falls of Wonder Woman approaching as she saw the Princess’ reflection in the window.
- Twenty-Four Hours Earlier
The pair of raven haired beauties looked across the the bar’s secluded booth. The first woman, Diana, Wonder Woman, with a World War II era brown leather bomber jacket, red strapless top, and star shaped earrings. All of the armor having been removed left a stunningly beautiful woman with just a little longer than shoulder length hair with a gold and jade necklace accentuating her ‘goddess’ cleavage. The other woman, Zatanna Zatara, with her coal black eyes and teasing smile wore a flashy bolero jacket and gypsy blouse. Cori swore the embroidery on the jacket was changing and subtly shifting from one pattern to another. Cori sat opposite them wearing a silk blouse, Jim’s bomber jacket, and new jeans. Her black leather slip on’ed feet crossed under the table. She felt underdressed when she compared herself to these two. She blew out a frustrated breath and tried to collect her thoughts. “I’m a what?”
“You’re a demigoddess.” Zatanna may as well have said, ‘Abra Kadabra’ with the voice she used to deliver those words.
Diana tried a more peaceful approach, “There are many gods, they might have smiled on you.”
“They turned me into an ice queen,” grumped Cori.
“With a fiery temper,” quipped Zatanna as she finished her drink.
Diana rolled her eyes, “Hera, help me.”
- Now
She looked at the reflection of Wonder Woman coming up behind her. Wonder Woman, though she had asked to be called Diana, had been reaching out to her for the past day. In spite of being honored, Cori was still trying to come to grips with her powers. This new information was almost too much.
A Demigoddess.
“I’m not sure I can do this, Diana.”
“Those who are called to duty, often-“
Cori looked over her shoulder with a look that simply said ‘Really?’
Diana stopped her monologue and joined her next to the viewport. “Then you have some thinking to do.”
The wind whipped her ponytail around like a windsock. Cori was flying home from the Midtown Police Station, but her mind was still on the conversation in orbit.
She did have a lot of thinking to do.
Her home was still trashed from the super powered fish incident, her home insurance hadn’t covered the damage – so she had adjusted the coverage for the future.
It was a brave new world, after all.
She stopped and landed on the street, people looked surprised, but were becoming used to random people flying around the city. She reached for her phone in her jeans pocket. “Call Andrea,” she instructed it and waited for the inevitable, “Cori, are you ok?” Good old Andi…
“I’m fine, Andi. It’s just hectic,” she answered her one time nanny patiently, “Can you have the house on Delphos opened? I need to come home.”
“God, yes! Of course, I can be there to meet you. It’ll be great-“
“Andi, I need a couple of days alone.” She could hear her about to start to debate, “Andi, just a few days.”
Andi sighed heavily over the tiny speaker with resignation, “Two days, and then I’ll be out there.”
Cori acknowledged the decision of the woman that had cared for her since she was seven. Andrea had done the best she could with a little girl whose mother had suddenly vanished and a father who seemed as ever changing as the sea. Andi had helped her though the rest of her childhood, the difficult teen years, the inevitable leaving the island paradise for the big blue world beyond. When Cori had needed help, she called Andrea first.
Her father had navigated his stormy period and come out of it stronger. He had nursemaided the young adult woman through the caretaking of archeology and the labyrinth of International Finance, but it had been Andrea who had been there for her almost her whole life.
“I just need to come home, Andi.”
Air Greece Flight 815 touched down at Mykonos National Airport, the puddle jumper had hopped her over from Athens International, and an hour later, Cori was hip deep in her past.
While her toddler years had been spent on an island with a population of ten, her parents had routinely took a feery to Mykonos. She could still remember the views of their family excursions: The white buildings crawling up the hills and mountains of Mykonos, the Parthenon scattered over the hills, and the cliffs of Santorini. She could still remember gazing at the ruins of the temples to the long forgotten Olympian Gods scattered across the hills, with her father whispering in her ear, ‘This is your heritage, Coryphaena.’ Suddenly, it clicked. “Dammit,” she cursed softly to herself.
She collected a few days of provisions and made her way to the ferry. Cori absorbed the sea air, the clean sunlight, the power of the waves, and the wind blowing through her hair. She knew that under this very area were some ancient ruins, she had done on them with her father to get her Scuba certification. She missed those days.
The walk from the ferry dock to her family’s home was a short one and after opening the shutters, sweeping off the expansive patios, and stocking the kitchen, she allowed herself to relax a bit. She leaned against a centuries old wall on the patio watching the sun set over the crystal sapphire waters of the South Aegean.
The fire crackled, Its light a bright beacon in the eldritch dark of the night. Cori sat curled up in a blanket, watching the fire burn, light dancing in her eyes.
The faint whisper of the crashing waves washing up again and again, on the edge of her senses, she heard the splash and crunch of bare feet on wet sand. Turning in the direction of the sound, a figure materialized into being, she threw off her blanket and catapulted into his waiting arms. “Papa.”
Up at the house, Trikonis Delphinidae, her father, accepted the cold beer from his daughter. He noticed that the bottle was near freezing. He chuckled, she had always had his temper. He turned and looked across the calm sea reflecting Artremis’ moon, rippling like a silver disk in the water. Finally he said, “Ask.”
Coryphaena had always been smart, but in something like this- could ask a hundred questions and not get anywhere. She kept it simple.
“So, I’m a demigoddess.”
“You are my daughter.” His answer was direct, yet full of hints and promise.
“So, Mom is…?”
“Your mother is no longer with us.”
So, you’re a God?”
“Yes, I am Poseidon.”
That took her aback, “Wow, so Zeus, Hera, Hades…”
He nodded as she joined him on the wall, looking out, “I just spoke with Zeus this morning.” Cori giggled at him as if he were making a joke, though he knew her well enough to know she was cataloging all of this as if it were an archeological dig.
“Mount Olympus?”
“Very real, would you like to see it?” He smiled at her under his white beard, as if he were suggesting an adventure to the mainland. His eyes glittered with mischief. Being her father had always brought out the best in him.
“Yes, but let’s take this slow, besides I don’t have anything to wear for something that formal.”
Trikonis smiled again as he stroked his white beard.
“So, my powers come from you?”
“No, “ he shook his head, “You are the Goddess of the Winter Wind. It was granted upon you when you were very young. Zeus delayed their awakening until you were older.”
“Well, that explains the ice and snow…”
“You were granted these powers for your destiny.”
That got her attention, “Do I want to know?”
“Knowing you as I do, I’m sure not, but your story is still being told. You will wear the Blessings.” Cori nodded for him to continue, “The Blessings are artifacts that bear an aspect of the Olympians they are named for. Your powers will increase as you find them. The Wisdom of Athena, The Wrath of Ares, names like that.”
She contemplated the power scale and commented, “So, nothing low end.”
“Far from it,” he was glad she was taking this seriously, she needed to.
“What is the first one?”
“The Trident of Poseidon.”
“You lost your trident?”
He shrugged, “Your brother, Triton, gave it to the Royal Family of Atlantis five hundred years ago. You will need to retrieve it.”
“Nothing like the easy job first…”

Last edited by ladytrident on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
SisterRoseMarie
Sister Rose

re: Sweet

Finally! I've been waiting for you to post part 3. Very well done Lady T. Happy So when is part 4 coming out?
Super Power
Commander

Great Work Lady T. Very Very very well done
ladytrident
Diva

I have written issues 4 and 5 already, just have to type them in. Once it is all in, all reedit and format them in a full "published" format. Think of it as a graphic novel Happy
The idea for me was to add screen shots for cover art and then stitch it together in a completed "editing" draft. What I think Ill do is upload it to a file sharing site and leave the link. While I know downloads will be limited, I'm doing the work already for a real life print out for me, I might as well upload it and make it available.
If you have tablet or DOCX readers on your phones, it will be readily available.
Thanks again for the kind comments about my work so far.
Cara Lace
Cara Lace
Diva

re: Grats

You write very will Trident, I enjoy reading your stories. :-)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: