Who's Online
DCUO Announcements
NEW @ DCUO Forums

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timetracker2643
Loyal

re: Going Jade Part 1

Hey there, my name is Jennifer, Jennifer Hayden or as my friends now know me, I’m Jade. Now you might be wondering why I’m called Jade, well truth be told, I’m called Jade because I’m green. You see I’m entirely green, green skin, green hair, and hell now green eyes. That’s why my friends call me Jade.

However I didn’t start off this way, well I was actually just like you, a normal girl with a normal life, and NOT green by any means. Believe me I had zero intention of ever looking this way, unless of course I was going to a costume party and was going to look like one of the heroes that are constantly flying around the city working to protect us. However, normal is something that doesn’t seem to be that way anymore.

You see I live in Metropolis, yes the very same that’s home to the greatest super hero of all time Superman. Well with the exception of a minor breakout of super villains every once in a while, there was never anything major. Yeah sometimes Darkseid would come crashing in, or the different gods out there would come knocking, but nothing out of the ordinary. At least not till one day EVERYTHING changed.

I was walking down the street, minding my own getting ready to go to my first day of college at Metropolis University, doing study work to become a major film maker when suddenly all hell started raining down on everyone and everything. Mind you I was over in the Midtown side of the city and had no idea what was going on in the rest of the city, but it looked like it was going on planet wide, not just Metropolis. The one being in the entire universe that everyone (including myself) feared most had arrived, Brainiac. Now understand that this wasn’t someone that the heroes could just take out and there was going to be no issues. Yes he had shown up before and the heroes were able to take him out. But it seems that something had happened without anyone knowing, something that changed nearly everyone’s lives forever.

When Brainiac showed up and started to bottle up whole buildings and cities, those of us that were inside the bottles that were getting processed in had an entirely different experience. Now I’m going to hold it right there, because I’m getting ahead of myself here. You see, a little while back something happened to people all over the world, something that was going to be leading up to something greater. Now to be honest it didn’t show up to everyone right off the bat, however there were those that it did show up to that suddenly had no idea what in the world was going on, they had powers just like the super heroes that were all around us. Everything from earth powers to you name it, even magic, was coming out of the wood works, and no one had any idea how this was happening. Even I had something happen to me, but I didn’t know what in the world it was, turned out that I would find out till much later.

You see I was one of those people that was caught in the bottling, and for me, I honestly thought that it was the end of the world here and that there was no chance that I would ever see my family again. I was locked inside of one of the bottles and before I knew it was I was vanishing right as everyone near me, man woman or child didn’t matter, was also vanishing. Turned out that Brainiac was digitizing us to bring us into his system to make him one, actually turned out that the digitizing was actually Brainiac’s version of teleporting us. He was teleporting us inside of his ship, and knocking us out at the same time.
I can barely remember waking up slightly at times and seeing different robots working on different people, they were loading them up into different chambers to be processed and then fully converted and digitized into his system. After that, I passed out and didn’t know how long I was out for.

As I moved between the waking world and the dreaming world, I could hear several voices that seemed to be coming from all around me and within. Something strange that’s very hard to define, unless you’ve experienced yourself, but I thought that I would try. However there was one voice that was clear and I could tell that it was speaking right into my mind, a disembodied voice, one that helped not only get me out of there, but changed my life forever. Actually I should say that there were two voices, a female voice and that of what seemed like of a male nearly robotic voice.

“Jennifer Hayden of Earth, you have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps” The nearly robotic one stated as I felt a ring slip onto my finger.

That was when the female voice became more clear, this would be the voice of the one that would help get me out of the pod that I was located in. “Are you there, I’m detecting that your vitals are going up and that you’re improving, however I don’t detect any movement. Wait what was that, there’s something new that just happened, something is changing and I don’t know what it is yet.” The voice stated.

My eyes came open and that’s when I looked around me and saw the interior of the pod and the class covering that kept me locked inside of it. However there was one tiny detail that I did notice, and that was that there was a small hole in the glass. I thought about what I had felt and brought my hand up to my face and right there, on my right middle finger was a Green Lantern ring, but that wasn’t the only thing that I noticed that was different. My skin was green as well, and how that happened I had no idea, and since I couldn’t exactly look in a mirror right at that moment.

“Oh man, what happened?” I asked out loud to no one.

I noticed though that my hand had been slightly restrained, and that just the movement was actually breaking the glass that was keeping me. So with one great push, I broke the pod glass casing that was keeping me in and freed myself from the pod. That’s when I heard the female voice again, and it was in what appeared to be a Heads up Display in my eyes. I have a feeling that they put that there as a side hack to get people freed from the ship that I was on.

“Great, my hack worked and you’re free. My name’s Oracle and we’re going to work to get you off this ship. Look for a way out.” She told me.

After that, I followed her directions and the only opposition that I met was the robots that were between me and the way out, and that was a fight for the ages. More about that later.

"Have Hope, I Do" -Blue Lantern Kyle Rayner
List of Characters:
Main- Timetracker2643 (Ultimate Justice League) - Controller/Bunny(Light/Will)
Jade2643 (Justice Girls) - Bunny (Light/Will)
Impulse2643 (Justice Girls) - Healer (Speed/Electric)
Bleezz2643 (Justice Girls) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Huntress2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Bunny (Light/Fear)
Bleez2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Inertia2643 (Justice Girls Dark - Healer (Speed/Electric)
GuyGardner2643 (Ultimate Justice League) Tank (Light/Rage)
Cara Lace
Cara Lace
Diva

Well done Jade, I like the 'first person' perspective you use. Well written and nice tie in to the DCUO world. Happy

timetracker2643
Loyal

Cara Lace wrote:
Well done Jade, I like the 'first person' perspective you use. Well written and nice tie in to the DCUO world. Happy

Thanks, first person is the only way that I can write it, don't know why, but it is. I'm working on the second part along with a cross over as well. Can't wait to post those up.

"Have Hope, I Do" -Blue Lantern Kyle Rayner
List of Characters:
Main- Timetracker2643 (Ultimate Justice League) - Controller/Bunny(Light/Will)
Jade2643 (Justice Girls) - Bunny (Light/Will)
Impulse2643 (Justice Girls) - Healer (Speed/Electric)
Bleezz2643 (Justice Girls) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Huntress2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Bunny (Light/Fear)
Bleez2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Inertia2643 (Justice Girls Dark - Healer (Speed/Electric)
GuyGardner2643 (Ultimate Justice League) Tank (Light/Rage)
Beta Babe
Star

Hi Jade, this is a nice start - I look forward to seeing where you take this. Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: