FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use the scraps/gear crafting system?
yes
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
no
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Gear Crafting

Given your natural gameplay patterns and the speed at which you move on to new content, do you utilize the crafting system at all?

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Miss Terri
Loyal

Forum Image

David Tennant as The Doctor!! Yes!!!

Ok now that I have that out of my system, no I do not, though I did use it once, since then I have found it to just not be worth the amount of time needed to invest, along with the marks, in order to get a piece of gear from it. Unless you are really lucky with the salvage it takes a good month or more to get enough scrap to craft anything. By the time you have what you need to make something you probably have already moved into the next episode and upgraded it anyway.

Nice idea, just not implemented very well in my opinion.
Alexis Allura
Diva

Nope since I don't have a ton of extra marks to burn and all the scraps maybe if the gear didn't get upgraded every 3 months.

I do not use the crafting system AT ALL - and NEVER HAVE. I continue to save scraps in the vain hope DCUO will fix this nice idea (BUT) very flawed system.

The game simply moves WAY TOO FAST, the plans and process cost WAY TOO MUCH, the scraps gained ARE WAY TOO FEW and the intended idea behind the concept has been an EPIC FAIL!

I agree with PAN's comments that this was a nice concept (AND) it still can work - but they need to change it.

While I do not pretend to know what everyone is doing - to date - I only know of two Justice Girls who have done the crafting - and actually completed it - and they only did it once. Others - who started the process never finished because they gave up once they figured out what was going on.

Those players were ND & Pan. Both gave me an earful of how they were NOT going to do that again and were very upset over the whole process.

From the other Leagues and friends I play with - the feedback is exactly the same. Either they did it once (or) not at all - and have no intention of doing it again. It is seen as a joke.

Conversations on this topic become a "Boo Hiss" Fest between the players all in agreement with their own dissatisfactions.

I would like to reference my post of two months ago as it directly relates to this topic - it was listed as item 3. This was the letter I sent to Na, Mepps, and DevNerd of Prey and have heard nothing back from them, staff, customer service - you get the idea.

Not even a 3x5 card saying thanks for the letter, feedback - etc. Or an in game e-mail saying thanks for contacting us with your thoughts.

Perhaps Alyssa since you provide feedback to DCUO on topics please feel free to forward my original post to them since it has coverage on the topic they care to know about.

I find it interesting DCUO has zero time to say a quick - we got your comments - thanks. But when Alexis lets her subscription run out - suddenly they care, send her a survey, and want her back.

DCUO listens to money. By the way - so glad you are back ALEXIS!

Here are my original comments:

3: The Scrap R & D System

This was a blatant attempt from Daybreak to get customers to buy replay badges. And I am sure they did – and that worked – for a while.

But people have caught on now and they are pretty upset with the system. Both when they did the math on how much real money they spent AND how many marks in game it costs you PER piece.

In short, if you are crafting it for a CR boost – it is a fail – by the time you have it crafted you don’t need it anymore. That only leaves to finish out a style for a feat – which – the rare vendor was actually cheaper because what you have to invest for that 1st piece in marks. Also, there is the joy of grinding for those scraps – ugh!

I would say in my league alone (and I have heard it from several others) about 80% who did do the R & D Scrap System initially – would not do it again. Unless the system is improved.

It feels good to be back.

Well not sure they actually listen to me but they do pretend to listen every so often so I guess it is something.

The reason I don't do it as Beta said.
"In short, if you are crafting it for a CR boost – it is a fail – by the time you have it crafted you don’t need it anymore. That only leaves to finish out a style for a feat – which – the rare vendor was actually cheaper because what you have to invest for that 1st piece in marks. Also, there is the joy of grinding for those scraps – ugh! "

To make the system more friendly I would either greatly lower the cost or make the scraps tradable. In games with better crafting systems building materials are usually tradable. They could cr lock the plans to keep you from crafting T7 stuff at T6 or lower.

I use it for one thing: making the weapon for my support role. Otherwise, I don't. This is due to the drop rates of the 136 weapon for the longest time. I do not waste time on mask, rings, or neck -- the blue drops or the vendor versions will keep you at max CR with everything else being purple drops.

Luna Vestara, Heloise Villefort, Charity Tonun -- Justice Girls Dark (Villains)

Rose Acrimony -- Justice Girls (Heroes)

Zane Thanatos, Hannibal Nike, Sam Bakula, Colonel Knightro -- Helix Enterprise (Heroes)

Alia Beckett, Lily Death, Trent Roogna -- Ultra Industries (Villains)

Mercy Nomoore -- TheYellowLanternCorps (Villains)

Mr Forklift -- Free Agents (Heroes)

Unaffiliated Heroes -- Edmond Dantes, Dee Chameleon, Captain Atabal, Pym Maximus

Unaffiliated Villains -- Betty Bedrock, Cardinal Outrage, Bambi Blaze
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Thanks for the feedback. I actually expected it to be more lopsided or even a shutout!

I did end up crafting myself, but it's because I have the odd pattern of locking a CR and stopping for a long time. The rate at which scraps come in vs marks earned doesn't work out well. If I were moving episode to episode, I would never have enough scraps to actually craft anything. Even crafting one missing piece is not worth it because by the end of the cycle, that last piece isn't going to be relevant for long. It's faster to go with the drops and even buy the missing style from the rare style vendor. A small amount of people have reported getting a big bonus when scrapping... in the hundreds. Only the bonus salvage would constitute crafting efficiently.

It was a good idea when first announced. The rate of drops was grossly miscalculated..

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
KOSMOS
KOSMOS DC
Diva

The actual rewards as they are now are pitiful. The only way it would be considered worthwhile for the effort would be if the reward resulted in ELITE gear. As an alternate way to attain elite gear, and a way to finally attain full 8E. Then I could consider it worth the effort.
Pandarve
Star

KOSMOS DC wrote:
The actual rewards as they are now are pitiful. The only way it would be considered worthwhile for the effort would be if the reward resulted in ELITE gear. As an alternate way to attain elite gear, and a way to finally attain full 8E. Then I could consider it worth the effort.

if they did that then they would probably want it to cost more marks and materials...it's still a matter of time to acquire materials quickly enough to make the item viable before the content sweeps it under the table when the next phase of episodes hits. On the upside of having a full 8 set bonus it only matters that you have 8 elite pieces, it does not however matter from which episodes...so while an elite piece from episode 18 is not as good as one from episode 21 it may do in a pinch if the goal was to get the affinity bonus Happy
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

The devs are open to adjustments on crafting, but it had to be up in its initial state for a few cycles to pick up data...
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/ridiculous-crafting-system.271596/page-11#post-3658382

It should be interesting to see what they come up with. Any rate of increase is better than what we have now.

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Beta Babe
Star

Hi! So on March 24th I commented that I do not use the R & D System. But that I have been saving scraps to be able to use it in hopes that they fix the issues above.

Still Waiting! The Dev's have not fixed the issue - this system is worthless for the reason I stated above.

I have kept these scraps in hopes they would fix it - but they are not - their response was lame - so I am getting ready to delete or sell all that I have saved.

This system is just an annoyance now and a reason to be mad at not being listened to.

> mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

so quick update for myself. I wouldn't mind the current rate of scrap drop so much if the cost of the plans was a lot lower, and by a lot I mean like 75% less then what it is now. As mentioned the initial cost is way more then a piece of the vendor and even after that fused plan purchase you still spend far more on the crafting system in marks then you do with the vendor piece.

Just not worthwhile even for the extra CR that becomes outdated rather quickly with the speed at which new content comes out.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: