ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beta Babe
Star

re: Beta's Green Lantern Adventure - CH 1

Fallen Angel

Location: Sector 2816, Paradise City, Planet Swora, The Grand Palace

Situation:

Lantern Jordan has been dispatched to investigate the disappearance of Quargon Brax, Lantern for Sector 2816 who was last seen on Swora.

His secondary mission is to attempt to initiate peace talks between the Menoans and the Sworans (Quargon’s original mission) with the assistance of Lantern Tsalu Amari of Sector 2817.

Swora Prime Minister:
“I am sorry Lantern Jordan – that is all I know”

Hal Jordan:
“The facts don’t add up Prime Minister. A Lantern would not arrive, ask a few questions and then leave.”

Prime Minister:
“I believe he was very disturbed to learn of the treachery of our enemy. He planned to confront the Menoans with the truth.”

Hal Jordan:
“But he never arrived there.”

Prime Minister:
“So they say. The people of Menos are known as masters of trade and diplomacy. They have mastered “ALL” aspects of diplomacy – especially deceit.”

Palace Guard:
“Prime Minister! Fire from the sky – we are under attack!”

Hal, the Prime Minister, and the Palace Court rush to the windows and look out on this new threat. High in the sky moving fast and at a great distance is a huge ball of fire heading for the planet’s surface.

Prime Minister:
(The Prime Minister turns to Jordan – throws his hand up at the ball in the sky and says)

“See! More Menoan Treachery!

(The Minister now turns to his palace guardsmen and issues an order)

“Tell General Da Gou to assemble his forces and meet this threat head on!”

Palace Guardsmen: “Yes Prime Minister!” The soldiers salute then rush out of the great hall to comply with their order.

Hal Jordan:
“Well, this could just be an Asteroid or an Attack – but either way (Jordan looks at the Prime Minister and Smiles) I’ll Help.” (And before the Prime Minister can reply) Jordan fly’s out the window leaving an emerald trail then bursts into supersonic flight.

Hal Jordan:
(Thinking to himself) I have got to get there ahead of the Sworans – they are likely to shoot first and asks questions later.

The Sworans are known as Masters of War and very untrusting of those not under their protection.

Hal becomes an Emerald streak moving across the night sky. In the distance the fireball impacts the surface creating an intense explosion. Hal hears the civil defense sirens and sees search lights activate and scan the skies.

Hal Jordan:
(Thinking to Himself) Great….the whole planet is on alert! Planetary Security Forces will be here in no time.

As Hal approaches his ring detects high levels of heat and radiation. Hal increases his rings protection to compensate for the danger as he arrives at the rim of the impact crater.

Hal’s ring calculates the crater to be 1.2 km in diameter and 200 meters deep. Smoke, fire, and swirling columns of billowing dirt prevent him from seeing what is at its center. A wind has kicked up making it almost impossible to see anything. Hal proceeds with caution and uses his ring to lock on to the source of energy at ground zero.

Hal Jordan:

Where is it? (Hal thinks to himself) Was this plasma or a missile? I don’t see any debris or even traces of an asteroid. This does not add up.

Hal uses his ring to make a large fan to blow away the swirling clouds obstructing his view – and is shocked by what he sees.

Before him lies a beautiful naked woman not more than 10 feet away. She is unconscious but appears unharmed except for a few bruises and scrapes and being very dirty from the impact.

Hal rushes to her side and listens for breathing. Using his ring, Jordan forms a stethoscope and a blood pressure cuff to monitor her vital signs.

She’s alive! Her breathing is slow but her heart and vitals are strong.

(Thinking to himself) She was the asteroid – and the source of the radiation – she has to be a super. But who is she? Where does she come from and why is she here?

Security Forces Commander: “This way men. Wait till the perimeter is complete before you advance.

Hal Jordan:

(Thinking to himself) Time is running out – I have to act.

Jordan knows that the Sworans will take this alien into custody and throw away the key – calling her a spy or a military weapon.

But Hal needs to discover the truth. Is she linked with the disappearance of Lantern Brax? Does she know what happened?

Hal uses his ring to form a Green Lantern suit to cover the naked women. He then picks her up and reverses the flow of his construct fan – concealing ground zero once again from all view.

Security Forces Commander: (On Comm Link) “All units advance with caution. Fire if fired upon.”

Suddenly an emerald sphere bursts out of the smoky haze shooting straight up to the sky. Inside are Jordan and the female. Jordan guides the sphere back down to the Security Forces Commander.

Hal Jordan:

“I have a Lantern in need of medical attention – as you can see – she has been through a lot.”

Security Forces Commander:

“This is most irregular Lantern Jordan.”

Hal Jordan:

“I know – I find it surprising as well.”

“What is this Lantern doing on Swora?”

Hal Jordan:

Well…Uh

“Did she cause this impact crater?”

Hal Jordan:

“Now about that…”

“Is there a craft inside the crater?”

Hal Jordan:

“Not that I…”

“Or perhaps a weapon?” The Commander’s eyes look harshly at Jordan peering for the truth.

Hal Jordan:

Jordan smiles back at the commander.

“No. Not a weapon. We both have plenty of questions Commander – but neither one of us are going to get answers to them while this Lantern needs medical attention.”

The commander looks at the mysterious unconscious female Jordan is holding. Clearly she appears human. The commander looks back at Jordan.

“Very well – I will notify the palace of your request.”

The commander stands his men down and signals them to allow Jordan through.

Hal Jordan:

“Thank you commander. The Corps appreciates the aid and assistance of the Sworan people.”

3 Days Later at the Palace…

Hal Jordan:

“You can’t tell me anything more doctor?”

Dr. Jinda

“I am sorry Lantern Jordan – but no. Physically your female seems fine and has made a full recovery.”

Hal Jordan:

“But she is still unconscious.”

Dr. Jinda

“She seems to have suffered from a traumatic and unique experience. Her physiology is amazing and unique – but I get the sense from her tests it was not always this way.

My theory is her brain is reprogramming itself to compensate for the changes and relieving the body of the stress it has gone through.”

Hal Jordan:
“For how long?”

Dr. Jinda

“Your guess is as good as mine. There is no way to know for sure. But what I do know is her brain activity right now is off the chart.”

(In the adjoining room)

Our mysterious female lies dreaming in bed. She has a visitor – an assassin stealthily climbing in the rafters above her.

Now in position, the assassin lowers slowly a fine nearly invisible thread until it hovers mere inches above her mouth.

Her dreams intensify. She is reliving something dangerous, something awful, and her body begins to sweat. In moments her sheets are drenched and she is tossing and turning.

The assassin waits patiently for his moment. The quite after the storm. She settles down and quickly the assassin allows his poison to flow down the thread. One drop swallowed is death without cure.

Her dreams haunt her again. Just as the drop of death falls from the thread she turns her face and it hits her cheek.

IMPACT

She awakens and jumps out of bed. Scared, she scans the room instinctively searching for any danger.

All seems clear until a sound from above draws her attention. Peering into the rafters she slowly makes out the form of the assassin.

Quickly she grabs the glass of water at her bedside and throws it at the assassins head. It shatters and he lands with a…

CRASH!

The assassin roles away then strikes without warning. A storm of whirling blades laden with poison zing past her as our fallen angel dances to avoid them.

Quickly she counters with lightning speed hand to hand precision.

SWACK! (a foot to the head)
THUMP (a kick to the groin)
WHOOP (a knee to the chest) then…

Backfist, Right Cross, Upper Cut, and…

SLAM!

The assassin is out cold as Jordan and the Doctor burst into the room. Our fallen angel still in combat stance.

Hal Jordon:

“You ok?”

Fallen Angel:

“That depends…who are you? What am I doing here and why is someone trying to kill me?”

The Doctor throws Jordan a concerned glance.

Dr. Jinda:
“I thought she was with you?”

Hal Jordan:
“She is doctor – but I think we need a few moments to sort things out.” Hal turns to her and asks:

“Do you remember your name?”

Fallen Angel:
“My name is Olara, Olara Varu.”

Hal turns to Olara (his back to the doctor) and mouths – please play along – I want to help you. Then gives her a signature Hal Jordan wink.

Olara tactically uses the fact that Hal is blocking the doctor’s view of her face and smiles and nods. Then playfully winks back.

Suddenly, the palace guards burst into the room. Immediately they secure the assassin then remove his hood.

He is Sworan! How can this be? A traitor in their midst? The guards, Jordan, and the Doctor all exchange surprised looks.
Jordan searches the assassin and finds a unique necklace – one he recognizes.

Hal holds up the necklace to the doctor, the guards, and then Olara.

Hal Jordan:
“Tell the Prime Minister I have found what I needed.
Lantern Varu and I are leaving immediately for the planet Menos!”

The Adventure continues in Chapter 2 - Murder on Menos!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: