B'Day - wyld Kard
B'Day - Biomis
B'Day - Raarsi
B'Day - Psylinke
B'Day - Navigator333
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Celeste Arcana
New Girl

re: Crossplay Thoughts

Not for a while no.

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

SunGoddess wrote:
LOL, how soon do y'all think this is coming. I am guessing, not for quite a while.

They're shooting for end of April if all goes well.
Alexis Allura
Diva

SunGoddess wrote:
LOL, how soon do y'all think this is coming. I am guessing, not for quite a while.

My guess would be a year from now atleast. I really think they just used the news to stop the hate they were getting from the name purge.

Edit:
Team Goldenblade wrote:
SunGoddess wrote:

They're shooting for end of April if all goes well.

I really should make sure threads don't have multiple pages before I post. So maybe April or May then.

...and XBox will be in the mix as well. At least there are no conflicts there! But the future population will be mind blowing. I hope they have the hardware for lots of phases.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Celeste Arcana
New Girl

I hope they are smart enough to increase the league member cap by a significant amount..

DC_Doll

Hi. Miss you girls. How is every bunny? I've been talking with Mermaid and Celeste too and I think it could be very feasible to merge in to the Justice Girls PC league. PC is at roughly 460-470 from what Mermaid was telling me? And PS is around 30 active members. Mathematically if we curb recruitment and/or if need be remove characters that have been inactive past a set timeframe, it wouldn't be a problem. While I personally dislike the idea of turning down new recruits, I do think it's only fair to put our current members first. These are just my suggestions however. Feel free to improve or debate any wrinkles so we can reach the smoothest agreement possible :D

DC_Doll wrote:
Mathematically if we curb recruitment and/or if need be remove characters that have been inactive past a set timeframe, it wouldn't be a problem.

There is problem, cuz we already did that and the 470 number is even after Bursty and i kicked the ppl who had their names changed (only officer ranks were left intact). Yeah i know hard to believe it but we have roughly around 470 active members, alts and all.

DC_Doll wrote:
While I personally dislike the idea of turning down new recruits, I do think it's only fair to put our current members first.

Yup, i agree, at least we could screen ppl more not taking below certain CR anymore. Most ppl im turning down for invite are not even 30 level yet, i honestly don`t think anyone can say if he/she will become active player till certain CR.
BallandChain
Diva

We would happily welcome the PS Justice Girls to our happy PC family! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they will raise the member cap....we shall see
Super Power
Commander

The PC and PS girls are family. I would prefer them all to be under the Justice Girl banner. Hopefully they raise the member cap, thats the only issue
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

I hope burst dun delete my alts to make room like she did wif Veronica Mars.

Just brainstorming a couple of scenarios if the 500 limit stands:

1) 3 toon limit + as much trimming as possible: We're currently 470 toons. I saw that there was some cleaning with the tagged names (_I_I) from the reclaim. So we're probably clean going back to 18 months of activity? Any cleaning under 18 months would be the same as the initial trimming where we may end up kicking an active toon and will need to reinvite back.

2) 2 toon limit as a fallback: If we estimate that everyone has 3 toons, then that's about 157 players. Trimming down to 2 would put us at about 314. That should be a healthy number to merge & still have breathing room.

Questions for Celeste:
Census says JGPS has 80ish toons. Do you know roughly where that would be at if everyone trimmed to...
- 3 toons?
- 2 toons?
Dametria
Dametria_DCUO
Star

So it seems Celeste has taken a leave of absence again, and promoted Amanda Bailey to league leader. Bails had some questions/concerns about cross play, so I directed her here and hopefully she will sign up for an account so she can join in the discussion.

Here's my reply to her and Golden Dodge...

It would be wonderful if JG (both PC & PS) could have a plan in place already, but the truth of it is we don't really know at this point exactly how cross play will affect certain aspects of the game, because I don't think the devs know that yet.

I ask one of my friends who plays FFXIV, which if you don't know has cross play btwn PC and PS. He said the platforms both use the same chat/voice. Our custom league chat channel on PC is also named 'justicegirls' so I don't think there will be any issue except it will be busier, LOL.

Your league is probably going to be tagged Justice Girls_PS....but I also think that there's a really good chance the member cap will be increased (maybe removed?). And if it isn't then we deal with it like we would have before cross play.

Personally...the _PS after your league name would just be an indicator of what platform you guys are on. We are all sisters now, and cross play will just mean we finally get to play together. Happy

Ball and Super are the OWNERS of the league regardless of what platform...and as long as everyone respects that, there really is no need for anything to change. The PS sisters are not second class citizens and should NEVER feel that way or be made to feel that way. That applies to JGD as well.

I've always felt Justice Girls has become more than a league, it's an ideal. It's a sisterhood made up of many different people, who are united by a love of gaming and a spirit of wanting to share fun and laughter with others. The PS sisters are like missionaries taking our message to another land (platform) and soon we will welcome them home with their converts and be one huge family. :D

There was an update on Crossplay by Mepps on Sourcecast, so it's not totally dead after the Daybreak transition and Larry Liberty departure. The devs are meeting and planning it, but there is no timeline. Even 2015 is questionable, but it will eventually happen.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Golden Dodge
Star

Well, after the recent cross chat working and the posts by Mepps in the last (2) days we have an idea on the upcoming cross-play. Looking forward to playing with all of you on both sides of the coin. I am the primary member of JGD on the PS side and also with Celeste and a few others on the JG team.

Pandarve
Star

In the event that they do not increase league member cap I would be happy to remove my 2 alts from JG in order that some of our sisters can get their mains merged in when the cross-play goes live. Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: