Who's Online
NEW @ DCUO Forums

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beta Babe
Star

re: Beta's Green Lantern Adventure - CH 3

The Treachery is revealed below...it is time for..

Betrayal

Situation: Hal Jordan and Olara Varu have discovered the dead body of lantern Tsalu Amari. Their investigation was interrupted by an assault from the Menoan Army. Now, both seek answers to the disappearance of lantern Quargon Brax.

Hal:

“We have to make our way to the temple of Ongri and get some answers.”

Olara:

“Hal, why did the Menoans attack us? Those weren’t Sworans, mercenaries, or assassins – they were a professional army.”

Hal:

“I know, and that has me worried. This is much bigger than I thought and it stinks of corruption.”

Olara:

“Corruption? But who….and for what?

Hal:

“That is what we are going to find out. Are you finished?”

Olara:

“Yes Hal I am ready.” Olara has secured the body of lantern Tsalu Amari, cleaned her as best she could, and wrapped her in clothes she found on the battlefield.

Olara then uses her ring to encase Tsalu in a protective cocoon and flies up to meet Hal already in flight towards Ongri.

Hours Pass…and then

Hal:

“There it is!” Hal points down to an enormous temple complex stretching for miles in every direction.

Olara: “Hal its massive!” (Olara looks on in astonishment)

Hal:

“Yup! I forgot just how big this place was. It has been here for centuries and to my understanding and they never stop building.”

Olara: “Where do we start – who do we talk to?”

Hal:

“There!” Hal points to a largest Ziggurat in the very center of the temple grounds. “We will start in the middle and work our way out until we find someone who can help.”

Gently Hal and Olara touch down and are immediately greeted by a company of priests who seem astonished by their ability to fly.

Elder Priest: “Greetings Airwalkers!

Hal:

“Greetings!” (Hal smiles warmly) “We are Jordon and Varu of the Green Lantern Core.”

Hal and Olara bow to show respect. The priests smile back and bow in return.

Elder Priest:

“I see you have a fallen one of your own. Do you seek the rights of final passage for her?”

Hal:

“Thank you for your offer – we plan to take her to OA to be honored and remembered there. But we do need your help. Do you recognize this necklace?”

Hal gives the necklace to the Elder Priest who takes it, holds it up to the sun, then lowers it to inspect the inscriptions on the back.

Elder Priest:

“Yes I do. This is an Ongri necklace made only here belonging to a Navacon Priest (one who is new to the order). Where did you get this?”

Olara:

“From the neck of an Sworan assassin who tried to kill me.”

The priests are stunned by Olara’s statement. Their faces show surprise, concern, and amazement.
Immediately they begin talking amongst themselves. The Elder looks back at them and then slowly turns to Hal and Olara once again.

Elder Preist:

“This must have been stolen. While we do admit almost all races to the priesthood we do not tolerate violence of any kind.”

Hal:

“That is my understanding also…but still…Ongri and the priesthood is huge. It might be possible that you may have some assassins hiding amongst you. When you think about it this is the perfect hiding place.”

Elder Priest:

“Unlikely and unthinkable. I will inform our high council of your accusation. We will get to the bottom of this.”

Hal:

“It is a concern not an accusation. We are also looking for a missing friend…a lantern…Quargon Brax.”

Elder Priest:

“Another Airwalker? I heard that an injured one came to us recently but I do not know where in Ongri he is. Follow me. We shall find your friend and inform the order of your concerns.”

The Elder and his priests begin the ascent up to the top of the Ziggeraut with Hal and Olara in toe.

Inside a Ziggeraut several Miles Away…

Mysterious Man: (His voice is cool, calm, and menacing)

“I am looking at them right now general. Your subordinate failed to scare them off, capture or kill them.”

Menoan General:

“I don’t understand. How did they know to come to Ongri?”

Mysterious Man:

“That no longer matters. You have two days to bring everything you can spare.”

Menoan General: “Two Days!!”

Mysterious Man:

“As soon as the Drums of Ongri sound they will find Quargon Brax in two days. One day to send the message out – one day to get the return answer. We need to be ready by then and end this here, now, or I will end you.”

Booom – Dah – Dah – Dah - Booom….Dah – Dah – Dah - Booom -Booom – Booom – Booom

Booom - Dah – Dah – Dah – Boom

Mysterious Man:

“Hear that General?”

(The Mysterious Man walks outside the Ziggeraut and holds his comm device out so it can receive the now deafening sound of the drums.)

(Now shouting into the device) “48 hours from now!”

Elder Priest:

“Now we wait. As we speak messengers from every Ziggeraut are traveling throughout Ongri looking for your friend. The elder priests are also coming to the Sha Tal (Our Amphitheatre) where we discuss pressing matters like your concern.”

Hal:

“You have our deepest thanks.” (Hal & Olara bow)

Olara:

“How long will this take?”

Two Days Later…

Olara:

(In flight above Ongri) “Why can’t I be with you Hal?”

Hal:

“I need you at the elders meeting while I pick up and confirm they found Quargon.”

Olara:

“Shouldn’t we be together? I am really new at all this and I don’t want to mess anything up.”

Hal:

“After all that you told me about who you are and what happened I have every confidence in you. Also, a lantern needs to learn how to operate alone – this will be good training.”

Olara: “Ok, I’ll try not to let you down.”

Hal:

(Hal stops flying - Olara hovers by him) “You can’t possibly let me down.” (Hal reaches for Olara and pulls her into an affectionate embrace and then kisses her)

Olara:

“HMMMM...Hal…elders? Quargon who?” Olara smiles and giggles - her eyes light with the flame of love.

Hal:

(Hal laughs and smiles warmly back)
“Don’t start. There will be plenty of time for us after we settle all of this.”

Olara: “Promise?”

Hal:

“Promise.” (Hal’s kisses her one final time and then looks into Olara’s eyes lovingly)

In a flash Hal’s expression changes to a signature Hal Jordan smile.

Hal: “Well…gotta go!”

Without warning Hal bursts into an emerald streak heading for his destination.

Olara: (As Olara watches Hal fly away)

“Hal Jordan…what will I do with you?”

(Then thinking to herself) “Nevermind…I know the answer”

Olara smiles and then bursts into flight heading for the Sha Tal.

H Hour (Minus) 10 Minutes…

Sworan Admiral:

“Captain begin your descent. Prepare the ship for atmospheric flight.”

Ship’s Captain:

“Aye sir.” (The captain activates his ship’s comm link)

“All crew prepare for Menoan atmosphere - initiate security lockdown – standby for combat orders.”

The profile of the Sworan Battle Cruiser is a terrifying one spanning over 3,400 meters. It is a ship designed for one purpose – total destruction.

H Hour (Minus) 9 Minutes…

Olara arrives at the Sha Tal, sets down gently, and is quietly ushered to a seat in the amphitheater. The speeches have already begun in earnest and the priests are debating passionately.

H Hour (Minus) 8 Minutes…

A full division of the Menoan army lay in wait on the Northern border of Ongri. Their forces coiled to spring into action at their General’s command.

H Hour (Minus) 7 Minutes…

Ziggeraut Priest:

“Welcome Lantern Jordan…Welcome!

We have found your friend but he is hurt…please…come this way…we will bring you to him.”

Hal follows the priest as he leads him deep into the Ziggeraut.

H Hour (Minus) 6 Minutes…

Soon Hal arrives at a special chamber lined floor to ceiling with prismatic crystals, technology devices, and apertures of various designs.

Hal:

“Whooh! I have not seen anything this fancy since I have been to Zameron!”

Ziggeraut Priest:

“This is our healing chamber for extreme cases requiring medical attention. The chamber can heal at the cellular level. Your friend lies resting just ahead in that Stasis Crystal.”

H Hour (Minus) 5 Minutes…

Hal approaches the crystalline stasis tube and looks down on its patient. It is indeed Quargon Brax of the green lantern core.

Quargon opens his eyes to see Hal Jordan staring back with a cheesy grin.

Hal:

“Quargon…good to see you alive buddy…I am here to take you home and find out what’s going on.”

Quargon:

“The core sent you sent you?” (Hal nods)
“Unfortunate…I like you…it is a shame you have to die.”

Ruuuuummmmble Shunk!

The four massive doors to the chamber close and seal tightly trapping Jordan and Brax within.

H Hour (Minus) 4 Minutes…

Weapon checks complete, artillery targets acquired, assault teams deployed, drones hot, mechanized and armored support on the line.

As Menoan snipers survey their initial targets encrypted digital orders are sent to confirm the battle plan. Attack!

H Hour (Minus) 3 Minutes…

The crystalline room floods quickly with poisonous gases. Hal Jordan quickly uses his ring to construct fans to blow it away from him while placing a gas mask over his face.

Muuuhahahaha ha!

The evil maniacal laugh of Quargon resonates throughout the room. His voice has changed – now sounding like the mysterious man who had threatened the Menoan General.

Hal:

“Quargon – why? You have nothing to gain.”

Quargon: “Nothing? I will have everything and this sector will belong to me!”

Hal: “I don’t understand – why are you trying to kill me?”

Quargon:

“Tsalu did not understand – that is why I killed her and framed the Menoans. You were supposed to back off – tell the Sworans all about it - but not you – not Hal Jordan – you just kept digging.”

Hal: “That’s why the Menoans attacked – you made a deal.”

Quargon:

“Bright boy! Too bad you figured it out too late to save you and that new girlfriend of yours.”

Hal: “You leave her out of this!”

Quargon:

(Chuckeling) “Oh – but I can’t – you saw to that – she’s a lantern now – she has to go.”

H Hour (Minus) 2 Minutes…

From the clouds it descends blotting out the sun for the temples, villages, and hamlets below. The people look up in disbelief at the massive Sworan starship which has entered their atmosphere.

It approaches from the south…its destination Ongri.

Ship’s Captain: (Over Ship’s Communication System)

“All Hands Battle Stations”

The ship immediately erupts in a symphony of lights and sounds alerting the crew of imminent combat.

Ship’s Captain: “Helmsman raise shields”

Helmsman: “Aye Sir!”

Ship’s Captain: “Navigation alter course 181 Mark 7”

Navigator: “181 Mark 7 Aye Sir”

Ship’s Captain: “Tactical Target first 3 Ziggerauts”

Tactical Officer:

“Targeting solutions complete. Ships weapons are locked.”

Ship’s Captain: “Stand bye for my order.”

H Hour (Minus) 1 Minute…

WWWWHHAMMMM!
WWWWHHAMMMM!
WWWWHHAMMMM!
WWWWHHAMMMM!

Hal Jordan desperately tries to break out of the sealed crystalline chamber. He forms drills, hammers, rams, catapults, cannons and mini-guns.

But nothing works…the room… seems to absorb the very energy from his ring. The gas intensifies. Hal forms a protective globe around himself and clears it of the gas.

Quargon:

(Laughs evilly and is amused by Jordan’s attempts at escape)

“You can’t escape. This is the end for you.”

Hal:

“You’ll forgive me if I try to live just a little while longer”

WWWWHHAMMMM!
WWWWHHAMMMM!
WWWWHHAMMMM!
WWWWHHAMMMM!

Hal has changed his strategy to trying to attack the crystalline chamber Quargon is resting in – but without result.

Quargon:

“This room…this chamber…either restores or absorbs energy. I am protected from it effects…you…are not.”

“I should thank you Jordan.”

Hal: “Thank me?!?”

Quargon:

“Before your involvement all I had was a corrupt Sworan Prime Minister and an ambitious Menoan General willing to plot and plan to line their pockets and maintain power.

This war was manufactured by me! You see, nothing creates fear more than the uncertainty of your daily survival.”

Hal:

(Hal eyes widen as he sees Quargon transform) “You are playing a game you cannot win Quargon.”

Quargon: “So says the man who is about to die.”

Quargon now is dressed in the uniform of a yellow lantern.

Quargon:

“After I remove you and the female my allies and I will ensure that the massacre at Ongri ignites this war for decades to come.

I will bath this sector in fear and control it with my own lantern force.”

Hal: “The core will find out and stop you!”

Quargon:

“Perhaps…but I think not.” “In any case, you will not live to see it.”

Quargon activates controls from within the chamber. The gas greatly intensifies and a hypersonic hum of surging power fills the room.

Hal feels the power of his ring draining at an alarming rate. He uses all his will to attempt to hold it in place – but soon holes appear in his sphere and his mask melts away.

Hal holds his breath as long as he can – all while trying to reform the sphere with his ring. But his power is gone…the ring is drained…there is nothing to be done.

Hal fights in vain against the gas – choking – then convulsing due to its effect. The room grows cold, dim, then darkness, nothingness, and Hal Jordan falls to the floor…..Dead.

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion...Rebirth

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: