Who's Online
DCUO Announcements

FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Starro Feedback

Forum Image

For those who have played Starro the Conqueror, please share your thoughts on:
- the storyline/dialog/voice acting
- artwork/graphics
- mechanics/difficulty
- rewards (gear/base items)

Please do not comment about the capsules. I'll do a separate one for that.

1) Open World Content
- starter mission(s)
- dailies
- iconic + bonus

2) Spreading Spores Duos

3) Invasion Alerts

4) Threat Below (scaled)

5) Threat Below (T8)

Additional ?'s

6) How many characters are you running through this with?

7) Will you use the new styles in armories?

8) Are you planning to craft the OP items?

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Storyline/Dialog/Voice Acting
I think the story works... poor Central City! I like that there are a lot of relevant iconics involved with the Flash cast of Central City and JLA/JSA from the Starro comic books. I like the voice acting on both hero & villain sides for the quest givers. We also have that familiarity of the iconics' lines, but with the cost of a single voice for them!

Artwork/Graphics
It's always great to see a comic book translation of characters and styles. Starro looks as he should as well as the humanoid form in the armor we're collecting. The instances are mostly recycled, but excellent choices as most maps were limited to a faction before. The Atlantean Outpost got an excellent treatment, giving it the grand scale of the AF3 raids.

Mechanics/Difficulty
The mind control mechanic is very interesting and I like that we have the consumable to use, similar to the Anti-monitor event. I think the difficulty is just right for each content piece. The open world is all doable by sub-30's (I always have to bring up the soda issue though... sub-30's still have a point-based heal on their buffed stats). The duos are routinely doable with an optional feat method that's a little more challenging. The regular alerts and raid work well across the tiers and are safe to queue up for. I like that the end-game version was separated out into its own instance. Because of the time it takes to do, I'd rather farm the regular content for spores though. It was something nice to try, but with limited time, I'll go for the fast, guaranteed rewards.

Something I'd like to see in the future is repeatable feat runs for some kind of bonus. For example, if you do the feat run in the duos, you could get an extra spore each time even if you already have the feat. I like running for the feat even when I already have it because it's good practice and makes the boss fight more than just attacking.

Rewards
I would not be playing this as much if I didn't want the rewards! I really like the human form Starro set. It has a lot of usable styles and looks great in its entirety. The base items are similar to each other with some variation, so they are great for building a themed room or full base. I like that the drop rate is common to fairly common for all items. I have completed the one-of-each feat on all 18 alts without blowing significant money on the broker. I am mostly a style motivated player, but this time around, the priority is on the Omnipotence plans because these items have never been so easily attainable. I actually think they're close to being too attainable!

My complaint about the overall list of rewards is that alts & replays are pretty much required. I would rather have less available items, especially since it's an event that will return, like the seasonals. The old style seasonals always had one style & one base item feat... some had a collection or two. But there was that sense of closure when we had that. The old seasonal rewards were completable across multiple alts per year. I understand that replays and alts make more money, so maybe somewhere in between an old seasonal and what this event has would be good... maybe 2 collections instead of 4 and a mid-sized style instead of a full set. The way I'm running this event is with different alts aiming for different rewards/feats... then unlock at the end. They way I would like to run it is like the old seasonals... all rewards for all alts.

Open World Content

The pointer mission is a bit tedious, but understandable for the flow of the story. It could be a deterrent if someone was under the impression that it was daily or even weekly. Once past that, they daily/weekly routine is pretty relaxing and fun. I like the variety of things to do. The spawns for the nodes and NPCs are just right for the population in each phase. Credit splitting works for the

Spreading Spores Duos
I like the random maps and again, the maps chosen. It’s nice, easy content to get some guaranteed rewards daily. There was also a good variety of mechanics for the boss fights.

Invasion Alerts
Same as the duos with an introduction to the mind control mechanic.

Threat Below (scaled)
This is probably one of my favorite maps. I hope it get recycled a lot! It’s great that the completion itself is puggable, then when run as a league, everyone attempts the feats.

Threat Below (T8)
This was nice to try, but because it takes too long, doesn’t fit my routine. I would rather farm and replay the regular one to get more spores/min. I have nothing against this though. It’s a great idea to have a super hard one for the players that want to go after an SM-like instance.

How many characters are you running through this with?
I’m running 3 through everything (Alyssa, Takhisis, Shadowdragon). An additional 7 run the outside. 4 of those run the duo and I’ll randomly run duos and alerts if I get bored. I’m resetting the raid 2-3 on Alyssa & Shadowdragon.

Will you use the new styles in armories?
Right now I’m collecting on various toons for the feats. I probably won’t be using these in armories until we get style unlocking. Some of the auras might get used though.

Are you planning to craft the OP items?
At first, I didn’t think I would, but based on the rate the components are dropping, absolutely! I will be crafting all 3 on Alyssa and will at least have an additional ring for Takhisis.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Miss Terri
Loyal

FYI, there is possibly one more feat coming for the Starro event. It sounds like the devs are trying to add a world boss-type thing in the Central City zone. Here is the link to the forums where it is discussed.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-feat-starro-slayer.286297/

There's a few more. If you look at the counter in the feats tab, if you have all the feats (like poor Beta), you will only have 19 feats. The Starro Open world boss is active but there are 2 more as it says 19/22.

Brandy TankTyke
Diva

I Loved the Starro Event. I think it was a Gift from the Devs. I was able to level up 16 (yes Sixteen) toons from Cr 166 to 186. It only takes 15 minutes on an alt to do the solo, duo , and alert and get 3 (THREE) pieces of gear! I was able to get
ALL the vendor feats easily. Like Goldenblade said in her post, it just takes Patience (which is the only real true meaning of Discipline. Driveness isn't Discipline). There was no pay to win. If people wanted to get everything done in a week and then cry 'boredom' or it's 'pay to win',that was their choice. Never Spent ONE SINGLE DIME on ANY of the Seasonals ,and have done just fine. See Goldenblades other post. I Agree with what she said about Patience and how to Approach the Starro Event.:-)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: