FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandarve
Star

re: Daughter of Ivy - Prologue

(Before the story starts I would just like to say thank you all for being so patient with me getting my story started.)

Her name was Pamela Isley, but now she is known as Poison Ivy one of the most dangerous foes of the crime fighter known as Batman, and while this is not her story it does start with her. Ivy had always seen the plants of the world as her children, but deep within her was the same desire that most women have the desire to have a child that is their own. For Ivy this was a difficult matter because what man would ever be good enough or even trustworthy enough to be the father of her child. Then it came to her, why should it be a man, what need did she have for mankind when she had all manner of seeds at her disposal, and what better than a child born of plant.

Using her considerable knowledge of botany, along with several scientists she had gathered and enslaved to help her, she was able to devise a way to fertilize one of her own eggs with seed from a highly advanced hybrid plant. This plant would later be revealed to be the Swamp Thing whom Ivy had captured briefly and was able to take genetic samples from. After several failed attempts Ivy was finally rewarded with success and a daughter was born from her experimentations. Due to the nature of her birth Ivy’s daughter was more plant than human, though she still held much of her mother’s DNA in her cells. From this she gains her mother’s immunities to poisons, viruses, bacteria, and fungi. More than that due to her very nature she is highly resistant to mental control and manipulation; this includes even her own mother’s pheromone control.

The initial aging process of this unusual child was more rapid then normal human and plant lifeforms and she was age 5 in only a couple of years’ time. She was very bright and extremely curious about everything around her, always wanting to know things and asking questions of her mother and those around her. It was at this time in her life, while she was following after her mother and learning all she could about the sciences her mother practiced, that the child received her name. She had a favorite toy that she liked to play with, a stuffed panda bear that her mother had found for her. While the child had started to talk at an extremely young age, and was now able to form full sentences, she still struggled to put some thoughts together. These where usually much simpler things with less complexity then those used in the sciences, mathematics, and other advanced ideas she was learning on a daily basis.

The things she struggled with most where having to make choices, she always got everything she wanted, and found it difficult to understand why she had to choose at all. It was one such need to choose that brought about the naming of the child, for her mother had in her position the panda bear toy and was asking her child to make a choice between herself and the toy in an effort to help her to learn. She kept repeating to her daughter the phrase “Panda or Ivy?”, asking her daughter to choose one or the other. It was at these moments that the child’s words seem to escape her and she would struggle to even speak. So when she mimicked her mother’s words they came out all together as if one single word, as the child spoke “panda or ivy” it sounded to her mother like she had said pandarve and from this point forward it became her name.

By age 10 Pandarve was showing her genius level intelligence through her continued studies delving into quantum mechanics, gene splicing, and micro-molecular genetic manipulation. The last being a science of her own creation that revolved around not only a molecular level genetic manipulation, but of the microscopic level within the molecular level of the genes being manipulated. Few if any truly understood what she was talking about when she tried to explain what she was doing but the end result seem to enhance her own innate pheromone abilities to both poison and heal.

It was also at this time that Panda’s mother tried to refocus her energy back towards learning how to fight with her against the evil men of the world, to include the dark knight and hated enemy of Ivy the Batman. While Panda quickly mastered many fighting forms she never really understood her mother’s hatred towards men and especially the Batman. Much of this was because her mother surrounded herself with men, these Panda was told where her brothers though she knew they were nothing like her and where in fact enslaved by her mother. Though she did not understand the enslavement she also did nothing to change it as she did not at this time see the inherent evil within her mother. She was still very innocent at this time in her life and so spent much of it asking questions, especially of her mother. While her mother was happy to answer most of these questions the ones that always seem to upset her where the ones that Panda would ask concerning the need to hate men and the Batman.

At 16 Panda was fully involved in her mothers work, even though she still did not understand its purpose these six years later. She had learned to not ask her mother many questions anymore. Instead she would venture out, late at night, and try to find the answers for herself. While she had no direct contact with the Batman and his team she had seen both him and members of his team during her outings and the more she saw the more she wondered why did her mother hate them so much, why did she fight them, why, why, why. Always why was the question that came first to Panda’s mind, and always she was disappointed to not learn the answer. While the last six years had brought wisdom to Panda in many things there was still one area that Panda was very innocent in and that was her mother. She loved and trusted her completely and so was not aware of the growing anger that her mother had towards her because of her constant need to understand why men and especially the Batman where the enemy.

Ivy herself tried to hold back the anger, to give her daughter time to come around, but 4 years later she still kept asking that most annoying question of why do we hate them. She could take it no longer and began to suspect that her daughter’s inability to understand the evils of mankind was from her father the Swamp Thing. Something within his tainted seed had to be the reason why her daughter could not grasp the very simply matter of just how evil the world of man was and how it must be destroyed. She had to go was Ivy’s thoughts and to that end she sent her daughter on a suicide mission without telling her. The mission as Panda was given to understand it was to take control of a chemical plant that was dumping dangerous chemicals into a nearby deep valley filled with thousands of old growth trees. The truth was that it was a staged attack to attract the attention of the GCPD and hopefully the Batman in order to capture and if possible kill her daughter and thereby remove the annoyance that she had become all together.

This is where everything went sideways both for Panda and Ivy. For Ivy it was nothing more than that she lost her daughter and did not know if she was truly dead or not. As for Panda it would be a revelation to a truth and a discovery of a new life, but first she would have to endure the fire that would free her from her past. During the initial attack on the chemical plant facility Panda became aware that her own pheromones had taken control of her brothers and she began to ask them the questions her mother would not answer and learned much from them. As she was becoming wise to her mother’s plan the GCPD attacked the plant and began taking down her team. In the crossfire something was hit that caused an explosion in the plant that sent the entire place up in flames leaving Panda trapped inside.

The Batman had been watching the entire time and had not entered the fray as he felt it was unneeded up until the place went up in flames. He saw Panda trapped inside and being the Batman he knew he had no choice but to rescue her and so he did. The Batman pulled her out of the flames and took her with him to the Batcave where he attended to her injuries himself, with the constant mutterings of Alfred saying if he was going to bring in every stray in the city perhaps they should get a bigger cave. It was during this time that he learned the truth of just how different she was. While he did not fully understand why of it he made the realization that the young girl had slipped into a coma or coma like state. He attended to her injuries the best he could and spent much time studying her very physiology in order to determine how best to move forward in helping her to return to a conscious state…

(Have no fear there will be more, though I can not promise it within the next day or two. Happy Please feel free to tell me what you think. )
Beta Babe
Star

HI Pan!

I like what you have done so far. I was concerned that Batman was so quick to bring Pan into the Batcave - especially when Poison Ivy is KNOWN for her deception.

However, the coma explains a lot. This is a great start - I look forward to what you do next!

Diva

Nice work Panda! Well thought out and interesting origin. I look forward to seeing more of her Happy

Alexis Allura
Diva

Beta Babe wrote:
HI Pan!

I like what you have done so far. I was concerned that Batman was so quick to bring Pan into the Batcave - especially when Poison Ivy is KNOWN for her deception.

However, the coma explains a lot. This is a great start - I look forward to what you do next!

I was think about this after you two talked about this earlier. I think he has let Catwoman in under similar conditions in various form of media. I can't seem to find the scene I thought happen in the 1960s show. But then again he is closer to Catwoman.

Alexis Allura wrote:
Beta Babe wrote:
HI Pan!

I was think about this after you two talked about this earlier. I think he has let Catwoman in under similar conditions in various form of media. I can't seem to find the scene I thought happen in the 1960s show. But then again he is closer to Catwoman.

All shall be revealed in time my young padwans :D
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: