ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Effects of SP and Modding on DPS: The Data [by Remander]

Remander is a friend and one of the community members that analyzes game stats. He's most known for his Celestial guide. Recently, he analyzed the impact of SP vs Bit mods vs HT mods. All of this is for the state of the game post-GU47 when CR scaling/differential came into effect.

Mathematically, the 77 he used to open up the crit chances had the largest impact. In a real build you would still need more than 77 though... for the movement abilities and weapon mastery. So somewhere from 84-112 would be the mathematical min.

Here's an excerpt of the test with a link to the full thread at the bottom. It's a very worth read...
-----------------------------------------------

So, I've had my feelings about this subject for quite some time now, but I'd never formally tested it. Decided to try that today. A bit about the data you're about to see. This is all single target data obtained on the sparring target in my base on the test server. I chose that, because it simplified the testing, as well as the respeccing. I set my CR at 126, in order to eliminate any CR scaling influence. I ran numerous parses using several different specs.

Bare CR 126:
Full IL 110 gear unmodded with no SP allocated.

CR 126 plus Beta Mods:
This was simulated, actually. Rather than farm bits, I unlocked the affinities with Health and Power VII mods, then specced SP to bring my precision up 222 points without getting any crit bonuses. Closest I could get was 226. In doing that, I also increased my might, but only by 60.

CR 126 plus Full Mods:
Modded with Precision VII in reds, Precision & Power VII in yellows, and Precision & Health VII in blues.

CR 126 plus HT Mods:
Core Strength, Max Damage, Escalating Might, and Blast Adapter were equipped.

CR 126 plus HT Mods and Gear Mod Crits:
In addition to the HT mods, Health and Power mods were used to unlock the crit affinities from the blue and yellow gear slots.

CR 126 plus SP Crits:
With the bare IL 110 gear on, 77 SP were allocated to unlock all the DPS crits.

CR 126 plus 160 SP:
As above, but an additional 83 SP were allocated in a full precision spec.

CR 126 plus HT Mods and SP Crits:
A combination of the HT Mods and SP Crits specs.

CR 126 plus HT and All Crits:
A combination of HT Mods, Gear Mod Crits, and SP Crits specs.

CR 126 plus HT, Crits, and SP:
Same as above, except a full 160 SP were allocated for max precision.

CR 126 plus HT, Crits, and Mods:
Same as CR 126 plus HT and crits, but used VII mods for full precision spec.

Full CR 126:
Used full precision spec for mods and SP, along with HT.

The full thread with charts can be found here...
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/effects-of-sp-and-modding-on-dps-the-data.263856/

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

As a followup to recent SP/CR talk, please tune into this work in progress thread...
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/making-stats-matter-removing-cr-differential.268891/

This should move people away from the 150CR/40SP trend

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Miss Terri
Loyal

Team Goldenblade wrote:
As a followup to recent SP/CR talk, please tune into this work in progress thread...
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/making-stats-matter-removing-cr-differential.268891/

Doesn't this just shift the "requirements" back to "You must have X amount of Resto" or "Must have X amount of Vitalization" before we'll let you join our group?

Miss Terri wrote:
Team Goldenblade wrote:

Doesn't this just shift the "requirements" back to "You must have X amount of Resto" or "Must have X amount of Vitalization" before we'll let you join our group?

Yes... groups will go back to looking at stats. The gear itself will still put you in the qualifying range, but there just won't be and extreme CR bonus/penalty. We're just not going to see several million difference in damage if one player is under NPC CR and one is over. Most importantly a min CR toon has a chance to have an impact with SP and modding. In the current state, any SP above 77 is pennies in damage.

We'll have to see how this plays out, but you can expect T1-T6 to go back to what they were before GU47. It's the newer stuff that needs work because those episodes didn't exist on the old stat system. When GU47 was applied, content across the first 6 tiers were affected erradically. This should get corrected.

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alexis Allura
Diva

Sometimes I wish they would just listen to comments and think over actions before they do them. GU 47 sounded horrible on paper and it was horrible on execution. It was so bad they had to reverse part of the changes almost immediately to make people even consider run lower content. And keep trying to keep tweak it instead of just admitted it was bad to save face. Now it looks like they finally will remove it all.

Miss Terri wrote:
Team Goldenblade wrote:

It doesn't really affect bunnies or nurses as much as tank and dps. Since the cr things mainly is for damage dealt and damage received. Stats still matter for Vit & Resto. Though since DPS will start getting Might and Precision checks they may start the role checks again too.

Jump to: