FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Crossplay Thoughts

Cross Play FAQ / Summaries
This topic is basically the DCUO forums over the past couple of days, but these 2 threads summarize things well with official DEV replies:
https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/cross-play-faqs.235613/
https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/this-is-what-the-devs-have-said-about-cross-play.235601/

Name Conflict Resolution
This is not written in stone, but it will give you some idea on your toon's name. If applied to league name conflicts, USPC would likely win any comparison.
https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/name-validation-and-cross-play.235439/page-30#post-3057186
Dametria
Dametria_DCUO
Star

Queen Carlynn will be reunited with her Batwiggles!! XD

It seems like good idea, more players and all... But in reality it will be disaster. Im not against it but like most players said too many things can go wrong.

First the names, lets see if 2 active players has the same name? How can we even decice who should take it? That`s not even fair to force one to change his name (or to change it for him/her), besides will the ppl who were FORCED to change the name be given free respect token? If not this will be major "screw you" from the devs towards players.

Second the players will divide simple of that tha PC players are faster in combos i saw few PS you tube videos i don`t think there is a way for dps from PS to compete against PC therefore most groups wouldn`t want PS player in group (soo its against whole idea behind crossplay).

Third the leagues, we have like 460 members, there is JG league on the PS also, don`t know how many members but im willing to bet over 50, soo its above the cap besides im sure many other players would like to join (im already decline most of ppl who wants to join, and yes they ask all the time). Other issue in the league is kinda minor one but worth mentioning what bout the ranks? PS JG most likely have their own officers and senior officers, on one hand why they should be demoted after the merge but on the other how is that fair to PC below officer ranks that someone that they don`t know suddenly is captain or officer?
Betty Bedrock
Luna Vestara
New Girl

The last part of your post assumes that there is currently a clearly defined system for increasing rank within the league on either side (good and ebil). As far as I can tell it is based on the thoughts and preferences of the current leadership -- I remember posting a series of questions about this over a year ago and to date have received no response. So if PC and PS merge, then the officer/captain stuff will be determined by current leadership and the merged members will either accept the roles or seek other opportunities...

Luna Vestara, Heloise Villefort, Charity Tonun -- Justice Girls Dark (Villains)

Rose Acrimony -- Justice Girls (Heroes)

Zane Thanatos, Hannibal Nike, Sam Bakula, Colonel Knightro -- Helix Enterprise (Heroes)

Alia Beckett, Lily Death, Trent Roogna -- Ultra Industries (Villains)

Mercy Nomoore -- TheYellowLanternCorps (Villains)

Mr Forklift -- Free Agents (Heroes)

Unaffiliated Heroes -- Edmond Dantes, Dee Chameleon, Captain Atabal, Pym Maximus

Unaffiliated Villains -- Betty Bedrock, Cardinal Outrage, Bambi Blaze
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

RE: League Name Conflict
There will be 2 JG leagues after the merge (as well as 2 JGD). Based on database fields they're considering for conflicts (as mentioned in Larry Liberty's post above), the PC side would remain unchanged while the PS side would get renamed to "Justice Girls_PS" (or something like that). SOE would never do a forced merge of 2 leagues because 2 leagues of the same name are not associated in the tables and may not even be associated by word of mouth. If we do end up running the 2 leagues together, the PS faction actually has cap room to absorb our removed alts AND space to invite new people. They are at ~80 toons at the moment.

JGD might be a different story because both PC & PS versions have cap room. It's possible for one to absorb the other manually (after the merger). It just depends on what the leaders on both sides want to do.
Kate Smith
New Girl

Yeah i get that they`ll prolly change the name to Justice Girls_PS or something, but i would much more preffered too see the members cap raised then to have second JG league out there.

Luna Vestara wrote:
The last part of your post assumes that there is currently a clearly defined system for increasing rank within the league on either side (good and ebil). As far as I can tell it is based on the thoughts and preferences of the current leadership

Well yeah, cuz for me it is clear system "You help others, you`re visible, making raids, alerts etc... You get promoted" i don`t see what is not clear with that? You want rank system based on performance? We`re not that kind of league it would be majory unfair to casual players who just want to have fun. I`m officer so you can take this replay as response for your questions. But then again if you have other ideas don`t be afraid to bring them up.
Little Mermaid
Diva

I am open-minded for this whole crossplay. I'm excited to play with some fellow forums friends as well as fellow JG's on the PC. Celeste and I have been discussing about this on FB. She's happy and all to be playing with us but she also fears that she'll have no role to play in terms of ranks and league management. Anyways, I really don't agree with Justice Girls_PS TBH. If we're going to be in one server soon, there can only be one JG. I'd rather have them become a sister league to us rather than be stuck with _PS. That's just my opinion. They're still affiliated to us of course just not as JG, think of JL and JSA. Also, I think we need to do some amendments in our roster. Still full of in-actives if you ask me.

Alexis Allura
Diva

The making one Justice Girls is probably going to be the biggest problem. When Celeste was MIA for a while most agreed Justice Girls_PS would be better then to have another term added to the end of it if a new league was needed. And even after a good name is decided if we can't do a complete merge then there will be other issues.

Communication between the two leagues. Right now even though we have tons of people in the custom justicegirls channel who may be on alts when making alerts and raids we tend to ask in league first. Even when not doing content just talking we tend to stick mostly to league chat.

Kate Smith wrote:
Yeah i get that they`ll prolly change the name to Justice Girls_PS or something, but i would much more preffered too see the members cap raised then to have second JG league out there.

Luna Vestara wrote:
The last part of your post assumes that there is currently a clearly defined system for increasing rank within the league on either side (good and ebil). As far as I can tell it is based on the thoughts and preferences of the current leadership

Well yeah, cuz for me it is clear system "You help others, you`re visible, making raids, alerts etc... You get promoted" i don`t see what is not clear with that? You want rank system based on performance? We`re not that kind of league it would be majory unfair to casual players who just want to have fun. I`m officer so you can take this replay as response for your questions. But then again if you have other ideas don`t be afraid to bring them up.

Since it is possible that you play primarily on the hero side, I will not take full offense to your statement regarding play and visibility. Luna Vestara has been a member of JGD for over 600 days. In that time, while I may have not been as visible at times as others, I have logged in to Luna almost every day and played. I have also spent countless hours helping others level up or play content I had no interest in because I wanted to keep them involved in the league. On top of that, I monitor the global JG channel and have helped numerous times with my other toons that are not affiliated with JG or JGD. As far as bringing up ideas, I have done that as well.

Frankly, your perceived flippant response is insulting and not one I would expect of any officer. You could have phrased it more diplomatically, but chose not to. THat is a shame.

Luna Vestara, Heloise Villefort, Charity Tonun -- Justice Girls Dark (Villains)

Rose Acrimony -- Justice Girls (Heroes)

Zane Thanatos, Hannibal Nike, Sam Bakula, Colonel Knightro -- Helix Enterprise (Heroes)

Alia Beckett, Lily Death, Trent Roogna -- Ultra Industries (Villains)

Mercy Nomoore -- TheYellowLanternCorps (Villains)

Mr Forklift -- Free Agents (Heroes)

Unaffiliated Heroes -- Edmond Dantes, Dee Chameleon, Captain Atabal, Pym Maximus

Unaffiliated Villains -- Betty Bedrock, Cardinal Outrage, Bambi Blaze
Kate Smith
New Girl

Firt off The Villain side has diffrent rules for the promotions, and i am not officer on that side so i don`t feel right to speak about that but if you feel you deserve promotion you can always talk about that with the senior officer over there. And yes my response may be flippant althou didn`t mean to insult you, if u took offense in that im sorry, i responded in the same manor as the question was asked (wich i didn`t take offense cuz this is not primary thread for that topic).

Good morning Justice Girls! I just wanted to swing by and give my two cents on the "merger". A lot of the important fine details will be worked out between Super, Ball and myself. However, I will express my opinion publicly Bc that's how it should be. I have even discussing the issue (yes, it has now become an issue), with my closest officers and Mermaid. My personal feelings on this matter, while possibly irrelevant and holding no weight in the final outcome, are that the Justice Girls are the Justice Girls.. Period.. PC and PS were a necessity when the PS side first started up and had to register on this site and designate themselves as such to avoid confusion. Yes, the JG PC, are obviously the flagship league. Over a decade in the making and legends of the game. That being said, we on the PS server are excited to become, if i can quote Mermaid, "part of your world". What's with all of the apprehension? Are we not Justice Girls? Did myself and all of my dedicated officers work diligently and painstakingly to build a league under the guise of something special that we believed in as the Justice Girls, only to now find out that we are second rate? Not truly a part of the family? If this is the case, and I have played over a year under the impression that I have been a Justice Girl, when in reality, I've been a much less significant version, I will step away. That's not what I understood the JG to be about. We are one team and one family. That's what drew me in and that's what draws ALL members from ALL servers..

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Celeste Arcana<USPS> wrote:
Good morning Justice Girls! I just wanted to swing by and give my two cents on the "merger". A lot of the important fine details will be worked out between Super, Ball and myself. However, I will express my opinion publicly Bc that's how it should be.

I have even discussing the issue (yes, it has now become an issue), with my closest officers and Mermaid. My personal feelings on this matter, while possibly irrelevant and holding no weight in the final outcome, are that the Justice Girls are the Justice Girls.. Period.. PC and PS were a necessity when the PS side first started up and had to register on this site and designate themselves as such to avoid confusion.

Yes, the JG PC, are obviously the flagship league. Over a decade in the making and legends of the game. That being said, we on the PS server are excited to become, if i can quote Mermaid, "part of your world". What's with all of the apprehension? Are we not Justice Girls? Did myself and all of my dedicated officers work diligently and painstakingly to build a league under the guise of something special that we believed in as the Justice Girls, only to now find out that we are second rate? Not truly a part of the family?

If this is the case, and I have played over a year under the impression that I have been a Justice Girl, when in reality, I've been a much less significant version, I will step away. That's not what I understood the JG to be about. We are one team and one family. That's what drew me in and that's what draws ALL members from ALL servers..

Hello Celeste-

You're the missing link to this thread!

I don't think anyone here considers PS to be second rate. We're just stating facts. What we manually do after the automatic changes of the merger still needs to be worked out. Will it be possible to combine both into one physical league or can we work around communications to run 2 physical? The label we each have under our toons is just a label. We'll be one league in spirit no matter what.

The pro of a single league is obviously communications and the league chat Alexis mentioned. The pro of 2 (physical) leagues is we together would have a 1000 toon limit. The current PC side has well over 1000 toons, most of which are active alts that had to be removed.

- Team Goldenblade
Kate Smith
New Girl

For me it is not issue of being second rate or not cuz PS JG`s are the same JG as PC just diffrent server, the issue is bout that damn members cap. Worst case scenario we would have to do make JG only main toon league or max 2 toons, and then make another JG backup or something like that. But i do believe the league members cap issue should be brought to devs.

The member cap is indeed the biggest issue right now with the league merger. I suggested a complete audit of both sides to free up space that could otherwise be utilized by much more active members. Even if it means just removing alts. By the end of the audit there will undoubtedly be plenty of room for all remaining members on the USPS to be absorbed.

SunGoddess
Star

LOL, how soon do y'all think this is coming. I am guessing, not for quite a while.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: