ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Iconic Visions Guide: Wonder Woman & Circe

Table of Contents

I. Legends Spotlights
A. Circe
B. Wonder Woman

II. Circe Vision Application
A. Will of Circe
B. Wrath of Ages
C. Mirror Image
D. Bestiamorph
E. Summon Berserker
F. Aegis of Immortality

III. Wonder Woman Vision Application
A. Amazonian Aegis
B. Lasso Thrash
C. Monolith
D. Truth Lasso
E. Coup de Grace
F. Bracer Deflection

IV. Standard Walkthroughs
A. Circe's Trial
B. Aegis of Truth

V. Feats
A. Circe's Trial
B. Aegis of Truth
C. General

VI. Happy, Hippolyta?
A. Video
B. Why You Should Do This
C. Live Demos

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

I. Legends Spotlights by TRS Crisis Core

Gemi & Davon @ Crisis Core created some detailed video guides to all of the legends characters. Their tips are 100% applicable to the upcoming Iconic Visions as Wonder Woman and Circe are exactly the same as the Legends versions. Study these loadouts closely as you'll probably be farming the visions for some quick daily marks!

A. Circe

B. Wonder Woman

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:59 am; edited 5 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

II. Circe Vision Application

I really didn't know how to use handblasters effectively until we got this challenge. After a few runs, I got this to a point where I feel it's the same difficulty as the Wonder Woman vision now. Here are Circe's loadouts and how I use them in the challenge:

A. Will of Circe
Fast stunning beam that has a quick cooldown and great for throwing in with ranged and melee HB combos. I typically use this for one-on-one fights. It doesn't do great damage, but because of the cooldown, I use it more to clip long melee animations like the uppercut and AoE blast.

B. Wrath of Ages
This ranged AoE causes multiple targets to kneel and is a good starter when there are more than one enemies in the distance. It's also a good starter move to throw in before a lunge because it will follow the same arc for 2 strong hits. Because of the arc path this move takes, you can also use it as a melee AoE. Clip into it from the tap-hold HB move for 2 strong hits.

C. Mirror Image
The name implies that this is an illusion, but it has 2 practical uses. It also acts as a quantum tunnel. When cast, Circe will tunnel in the direction she's facing. Simultaneously, the illusion will take her former location. This is great for the boss fights. Since HB are at their best when you're at a distance, use this loadout as an escape when they close the gap. Dodging to the side is really useful against the priestess midboss and archer statue.

D. Bestiamorph
Another ranged AoE that will cause one target to panic and knock back the surrounding adds. Wrath of Ages is better, but use this if #2 is on cooldown. With this power, Circe has 3 ranged attacks to rotate and combo with her HB.

E. Summon Berserker
This summons a pet rhino to help with combat. In the iconic vision, it's useful in boss fights or any fight where you're fighting 2 strong adds (with combat mechanics). The rhino will help by keeping one of them busy. In boss fights, he will melee and allow you to fight from a distance. I typically cast this loadout before starting a boss fight.

F. Aegis of Immortality
This is very similar to Wonder Woman's bracers. It also has a 10s damage resistance like all shields. It also reflects damage when blocking, but doesn't seem as powerful as Wonder Woman's.

Note: Circe's handblasters have 1 combo that's different than our player characters. Instead of a scissor kick, she has a faster conal blast.

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

III. Wonder Woman Vision Application

There's more to some of Wonder Woman's loadouts than just pushing the button/key. I've marked these with *.

A. Amazonian Aegis
This is a downward shield slam that's great for taking out adds. In many parts of the vision, you'll be surrounded by adds or have a boss with multiple adds. When everyone gets close, just clip into this loadout for a nice AoE knockback. Then concentrate on taking out the enemy with lowest health. Pop it again when the mob closes in.

B. Lasso Thrash
This forward stun hits multiple targets and is also great for clipping any of the shield's melee combos. For one-on-one fights, I like alternating this with Amazonian Aegis. When you come across the guard dogs, you can lunge and clip into this to stun them before they bite. This is especially useful in the final fight if you position yourself facing the gate that the adds enter from. You'll be damaging Ptolema and KO'ing the adds with one move.

C. Monolith
This works like any object toss, but hits multiple targets like fire's meteor. This is useful for initiating the fight when there's more than one enemy at range. This can also be slammed at melee range, but I prefer Aegis or Lasso for speed. Something else about this one is you'll snap right out of combat slo-mo when you pop this. Then then you can go into supersonic flight. I pop this loadout for checkpoints that have a long distance in between to cut the time of the instance.

D. Truth Lasso*
In many parts of the vision, there will be a lone harpy in the air or a single soldier moving in. This move is perfect for these situations as it's a single target pull & stun. That's not all though. Once you pull the enemy in, HOLD melee again to kick them in the face! To maximize damage, use the new and improved shield toss and clip into the Lasso pull... always good to slip in that one extra hit! This move has an almost immediate cooldown, so it's great to spam for one-on-one fights. I use it even at melee range just to get the damage of the kick.

E. Coup de Grace*
Hit the loadout the first time and it seems like this one doesn't do much. The way to use this one is tap melee then hold melee. Damage multiplies when your enemy's health is below 35%. I'll use this for boss fights, typically towards the beginning and then again for the knockout towards then end when it's had a chance to cooldown.

F. Bracer Deflection*
Like other shields, it's a 10s damage prevention. However, if you've ever faced Wonder Woman or Donna Troy in this game, you'll know to hold block as soon as you pop this. It will reflect damage in all directions (seems to have a damage bonus too). This is great for mobs and the final boss fight. When I see a crowd of adds, I'll lunge right in and use this loadout... block for 10s and then immediately use the Amazonian Aegis AoE. That combination alone will take out all of the weaker adds, leaving a one-on-one fight.

Every single one of the six loadouts has a practical use in the vision challenge!

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

IV. Standard Walkthroughs

A. Circe's Trial
Looking back at this instance, I realized that there's really nothing complex in here until the final boss, so you might want to skip to 9:23. I demonstrate how to split up the 3 armored guards and this pattern work every time. I also rolled the harder of the 2 bosses, the brawler. The pattern she follows is scripted like a Broadway play.

B. Aegis of Truth
A lot of feedback in-game and on the forums shows that many are not using WW's loadouts to their highest potential. Check out this video to learn how and when to use Coup de Grace, Lasso Pull & Bracer Deflection. Master these you'll wonder why this challenge lacks a boss fight.

Please note that both of these videos were shot before the bosses got hit hard with the nerf hammer. I decided to leave them as is to expose more of their patterns. When you actually run these, you'll find their health significantly lower than in the demos above. Your run times will be 25-33% faster than these videos.

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

V. Feats

A. Circe's Trial

1. One Woman Army - "Complete the Iconic Vision: Circe's Trial solo instance without using her Legends loadout pet powers: Summon: Bestiamorph Berserker, Mirror Image"

This is the shortest of the Circe feats because it only takes one run to complete. Typically, the pets come in handy for boss fights or battle with a lot of adds. To get this feat, you just have to take it slow and safe. Kite enemies back to you so that you're not fighting too many at once.

2. Witch Trial - "Complete the Iconic Vision: Circe's Trial solo instance once without activating her deceptions, and once after activating all of them"

This takes 2 runs to complete. The easier of the runs is obviously the one where you activate the deceptions, so you might even want to double up and work "One Woman Army" at the same time. For the run where you don't activate them, definitely make use of your pet loadouts. The deception after the midboss is one of the tougher fights, but you can grab the health barrel from the previous zone if you didn't use it up.

3. Happy, Hippolyta? - "Without letting your ally get knocked out, complete the Iconic Vision: Circe's Trial solo instance with every combination of Daring Statues and allies"

This one got so much attention on the DCUO forums, so I'm going to break it out to it's own section. Click here.

B. Aegis of Truth

1. I Got This - "During the final fight in the Iconic Vision: Aegis of Truth solo instance, allow your Amazon allies to rest and do not rally them"

I always felt this one was odd... as if the devs got it backwards. If you go for picking up your allies, you have a relentless general and 2 adds that are going to be getting free hits on you. So the feat run is actually easier than a "standard" run. They should have made the feat for picking up all allies and called it "On Your Feet Soldier!"

2. Temple of Boom - "Defeat each of the Temple Guardians in the Iconic Vision: Aegis of Truth solo instance"

This is a luck-based one where you have to fight all of the random midbosses. The good news is that the percentages are pretty equal and you should have them at 2 weeks max. In other words, it's not lopsided like the Knightsdome feat where many players got stuck on Ghizmo or Superboy... or trying to get Batman for "Corner of Gotham and Vine!"

C. General

1. Time After Time - "Complete 100 Iconic challenge solo instances"
These 2 challenges count towards the 100 iconics feat if you didn't already get it spamming Huntress & Bizarro from Origin Crisis.

2. Amazon Grace - "Collect all styles in the Amazon Soldier set"
The entire set of "Amazon Soldier" drops from these 2 instances (as well as the duos). Like "Temple of Boom," this is luck-based, but evenly spread out. There's no Sharpshooter/Mayan issue here! You should have this in about 2 weeks as well.

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

VI. Happy, Hippolyta?

A. Video
This video contains the final fights to all 4 combinations in their entirety. I thought it was important not to cut out the earlier rounds before the boss to show that the split technique is easily repeatable and has very little to do with luck. I was originally only going to film the last step in the feat, but then ended up getting the 3 combinations I already had over and over... and over!

Chapters
00:00 - Intro
01:30 - Harpy vs Warrior
08:00 - Harpy vs Archer
13:30 - Cyclops vs Archer
19:40 - Cyclops vs Warrior

B. Why You Should Do This

There are a lot of complaints about this feat mainly because it's not something you can do in one day or one week.

1) If you just forget about and run this solo naturally as a daily, you'll get at least 2/4 by mistake (the archer combos). You may even get 3/4 (harpy + warrior). Only the cyclops + warrior combination requires effort. It's the one most people get stuck on.

2) Attempting this feat opens up holes in the final boss' patterns. You'll learn how to fake them into your counter attacks. You'll learn how to use your environment.

3) Because you need to draw aggro and heal your ally in a timely manner, this feat doubles as a tank and healer tutorial.

4) If you fail one of the feat components for the day, you still get the rewards for the challenge. This is not the case for feats like "Corner of Gotham and Vine." Same case for the Primevals. Every minute you farm that one except for the 4 nodes for your daily, you're wasting time and getting no marks. I earned this on all 3 of my T6 toons and don't plan on buying it for any future ones.

C. Live Demos
If anyone needs live demos of any techniques used here, please contact me here or in game. I can substitute most of Circe's moves with Aleena's celestial ones. If our league hall still has placement spots left in the basement, I can simulate the arena.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Library All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: