B'Day - wyld Kard
B'Day - Biomis
B'Day - Raarsi
B'Day - Psylinke
B'Day - Navigator333
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Episode 21 Feedback

Forum Image

For those who have played Episode 21, please share your thoughts on:
- the storyline/dialog/voice acting
- artwork/graphics
- mechanics/difficulty
- rewards (gear/base items)

1) The First Piece Duo
Has anyone played this at the CR142 entry point? If so, how is it?

2) Prison Break 8-Man Op

3) Crossplay

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Cara Lace
Cara Lace
Diva

1. I like the story line so far. I think it will be interesting to see it play out and adds to the enjoyment of watching the Legends of Tomorrow show. It would have been nice to have them look like the characters in the show, but i know the logistics of that would prolly be difficult.

2. I love the artwork and graphics of this game as a whole and i think they do a good job with bringing a new feel even to recycled maps of areas.

3. Honestly, I come from WoW so I am no stranger to difficult mechanics and raids (tho sometimes not good at them). In WoW it was normal for it take months to learn and beat a new raid. I found it a little easy with my higher toons, beating both the raid and duo on my first attempt with IB.

4. I have heard others complaining about the loot drops being 'junk' most of the time, but i have had good luck with my toons and I think the loot drops adequate.

I haven't tried the duo or raid with a 142 toon yet, and i am sure it will be more difficult for them, and i have not tried the Elite Version of Prison Break and I am sure that one will be much harder too.

Little Mermaid
Diva

1. The storyline is cool and I am looking forward to what will happen. I watch the show so it's cool that some elements are incorporated in our game. I agree with Cara on how the adds look. They could have at least made new models that resemble the ones in the show or something. The mercenaries look a lot like the League of Assasin soldier adds. It's not a huge deal but better designed adds makes it more fun and fresh. I love that Hawkgirl shines! She deserves it! I love the Atom too! A good story that can bring in underused characters! But one thing bothers me, why didn't Hawkman get a dialogue in the duo? Seems odd.

2. The duo is fun for me. Despite being recycled, it feels new because we haven't been here in awhile! However I still don't like that warehouse. Too cluttered and there's just so much uncessary objects everywhere. Some interesting mechanics too with the adds like the sniper. The last boss feels fresh too with the laser mechanic and the various pets summoned by Abra. But he could use some uniqueness to his powers tbh. Ice Elemmental and Avatar of Skin?

3. The raid is really fun! New elements added! Love the prison thing. I thought that was really fun and new! Suicide Moment there for sure! The raid itself is doable. Even with groups who have some weaker members, I've been able to complete them. I heard that the Elite version is tough so that's good. It caters to those wanting extra challenge.

4. The base items overall are meh. The ceiling turret was the only best one for me. I liked some of the tech stuff too but overall, it's not something overly impressive. Could have given us better base items like more consoles and terminals rather than tiny decals and signs.

5. Loot is same-same as to previous episodes. That stuff doesn't bother me much. I play for fun and my luck isn't that bad. They all come eventually. Love the addition of Hawkman's helmet! But we should have gotten Hawkgirl's too. Putting iconic styles as the the OP gear is seriously wrong. PLEASE BRING this up. The prison styles are nice I guess. Would look good some suicide squad inspired looks.

6. The Atom never shrunk his size?? He could have shown some of his abilities too! And they have other NPC's who have shown the ability to do so like Lying Claw's duplicates or Dr. Psycho! Also, not a big deal but The Atom's shrunk size using Atomic's colour and visuals was quite disappointing! He could have gotten better treatment than that! Again though not a big deal!

I think that's all from me. Thanks again Alyssa!

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Thanks for the feedback! Two interesting points that I also agree on are your views on 1) reused maps and 2) gear drops. If you follow the forums, the majority has the opposite view. I'm not only OK with recycled maps... I actually like them a lot. As a former Arkham Asylum player, I like to use environment layouts in my combat strategy. So I personally like seeing old maps with new enemies because the strategy is not the same. Variations in the order of rooms, placement of adds and whether the adds are the aggressor or the players are make things interesting.

I have no issue with the item levels of the drops because the final builds per cycle always end up being a mix of vendor gear or purple gear. The blues & greens are all junk or temporary anyway. Something I am pushing for however, is the number of drops to promote gear crafting. I think the scrap count count should increase from duo to alert to raid, whether that means more drop points or removing greens from larger content. Right now there's little difference in scrap potential between a duo and a raid.

The OP styles are a concern too. I think the item stats should remain super rare, but not the styles. The rare style reward is a Catch 22 in many cases. The idea is to reward to the hardcore player with something unique, but not vastly advantageous... something for bragging rights. However, hardcore players case less about styles than the casual player. In my opinion, OP items should carry generic styles. If they are to have rare styles, then the style should also be with Vendor-22.

I like seeing new base items even if they aren't that good. I just have a lot of bases, so there's a place for nearly every item. The Nanda Parbat drops were so standout and compatible with many themes that they might overshadow some of the newer and future releases.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: