ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you use Atomic?
Yes - on a new character
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Yes - respec existing character
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Atomic & You!

As you know, Atomic is coming soon(tm) and already on test. What you do with it?

Here's the livestream replay for reference...
https://youtu.be/e87THx3h7F4

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Betty Bedrock
Luna Vestara
New Girl

Not big on tanking and not big on combos for tanking, so I will pass on this and wait for Water....

Luna Vestara, Heloise Villefort, Charity Tonun -- Justice Girls Dark (Villains)

Rose Acrimony -- Justice Girls (Heroes)

Zane Thanatos, Hannibal Nike, Sam Bakula, Colonel Knightro -- Helix Enterprise (Heroes)

Alia Beckett, Lily Death, Trent Roogna -- Ultra Industries (Villains)

Mercy Nomoore -- TheYellowLanternCorps (Villains)

Mr Forklift -- Free Agents (Heroes)

Unaffiliated Heroes -- Edmond Dantes, Dee Chameleon, Captain Atabal, Pym Maximus

Unaffiliated Villains -- Betty Bedrock, Cardinal Outrage, Bambi Blaze
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Short Version
I'll start with a new toon with a small chance of moving Alyssa over to it. Lore-wise, it doesn't really fit Shadowdragon, but Alyssa outside of DCUO is fire + quantum ("fate shift" ability from Kingdoms of Amalur), so atomic can work.

Long Version
After GU47, I bought 2 respec tokens at the next sale because I was unhappy that they took the AM out of fire's tank stance, hoping Atomic would be able to pass as Fire. Atomic is a fun power and some moves can even pass as Fire, but over the past few months, I've adapted to the post GU47 fire. I like both powers in DPS stance, but I still like Fire better for tanking as I like to concentrate on countering. Atomic's survivability is about equivalent to Fire's, so it's also not a pre-GU47 fire replacement anyway. What I plan to do is level a new toon up to around 25 to add to my seasonal farming army. That should also allow me to grow with the new power and get the endgame loadout without innates. If I really fall in love with it (and it would take a lot), I could switch Alyssa over.
Beta Babe
Star

I made Beta Babe special for this league with the intent she would be Atomic. Originally, they were doing this as a healer power - so I came up with a background story and made her Electric. Her atomic power (powers) her suit creating the electrical effects and also regulates her energy levels.

The intent was to switch her when it came out. Now, I am leveling Betazon for Atomic (Beta Babe after she gained control-with the help of the Amazons) of her atomic power.

Betazon is the name the amazons gave her after she did so.

So in a way, I am doing both - using it for a new character - yet updating an existing. I hope the power is cool - I have been waiting a long time.

I'll likely make an Atomic and see how it goes.

Heroic: Aibhilin - Celestial Vrilna - Hard Light Zaira El - Rage Chronastorm - Quantum NyghtKlaw - Gadgets Leiptrhildr - Electric Zevatron - Atomic    Villains: Bisalara - Sorcery Subject AlphaOne - Munitions LadySeismic - Earth
soonerjr

I was going to turn soonerette into an atomic. BUT then playing on the test server, everything was tied to combos. So I'll just stick with leveling Fireinspectress instead. I'm not a fan of forcing individuals to use combos to affect the same power.
Golden Dodge
Star

I may turn the one I was waiting for Serums into atomic for now. Not sure.

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

soonerjr wrote:
I was going to turn soonerette into an atomic. BUT then playing on the test server, everything was tied to combos. So I'll just stick with leveling Fireinspectress instead. I'm not a fan of forcing individuals to use combos to affect the same power.

The unique thing about Atomic is that you can play it with or without combos. Odyssey broke it down here...

https://youtu.be/mXBskYE0JLU

The non-combo method uses the nuclear pressure stacks that build up if you purposely don't combo the moves. Then there's a ranged and melee finisher.

If you're deciding to level Atomic or Fire though... I'm way too biased. Power up Fireinspectress. Fire is more fun than Atomic! Damage is cool either way. I prefer to counter tank than get a buff for not blocking.

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Pandarve
Star

I'm planning to level an atomic toon got a name all set up for her and everything. Have so many toons though I'm not sure which to make my third JGer, though after reading Alyssa's post it may be a toss up between my atomic toon and my fire toon as I will have both after today. Course then there is my ice toon as well and earth and .....

Damn I need more league slots. :D
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

I was about to start a new thread for Atomic Feedback, but let's see if I can keep this one going. I just want to see how people are doing with it so far.

It was pretty interesting that almost half of us went for a new toon from level 1 rather than respeccing and end-game one. I'm pretty sure that's not the norm compared to the rest of the community!

Here are some questions:

1) Please mention again if you started from the beginning or respecced.

2) How do you like the DPS stance? Are you using one of the AMs or both?

3) How's the tanking? How do you like it compared to other tanking powers?

4) If you leveled, will you stick with your new toon? If you respecced, will you stay Atomic?

5) What do you like about it in general?

6) Dislikes?

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Beta Babe
Star

Alyssa,

This link is gold! Also, it is nice to know I stumbled on some of these things on my own. But I will tweek now with this input!

Thanks

Ummm Beta? What link? :P
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Here's mine:

I started with a fresh new character, leveling the traditional way, meaning I'm not loading up on purchased feat points. My starter toon has one weapon set with no weapon mastery. None of my toons ever have feat points outside of their level/tier.

Leveling is significantly easier with Atomic. Shortly off the ship, at level 4 (2 power points), I already had my first combo move (Beta Surge). With it being a 3-step, conal attack, it easily wiped out quest nodes from afar. It was incredibly mindless and looked unfair to players leveling around me with other powers.

I leveled up to 19 so far. With 9 power points, I'm pretty close to the final spec I concluded with on the test server (w/o innates). I'm past the middle mentor mission and everything's been a breeze. It feels like I'm a level 30 cutting through adds that can't hurt me. I even took out Full House solo. Previously, I had to be ~level 24 to output enough damage before he reset. Atomic allowed me to spam several ranged attacks without loss of power.

I'm more comfortable with Rage & Celestial than any of the troll AM's, so I opted for the combo/Quark method. It's not tied to a fixed order, so I can start with rotating ranged combos and switch to melee at will if an enemy closes the gap. Execution feels smooth and fluid.

I don’t have tanking experience yet, but this could be a big learning curve for me. My natural playstyle is to block and win counters while tanking. It’s going to feel weird combing and taking hits on purpose!

4) If you leveled, will you stick with your new toon? If you respecced, will you stay Atomic?
I'm definitely keeping this toon. The power is fun to use and look good.

Being a casual player, I typically have fun, "RP" loadouts. I won't use something that goes against my character concept. Atomic is great for this because it allows us to mix and match different powers. Both the burst/Geiger and combo/Quark methods are versatile at melee as well as ranged.

6) Dislikes?
Not effective in the vault solo instance!
aib
New Girl

I started from the beginning.

I enjoy it. I've used the Glark-gluon AM.

Haven't tanked yet.

Sticking with it. In fact, I'm strongly considering taking Zaira and Vrilna out of the League and replacing them with Zevatron and Chronastorm.

When I pull off the combos right, they really work. And a lot of the powers, even if they were just minorly useful would still be fun. Like the teleporting upper cut.

6) Dislikes? Nothing yet.

Heroic: Aibhilin - Celestial Vrilna - Hard Light Zaira El - Rage Chronastorm - Quantum NyghtKlaw - Gadgets Leiptrhildr - Electric Zevatron - Atomic    Villains: Bisalara - Sorcery Subject AlphaOne - Munitions LadySeismic - Earth
Scarlet Morrigan
Scarlet Morrigan
Star

I changed an Ice character to Atomic. Changed her name, but forgot to change her to skimming, oh well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: