B'Day - Jackie OLantern
B'Day - timetracker2643
B'Day - Bizowerr Girl
B'Day - wyld Kard
B'Day - Biomis
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Relic / Karman
New Girl

re: Tree of Life...Atropa part 4

Tony’s Pub Downtown Metropolis

Emily Thorn seats in a back booth in the tiny Pub and orders a coffee. Having shed her lab coat in an alley dumpster, letting her hair down and removing her glasses, she tries to look as inconspicuous as possible. She carefully watches the door looking for Brit or any sign she was followed.
She looks down at her hands and wonders what is happening to her. How did she do that in her office? Can she control it? Why was Lex Luther so interested in a few small plants? She needed answers. Time to speak to Miss Croft.
Picking up her phone, she dials the number from the card in the package, but the sounds of sirens and fighting outside interrupt her.
Seeing other patrons run to the window, Emily slides out of the booth and makes her way toward the door. “What’s going on?” she ask to no one in particular.

“Looks like more of those supers having it out again,” an older gentleman states.

Emily peers outside and see multiple squad cars of Metro PD along with several S.T.A.R. Labs mechanized troops. Suddenly balls of arcane magic slam in the group of officers sending them flying in all directions. Their squad cards explode from the impact of the magical assault. Ducking from the explosion, Emily catches a small glimpse of Brit fighting off an unknown super.

“No,” she screams and rushing out of the door, but just outside someone grabs her arm preventing her from getting to the street.

Brit unleashes more arcane bolts at her assailant sending the unknown hero through a wall across the street. The mechanized troops move approach trying to box her in when she sees Emily across the street trying to come toward her.
She smiles at Emily and shakes her head ‘no’ toward her. Waving her hands she blast the mechanized troops with balls of magic as arcane symbols appear on the ground, shocking and burning them. She looks to Emily one more time as a circle of magic surrounds her, then launches herself into the sky and out of sight.

Emily tries to pull away from the grip on her arm when she sees Brit shake her head at her and blast her way out of the area. Knowing she has to get away, she turns toward the person gripping her arm. She is surprised to see the blonde woman holding her like a vise.

“Let go of me dammit,” she says struggling.

“Miss Thorn, stay calm and do not draw attention. Something your friend failed to do. Now get back inside before anyone sees you.”

Easing her way back inside the pub, the woman lets go of Emily’s arm. “Who the hell are you and how do you know my name?”

The tall blonde eyes the small pub surveying her surroundings. She looks at Emily, “I’m an associate and friend of Miss Croft. We heard about the attack of the Lab and she sent me to make sure you were alright and to see if you still had the plants she sent. Now, please come with me. I need to get you to a secure location.”

Emily just stares at the woman, finally noticing that she is carrying a lot of weapons. For some reason she does not feel threatened by her and takes a deep breath.

“I’m fine, as for the plants, well, I need to speak to Miss Croft about that. Now, again, who are you?”

The woman gives a slight smile at Emily. “We can discuss that later, but for now we have to go. Too many eyes around here,” nodding toward the commotion still going on outside on the streets.

She starts leading Emily toward the back of the pub. “And Miss Thorn, you may call me Chance.”
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: