FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Relic / Karman
New Girl

re: Tree of Life...Atropa part 3

.... Continued ....

Present day…

Emily and Britannia make their way toward the S.T.A.R. Labs entrance. Emily looks out over the water behind the Labs as the sun rises. She gives a slight sigh, not really wanting to go inside after what happened. Brit places her arm around Emily and gives her a reassuring look. Security is everywhere given the recent attack and after a thorough search and ID checks, the two women make their way inside and toward the elevators.

Stopping at the 3rd floor they exit and see a new turret being installed making Emily cringe at the sight. Most of the Genomics Lab survived intact, save for the bullet holes in the floor and walls and some of the testing stations look to have been burnt from the electronic equipment being caught in the gun fire.

“Going to be alright M?” Brit ask.

“I’ll be OK. You have your own things to deal with. Now go, I’ll call you if I need you.” Emily hugs her friend and walks toward her office. She forces each step toward her office step as she sees repair crews working on the damaged lab.

There are several people in her office dressed in security uniforms along with Mr. Johnson, director of the Lab. They are all around her desk as though they are looking for something.

“Ah, Miss Thorn,” Mr. Johnson says smiling as she approaches. “So glad you are well and are back with us.”

“Thank you Sir,” she replies. “What’s going on here?” she ask watching security searching her desk.

One of the security guards tries to open her locked drawer and pulls a knife to try and break in to it.

Emily coughs out loud, “I have the key right here, no need for the knife or to destroy my desk,” she says showing her irritation at the violation of her privacy.

The other guard, a Lieutenant by the rank on his epilates, jesters toward her. He picks up a picture on her desk, “Olympic gold medal in archery,” he says. “Impressive Miss Thorn. Would not have thought a lab rat like you would have such skills.”

Tossing the picture back on the desk he turns to Emily, “Well then Miss Thorn, if you would be so kind as to open the desk please.”

Irritated by his comment, Emily glares at the Lieutenant, “Well, how about I get my bow and show you how skilled this lab rat can be?” she says. “And I’m not doing anything until someone tells me what the hell is going on.”

The Lieutenant, not amused by her tone, steps toward her. “We have you reason to believe you are hiding something, something sent to you that may very well be a threat. Given the sudden attack we reviewed video surveillance over the past couple weeks.” He gets closer to her and gives her a stern look. “And we know you received a package from an outside source that was not scanned in by security. So, if you would please open your desk.” He motions for her to sit down.

Emily looks to Mr. Johnson and he just bows his head and steps back out of the way.

“Fine,” she says pushing past the guards and sitting at her desk. As she unlocks the drawer, the guard pushes her back and opens it. Emily, shocked by him suddenly pushing her aside kicks the guard in the shin. “Asshole,” she mumbles.

Unaffected by her kick, the guard pulls out the box she had tucked away in the drawer and hands it to the Lieutenant. He examines the outside of the box and places it on his desk and opens it and see nothing but packing material and a small note card.

“Your eyes only,” he reads aloud. “So, Miss Thorn, what was for ‘your eyes only’ and who was it from?”

8th Floor Security Office of S.T.A.R. Labs

Sergeant Rogers holsters her pistol, adjust her armored vest and closes her locker, ready for another day of work. Walking out of the room she proceeds down the hall to check the daily rotation schedule.

“Sergeant Rogers,” she hears someone call. “Captain wants to see you…now.”

Turning toward the voice she sees the orderly waving her his direction. “Great,” she thinks. “They didn’t waste any time.” Making her way to the orderly, she senses his nervousness as she approaches, but does not give it much thought.

He leads her to the Captains office and opens the door for her announcing her arrival. Brit notices a heavily armored troop in a power suit next to the Captains desk, as well as, two ‘White coats’ holding clip boards. Nodding to the little orderly she enters and immediately knows this meeting is not going to go well.

Just a few steps in the room, two guards appear, one on each side of her. They each take an arm and one removes her pistol. Stopping and looking at the two men, whom she knows very well, she just smiles at them. “Ricco, Lenny,” she says. “If you boys want to keep those hands, I suggest you remove them right now.”

Ricco loosens his grip on her arm as does Lenny. “Sorry Sarge, orders, ya know,” whispers Lenny.

“Sergeant, stand down,” yells the Captain. “We just have a few questions for you.”

“We Sir?” she ask, looking at the two men in lab coats.

“Never mind them, they are just here to observe. Now, we viewed security logs from the attack and saw what took place on the 3rd floor. While you should be commended for saving Miss Thorn and others, what you did was reckless, irresponsible and violated your orders by leaving your post. Not to mention you hiding the fact that you have, well let’s just say, unique abilities.”

Not losing her bearing, she stares at the Captain. “Sir, my post was secured. We needed help on the 3rd floor, so I went to do just that. My ‘abilities’ are mine and frankly none of your business or the business of these two lad rats scribbling on their clip boards.”

Looking over to the two scientists, “I’m a black belt and a marksman, and oh I enjoy a hot bubble bath too after work, if you want to write that down.”

The Captain walks around his desk and stands just inches from Brit. “Now you listen here Sergeant, your ass works for me and you will do as you are told. These men are here to evaluate you and you WILL comply with their request. With all these super powered freaks running around, we need to know what you can do and determine what to do with you.”

The armored trooper powers up his suit and turns toward her as Ricco and Lenny grab her arms again. “And another thing Sergeant, you were seen bringing in a package to Miss Thorn that was not scanned by security. She is being questioned now and so will you, but after these gentleman are done with you. Is that clear Sergeant?”

Not even blinking, she stares at the Captain. “Sir, I told you; what I can do is my business and I will not be tested on.” Turning to Ricco and Lenny, “What did I say before?”

The two guards look at each other not knowing what to do, but they decide to loosen their grip on her once again.

Brit turns back to the Captain. “Sir, I will not be tested on by anyone. My record here is flawless, so if you think I’m going to be poked and examined by those two….well…Sir, my flawless record is about be stained.”

She looks at Ricco, Lenny and the armored heavy trooper. “These men know me, work with me and I will not hurt any of them, but if I’m touched one more time, YOU will see just what I can do. Now, you can consider this my resignation. I’m done.”

The room went silent for what seemed like hours. The Captain’s face turned red with anger. He leans in and whispers, “You will comply as will Miss Thorn. Mr. Luther has made that clear.” Stepping back he looks to Ricco and Lenny, “Take her and cuff her,” he yells. “Drag her ass to a holding cell and let’s see how tough she is after spending some time there,” he says reaching out to grab her.

Brit didn’t give them time to move. She utters an incoherent phrase as she expertly kicks the Captain in the chest, sending him flying back over the desk. Everyone froze, surprised by what just happened.

Catching his breath, and slowly standing back up, he yells, “Don’t just stand there; get her dammit.” The armored suit comes to life and raises his guns toward her.

Brit turns toward the mechanized trooper, “Don’t do it,” she yells, but he is loyal and follows orders.

He takes a step toward her, “Sergeant, stop. Don’t make this hard, we don’t want to hurt you.”

She catches Ricco and Lenny gathering up more nerve to come back toward her. The two scientist are hiding behind a bookcase and the Captain is staying safely behind his desk. Not wanting to hurt her friends, Brit decides not to use powers unless necessary, so she drops to the ground and spins, using a leg sweep taking Lenny to the ground, jumping up she catches Ricco under the chin with a well-placed punch. His eyes roll back into his head as he falls over knocked out. She backs kick Lenny as he tries to stand, putting him back down. As she turns to the main threat, two large armored hands grab her and squeeze.

“I said stop Sergeant,” the trooper yells as he continues to squeeze her, keeping her pinned.

Wincing in pain, tears forming in her eyes, Brit stares into the helmet visor. “I’m..sorry...,” she breaths as mystical words start forming across her lips.

3rd Floor Genomics Lab

The Lieutenant glares at Emily sitting in the chair. “I will not ask again, Miss Thorn. Who sent you this package and what did it contain.”

“I don’t know where it came from and it contain just a variety of night shade, that’s all,” she says.

“Really? So, where are these plants now?”

She looks over into the lab. “They were at that workstation,” she nods toward one of the damaged tables. “Where I was going to run our standard test when the attack happened. They must have been burned up during the fighting.”

The Lieutenant walks over and stands next to her. He leans in a whispers in her ear, “You’re lying Miss Thorn. We know Croft sent them to you and Mr. Luther wants them.”

Stunned by what was just said, she starts to speak, but the Lieutenant slaps her across the face. “Watkins, take her to the holding cell for more questioning.”

Emily taste the blood from her busted lip and looks at her boss, “Mr. Johnson, how could let him hit me? Treat me like this?” But the Lab Director just turns and starts to walk out the door.

The guard steps over, handcuffs in hand, pulls her up out of the chair and pushes her over the desk. Emily spins to try and slap him away, but the Lieutenant hits her again, this time dropping her to the ground.

“Lieutenant,” Mr. Johnson yells. “That was not called for and I will be reporting you to your superiors.”

The Lieutenant just ignores the old lad tech. “Pick her up and let’s go….”

He tries to turn toward the door, but he can’t seem to move. Looking down, his eyes widen at the sight of snakes wrapping around his legs, followed by twigs and vines coming up and twisting about his body. He frantically tries to get away but to no avail. He swears he smells flowers as he falls to the floor.

Emily stands up and looks at her hands as the vines and snakes overtake the three men in her office. She closes her hands and the vines, twigs and snakes just disappear leaving behind a sweet floral smell, but their job was done as the men were now all lying on floor and not moving.

“Oh my God, what did I do? Please don’t be dead…..” she says leaning over and checking the guard for a pulse. Sighing in relief she checks the other two, finding them alive as well.

She looks at her hands in disbelief, “what did I do?’ she asks herself again. She quickly steps over Mr. Johnson at the door and looks around the lab. Pushing him further inside the office she tells him she is sorry and that’s she is leaving.

Pulling the door closed she stops and kicks the Lieutenant in the groin. “Asshole,” she says shutting the door.

Walking quickly toward the elevator, she grabs her phone calling Brit. She pushes the button and smiles at passing personnel trying to remain calm as the elevator makes its way to her floor.

“Come on dammit,” she whispers. Brit’s phone goes to her voice mail; “Brit, oh my God, I don’t know what’s happen, but I have to get out of here. You need to get out too. Meet me at the bar where we met. Please be careful.” Emily hangs up as the doors open, she steps in and smiles at fellow employees in the elevator and pushes the button for the 1st floor.

8th Floor Security Office of S.T.A.R. Labs

Brit steps off the now smoking and destroyed mechanized trooper, the armor shorting out from arcane magic unleashed by her. Turing toward the Captain, she sees him reaching for the phone on his desk. Without hesitating she pounces over the desk, catching him with both feet to the chest sending him flying back into the glass window. The Captain gasps for air and starts to fall, but Brit is there, pulling him up by the collar.

“This is your fault. You made me do this, it didn’t have to be this way,” she yells at him.

The Captain laughs at her. “You and your friend have no idea what you have gotten into, but you will find out Sergeant.”

Brit’s anger flares up as she leans and whispers, “Send Luther a message, he leaves Emily and I alone or I’ll burn his empire to the ground.” She starts an incantation, but she just slams his head into the wall and watches him slump to the floor. She runs over to Lenny, grabs her gun and heads toward the door, but stops and turns back around.

Looking over at the two scientists still hiding behind the bookcase she holsters her weapon. “See enough? I can show you more……Oh I thought not,” she says turning and leaving the room.

Entering the elevator Brit sees the young orderly staring down the hall looking at the office and then back to her. She places a finger to her lips and shakes her head no as the doors close.

Making her way quickly to a back service entrance on the backside of the facility, Brit grabs her phone to call Emily and notices she has a message.

She pauses as she listens. “What the hell is going on?” she says and quickly makes her way to meet Emily as alarms begin to sound behind her.
A group of guards come running toward her, “Hey Sarge, what’s going on?” a guard yells to her.

“Get your asses moving and secure those doors,” pointing at the service entrance, “no comes in or out. I’m doing a parameter sweep. Understood?” she says.

“We got it Sarge,” he says motioning the others to go with him.

Once outside and around the corner, she checks to see that no one is following her, Brit runs and jumps over the short wall toward the water below.

.... to be continued...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: