Who's Online
NEW @ DCUO Forums

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Episode 24 / GU 60 Feedback

Forum Image

For those who have played Episode 24, please share your thoughts on:
- the storyline/dialog/voice acting (I think I know where this one is going already)
- artwork/graphics
- mechanics/difficulty
- rewards (gear/base items)

1) Harley's Heist

2) Darkseid War Factory

3) Celestial Midrange

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alexis Allura
Diva

Harley Heist has a nice story and dialogue. I was telling Beta earlier how I loved Ivy's line "Dear what size shoes do you wear because those would look great on me" And there are a lot of npc heel styles I would love but we can't get. I dislike it is the midlevel Batman/Joker missions combined. The game even makes a comment about how unoriginal it is to be back here.

The second boss seems a tad too strong compared the rest of the bosses. And while Catwoman is tough. Ebil side Black Canary is so much worse. Adds hit harder plus she stuns like crazy.

2. Guess they didn't want much replay money this month. And it just makes me realize I for the most part hate all Darkseid content more so the raids. The room is much smaller the HH so less room to move. Then you have to worry about an annoying drone. Adds that hit just as hard as bosses. Huge floor aoes. Some bosses that completely ignore aggro. And double bosses.

And since they have so much going on in a tiny room people are prone to freezing.

My initial excitement and finally moving into T8 and having a change of pace from all the ninjas was quickly turned to disappointment by the degree of difficulty to even do the newest content. As Alexis mentioned Catwoman is a pita, finally figured out though that the Commander mobs are the biggest part of the problem, but unless you have someone that can go heals or just have a super powered partner you can pretty much just skip this duo.

As for the raid only been in there once and it is just as Alexis said, way to much going on with to hard hitting everything. I will likely not go back till the next episode hits which is sad as it would have been nice to do it at current cr level.

As for celestial midrange changes I can not comment as I do not currently play my celestial toon. However I am not fond that they keep moving us closer to the boss instead of further away where we can stay out of range of most the attacks and aoes. It's my understanding these changes are to keep Rage as melee and bring all the other powers in closer rather then to change just Rage to be more ranged as dps.
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Wow... no one mentioned it yet!

Isn't it weird that pretty often a midboss is stronger than the final? I don't think there was ever a dev confirmation, but it's known that players will exploit the game in anyway possible, like farm an early boss for gear without completing the instance. I think the safeguard is to beef up the first/midboss. That's part of the reason you see end game CRs with unnaturally low SP.

It's just a personal taste thing, but I agree with Alexis on the Darkseid/HoP content. I'm just not excited about it. I never was a fan of that setting in the comics either, so that's not a knock on the content. Something about Darkseid, New Genesis, etc. just doesn't stick with me.

The "midrange pass" is probably misnamed. It's really a power balance pass that's adding a breakpoint in distance from enemy. It's not forcing a ranged power to go closer, but opening up another area to scale risk vs reward. These passes may feel like a nerf or buff depending on how OP the powerset was before the pass. Celestial for example retains AM after interruption now, as does Rage. Quantum was previously OP/FotM, but was quietly balanced with its pass.

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Pandarve
Star

The other reason you see end game CR with low SP is the difficulty in getting into anything with a competent group for the purpose of getting feats to get those SP. Panda has been very luck in that area and that has a lot to do with the amazing people in JG. If there was some way to make SP less impactful on the game without making them pointless I think there would be a much happier community.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have them I just think that it asks quite a bit of a new player that started yesterday to get 200+ SP just to be accepted into most groups. Not saying they can't get the SP just saying it is not relatively easy for most casual players and as more and more content comes out those SP get higher and the old content you need to do for feats just isn't getting done as often as might be needed for getting those feats or groups are doing it for mark runs or some other burn through so you just don't get a chance at the feat.

Ok I've ranted enough and will now get off my box. Happy
Beta Babe
Star

Episode 24 Feedback

1: Harley Heist

Overall Harley’s Heist is ok – but not awesome. We are re-treading maps and adds – and it really is getting old. I was greatly disappointed in the Harley voice actor – as well as the actual recording quality.

Harley sounds like a grandmother chain smoker due to bad voice acting. Harley also sounds at times like she is far away (her closing lines) due to the recording quality of the performance.

I have a Broadcasting and Communications degree and I used to do this technical work – it is very bad quality – and I am surprised that DCUO let this fly.

I do like some of the lines though – like what Alexis mentioned – and when Ivy says “you’re a peach”.

I agree the second boss is the hardest. Also, just like the old Flash Duo you need a healer or an OP partner or you need to be OP if you are going in there.

I have no issues with Betazon (Atomic), PSIREN SONGG (Mental), but struggle with Beta Babe (Electric) in a DPS role at Bosses. I have to heal for survival even though I have 241 skill points and Beta is fully modded.

This is again more signs that the game is broke and they need to balance powers. It sickens me that I am sorely tempted to switch to Sorcery – just to be viable and play the game. It would destroy everything that Beta is – but it would get me through content – I HATE THIS FEELING.

I would give the Harley Heist a C+ for an overall grade. But truly, we have to be skeptical now whenever the term “New Content” is used. Because for the most part – it is not – it is recycled content.

2: Darkseid War Factory

WOW! Where do I begin? So I have been in this raid with our league as Betazon 4 times now. Twice with what I would consider a “Dream Team Raid Group”.

I was at CR 167 and 241 Skillpoints each time. I only have some elite gear though – not all elite gear. But I should not “NEED THAT” just to get into a non-elite raid.

The results were the same every time – not even past the first boss. In my opinion, my co players were doing great and playing their roles well. After each wipe we came away with more mechanics knowledge and played according – however – we just did not have enough survivability or DPS punch (or both) to make it happen.

In Bursty’s words “I feel like we are just spinning our wheels and getting no traction” and she was right. Now, I know some have completed in the game this raid. What I have found out though – is that the ENTIRE GROUP was high skill points, and very specific power sets, and had all or mostly all elite gear.

This raid is the new Happiness Home. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Happiness Home. Though I enjoyed being with my friends trying to figure it out back in the day.

On my last run of this raid we had three of the four highest skill point players in the league: Ball, Brandy, and myself. The raid was a Dream Team group – but our results were the same.

So, my choices are….find elite pugs who are not jerks (Good Luck There!), wait for more content to become better geared and try again, or make myself unhappy hitting the brick wall.

Raids should not make you feel this way – I am supposed to be here to have fun. Did anyone see where my fun ran off to?

3: Celestial Midrange

I do not play Celestial a lot. I am actually just starting to play a very old toon that is Celestial again – and she is only a farming alt that is 101 CR.

I would look to Alexis or Bursty for some experienced Celestial player comment here. Also we have a lot of great Celestial healers in the league – so I hope they speak up.

But from what I have seen in the last week is that the midrange is good for damage – and the closer I get the better I do. But again, I am an amateur punk when it comes to Celestial DPS.

4: Skillpoints (Panda’s Comments – Strongly Disagree)

Panda is one of my closest friends in game who I greatly respect and love to play with every day. Panda has vastly more experience in playing more MMO’s than I do – by far.

However, Panda also comes from a background where in the other MMO’s skill points do not exist, or matter, or matter little. DCUO started off with a STRONG emphasis on skill points.

As the game has progressed however that emphasis has waned – and is nothing close to what it used to be. While it is true that more feats come out with every content release – the skill points are not keeping pace with the rapid acceleration of CR.

Nor do you have the time to achieve all those feats if they actually released enough to keep pace at the rate of new content release.

It is like inflation. Skill Points – like a dollar do not buy as much as they used to which leads to less significance of them. Panda is feeling the crushing realization we have all felt at some point that we cannot ignore skill points – and man – after a certain point it is a bear to keep earning them.

Also, Panda has a real life (as do we all) and feels we should not have to become crack addicts to earn skill points in the game – I agree.

But you do have to be driven in this game (now a days) to do so and to keep pace with the new content. A vastly different experience than for those who were here at launch (or year one or two) into the game.

It was a relaxed or reasonable pace for them. I feel so for those new players joining the game today with the same goals in mind. It is a nightmare. How sad is that?

I almost quit this game several times over skill point depression. The last thing I need in MY LIFE is to have all my hard skill point work over now years of play to be supplanted and meaningless.

That is the day I give up this game and go play a “fun” game – even though it would mean leaving some wonderful friends – whom I cherish – behind.

In the long run though I fear Panda is going to get what he wishes – but not in the way he wants to see it happen. Skill points will become meaningless because they cannot keep pace with CR. Daybreak has backed themselves into a corner here.

When the breaking point for this issue occurs – they will have to retool the game – which may work depending on what they do – or change skill points to a more meaningless achievement – and that will be the end of this game.

It’s like a time bomb waiting to explode – every day I hear it a little louder tick…tick…tick…tick…..tick…kaboom?

Commander

A recurring theme in a lot of these threads is the monthly schedule. Going back to quarterly (actually close to quarterly) is happening and was announced today.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/mid-year-development-update-announcing-large-content-releases-open-episodes-and-summer-plans.276455/

This will definitely ease the feeling of being rushed. It's something the devs will enjoy too because the monthly format was taxing on them as well. I think monthly also caused more bugs than usual.

The longer gap between released along with no trilogies should give us lots of variety without the feeling of being rushed.

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Miss Terri
Loyal

I welcome the change back to quarterly updates. I need the time to keep my gear up. I also hope this will allow us to have more nights of lowbies and other fun stuff. We really need to do lowbies on the Villain side.

Jump to: