Who's Online
DCUO Announcements
NEW @ DCUO Forums

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Content Type Survey

During the course of a week, how often do you run the following content:

[ Note: Please include any details you can think of... weekdays vs weekends, out of relevancy content, whether you're playing 1 toon or many, etc. ]

1) Solos & Open World Dailies

2) Duos

3) Alerts

4) Raids

5) Legends PvE Alerts (please include the solo ones under "Solos")

6) Any type of PvP

7) Seasonal Events

8) Survival Mode

Do you replay any of these? If so, which and how often?

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alexis Allura
Diva

1. Solos usually for feats on my main and my alts for gear.
2. I run a lot of duos on both main and alts. I will replay them if I am too lazy to switch or I need to help protect(carry). Sometimes I will use my strongest with a weaker partner. And then I will use a weaker character and let them take care of me.
3. Alerts I will usually run twice on the days I run them once. I normally will reset them since I want the purples.
4. Raids I won't ever reset. It isn't worth the replay badges to me. Especially when I am prone to getting greens there.
5. I don't mind helping with any of them and they are usually pretty fun. Though I must be wine and dine if someone wants me to go to PW.
6. PVP depends on my mood
7. I liked them the first few years but now I am bored of them. Unless there is some cool style item I really don't care to do them. A lair pet is a really nice one so I am doing it for it.
8. I don't really care about SM at all. If this game pets behaved like ESO then I may care a little. There your pet does nothing but it will stay out constantly and follow you around.

1) Solos & Open World Dailies
I generally play while juggling real life things, so that means I'm at the PC in little 10 min segments. Solos just end up being convenient, so I will run a number of these daily on each toon. There will usually be 2-3 within relevancy. I always hit up the T5 solos on all toons that have them, even out of relevancy because those are extra vaults to me... 3 lootpickers each and both under 5min. I also run Spark for the single lootpicker in 2min of work.

2) Duos
On Alyssa, I will run 3-5 of these, but not straight. I feel like most run duos as a series, so I just call out for 1 or 2 or a walk-in. On Takhisis, I will run about 2-3 in relevancy... more if I make it to ebil earlier. On the lower toons, I don't run them regularly unless someone in the league is looking for a lower duo. I usually have the bottle feat pen on one toon and will just run those weekly for the bonus box. I typically run the bottles until I have all styles, then buy the rest of the feats. Overall, duos are my favorite content type. You have to be versatile like a solo, but the addition of another player makes you learn to adjust for different roles and powers.

3) Alerts
These are just whenever I'm in the mood. I'm more likely to do them on weekends than weekdays. Most of these are OK, but I feel some of the longer ones are unnecessarily repetitive.

4) Raids
Same, but less often as they take longer to form and I'm rarely at the computer long enough.

5) Legends PvE Alerts (please include the solo ones under "Solos")
This varies depending on what's featured. I typically run the short ones whether I need feats or not. I avoid the long ones despite needing feats. I really just play these for fun an treat the feats as bonuses.

6) Any type of PvP
n/a

7) Seasonal Events
I have a love-hate relationship with these. The events themselves are OK, but playing them around 20x per day makes them depreciate very quickly. These are all about the rewards. Of all content types, seasonals get played the most by me. I actually get to a comfortable CR and hold it there during these events.

8) Survival Mode
I haven't played any other than the very first one. Unfortunately, the was made to be an event that coincides with the regular seasonal, to keep the elite players engaged. So, because I heavily concentrate on the seasonal, I can't ever do SM. I've never had the qualifying CR for it. I might make a push to get in at the last week of this one because I found some people that will run it for fun instead of going for the win. It's hard though because of the current seasonal items. The cat is taking away from this!

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Beta Babe
Star

Content Type Survey

Let me start by saying that barring some real life stuff I am on every day. Time spent varies from just a few minutes to several hours based on the day of the week and what is going on. So my activity may not be typical.

I alter my actions all the time based on league and friends activities. Currently, I am working on feats for skill points. For now, that means PVP.

Home Turf, The Last Laugh, & Arenas are my current focus. So my comments below are my standard norm – not what is going on right now.

During skill point focus I primarily play two toons: Beta Babe and Captain America due to their progress level with feats. Occasionally this expands to my other mains PSIREN SONG and Betazon.

The feats being pursed dictates my gameplay. EBIL Monday is a skill point focus day for me since I simply do not have enough time to level up, gear up, and do skill points all at the same time. Since something had to give I chose (for now) shelving my EBIL toon.

The league is not very active on Sunday – and most – choose to do alt stuff or events – etc. So my week tends to shake out like this during standard gameplay.

Monday: Vault, Skill Points, or Join something
Tuesday: Vault, Duos, Alerts, Alt Stuff
Wednesday: Vault, Join League / Friends on Stuff (Raids / Alerts)
Thursday: Vault, League Stuff - Raids (fill in when not active)
Friday: Vault, Duos, Alerts, League Stuff - Raids
Saturday: Morning (Vault, Skill Points, alt work)
Post Morning: Raids, Alerts, Base Deco (Fill In)

Now Answering your question this averages into:

Solos: 1-4 times a week (Total) No Replays
Open World Dailies:
Currently doing patrol Catastrophe 1/Day for Emerald Knight
No replays (Though I usually do when advancing a toon)

I also do this with Raven at Gotham Wastelands – I farm it with Replays

Duos: 6-8 times a week (On 1 to 3 toons) so about 6 – 24, No Replays
Alerts: 3-6 times a week – No replays
Raids: 2-6 times a week – No replays
LPVE ALERTS: 1-4 a Week (For Now) – No Replays
PVP: (Right now every day for hours – Arenas, & Lair)

Seasonal Event:
Day 1: Only thing I did Ran it 32 times – did 4 replays
Day 2: Mostly what I did – ran it 28 times – did 3 replays
Day 3: Mostly what I did – ran it 16 times – did 2 replays
Day 4: Part of what I did – ran it 12 times – No replays

Now run it here and there as desired – I have 28 toons that can farm it.

SURVIVAL MODE: Do not intend to run without being asked. I am under geared for this due to my skill point pursuit. Please see my post – “Ode to Survival Mode” for details why.

REPLAYS:

I ONLY USE REPLAYS IF THEY HAVE VALUE. IF CRITICAL FOR A FEAT – GET A BASE ITEM I WANT – ADVANCE - OR – TO HELP THE LEAGUE – I WILL.

That said, I rarely ever reset Raids – too expensive – but have – for style feats – or gear - in the past.

DCUO NEEDS TO IMPROVE THE PURPLE DROP RATES FOR RAIDS AND ELIMINATE GREENS ALL TOGETHER FROM ELITE RAIDS - PERIOD. OTHERWISE, THIS WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE. ALL MY FRIENDS SAY THE SAME THING.

*Saturday is always a crap shoot – it may or may not be active. If not, I work on skill points or do alt work – or help / join friends.

NOW
After I complete my next 8 feats – this will change – drastically.

(3) Last Laugh: Watch Tower, Hall of Doom, 100 Safehouse Matches
(1) Home Turf: 1000 Lair Battle Wins
(3) PVP Arenas: Outback 25, Outback 50, Moon 50
(1) Styles: Nuclear

My feat summary will look like this:

Left Side:
LPVE – 42
Styles – 4 (Titles Only)
46 Left Total

Right Side:

R & D - 3
Episodes – 26
29 Right Total

75 Total Feats (Without any New Content)

My new focus will be on Episodes & LPVE. R & D and Styles (Non skill point feats) will be worked on as I go.

That goal will be Episodes feat elimination and LPVE feat reduction. I will work on LPVE when I can’t do raids. My episodes feats are 94% raid feats.

Besides doing things with league / friends – I will not be doing anything else – unless I alt for a break.

So to conclude:

When the new content comes out – I will work on it to completion – best I can. Before and after I will be working on skill points to be prepared for the new changes coming.

This challenge will drive my game play activity and spending of replay badges.

By the way Alyssa – I agree with all your comments on the seasonal. The cat is more important – go get a kitty. Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: