TuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMonday
B'Day - Raarsi
B'Day - Psylinke
B'Day - Navigator333
B'Day - SunGoddess
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Soling Large Content II

Just a few more quick questions on this topic:

Please list all of the out-of-relevancy large content you walk into and solo as part of your routine. For each one list:

1) Name of the instance
2) How often you run it
3) What you're trying to get in there

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Dyslexxia
Star

1) anything with a walk in. i.e. outer & sub batcaves, fos 1/3 prime battleground, trigons prison.

2) whenever time allows

3) junk gear for salvage, base items, marks if available, & a chuckle from stomping lower content
Pandarve
Star

1) Pretty much anything I could walk into that didn't have a mechanic that prevented soloing such as instances like Kandak, Inner Sanctum (i think), FOS2 (again I think). If there where a way around these mechanics and I could get in via walk in I would do them all.

2) when I am not working on relevant content.

3) styles I still need, feats I still need, toys, base items, etc...

As a player who has played other online games one of the things I enjoyed was being able to go into old content and explore it, see what it was and get a chance to experience it again without the madness of trying to coordinate with a large group of people or have to move quickly because the group wanted to do it in a short matter of time. It was also nice to even get a few treats for doing so. Happy

While I'm not asking for Daybreak to follow what other games do I would like to add that Blizzard added small things to old content that would give players an incentive to wander through if they wished to do so. These came in the form of battle pets (formerly follow pets), little critters like say a chicken or a mini version of the boss that could drop and give you that small reward while going back to see the old stomping grounds of one raid/Dungeon or another.

Just wanted to add that as a kind of point of interest. Happy
Alexis Allura
Diva

I use to do Paradox Wave, Prime, and FoS3. The ones were you don't have to walk around much. If they allow walk ins to anywhere then probably Lockdown and actually all T6 raids since they were all kinda enjoyable.

While I understand the focus here is about soloing old content I wanted to add something that I feel is relevant. With the ability for someone who is at current, or close to current, CR to solo older content, specifically those with walk ins, it allows these players to take some of the newer players that are trying to rank up into this content and get them better gear to help in this process.

If all content had a walk in portal this would allow more of this to be possible, making it much easier to bring new players up to current level of content, which as of right now even with the 100 boost is still not happening very quickly. It is possible for this to have an impact on how long a new player continues with the game. Running up hill is not as easy as running down and I could see the possibility that some players may decide they just would rather find a different game to play.

Additionally with the revamp making stats matter and therefore the need for skill points becoming more important, this same ability to walk into old content would allow the running of older content for feat achievement without having to necessarily find a full group to do so, making the skill point gain to go a bit more quickly for newer players thereby allowing them to catch up with their veteran friends and leaguemates more quickly.

just wanted to add a bit more support for allowing, or making it possible for high end characters to be able to run lower end content either solo or in smaller groups then normal. Happy
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Alexis Allura wrote:
I use to do Paradox Wave, Prime, and FoS3. The ones were you don't have to walk around much. If they allow walk ins to anywhere then probably Lockdown and actually all T6 raids since they were all kinda enjoyable.

This is pretty much the pattern I follow each week. I go by reward box/time. Gates is somewhat in the middle for me so I run that when I have time, but Dox, FoS3 & Prime beat it out because of the lack of dungeon crawling. After the revamp, I may end up running none of these. FoS3 might be the only one that can be done reasonably fast for the value of the rewards.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Golden Dodge
Star

I know the revamp is upon us but I am going to throw my 2 cents in.

1) FOS3, Prime, Gates and FOS1
2) Pretty much weekly
3) Going for Marks and Styles (FOS 1 chest)

I will run Outer and Sub every now and then for marks and on lower alts I know can do it, Arkham (to clear journal) Strykers (CCold Goggles) Ace (Psycho Chest/Kick Me) and Armory (to get it off my journal). When I am up for a time consuming challenge I will solo FOS2. Oh. Trigon (alert/duos) out of boredom. Bottle Duos (to get done).

I know this will change immensely with the revamp but I will still try. When we are at the level we are with the stats and skills we have at this stage. Any content from t4 and under should be a complete breeze.

The devs created this monster and if we cannot solo it then it affects those actually learning and leveling because they have us blowing thru it faster than they can and they don't catch what they need to learn properly like we did. (ex: 45 min+ Prime run)

Golden Dodge
Star

Oh..I forgot salvaging. - all spots. .

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: