FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Morrigan
Scarlet Morrigan
Star

re: SM Presents: Hecatee pt 9

Hecatee, part 9: Damn dirty robots
DC Comics characters are property of DC Comics

Hecatee only wanted to be normal. But how normal can you be when you have been abducted by alien robots?

Hecatee awoke to find herself trapped in a pod of some kind. How did she get here? Everything was a blur as she pushed on the glass but to no avail. As her head began to clear, she focused, felt the mystical power of the universe surge through her hands and shatter the glass. She climbed out of the pod and looked around. Where was she? There were several other pods about the room, with people trapped inside. First she had to get out, maybe worry about the others later. Then she remembered the robot spider. Was this a spaceship? She felt a vibration in her pocket, so she reached up and pushed the button on her Bluetooth earpiece. “Hello” she whispered. She heard a voice, it said “Very nice, we’ve got a live one. It is Calculator and I am going to try to get you off this ship alive. First thing is to find a door or something similar.”

“ok, I see a door, but there is a robot in front of it. What do I do?”

“take it out” came the response

Hecatee, the sorceress, approached the door and raised her hand. A blast of energy toasted the robot and it crumpled to the floor. As she headed for the door, the voice in her ear said “The ship knows you are awake and free. Are you ready to fight your way out?”

“Not really. I am not a fighter…… I just do magic”

“Watch it, they are gathering behind that door”

The door opened and there were 3 more robots there. She raised her hands above her head and they began to glow with mystical power. 2 of the robots fell to the ground, wrapped in a magical glow. The third came towards her. Hecatee put her hands together and discharge of power flew from them and knocked the android to the other side of the room. “What is going on” she shouted

“You are in a Brainiac ship above Metropolis, and we need to get you out”.

“What is a Brainiac?”

“Brainiac is a super-intelligent alien. He travels from planet to planet, consuming the knowledge of the inhabitants of the planet and then he destroys it. And now he has come to Earth. But Lex Luthor came from the future and scattered some of Brainiac’s technology all over the earth. Brainiac is abducting people with exobyte given powers. He is trying to get his technology back”

Hecatee thought for a moment. “The only tech I have is the contacts you gave me”. She closed her eyes, counted to 3, and opened her eyes again. Her display was up and she could see her vitals and a map of the ship.

“Those are not Brainiac tech, I designed those based on some plans I stole, uhm… acquired from Wayne Tech. You must have been infected by the exobytes”

“uhm.. ok, what is an exobyte?”

“An Exobyte is a miniature nanite roughly the size of a flea. Capable of downloading near infinite amounts of data and energy, the nanite is capable of killing an opponent by entering their body and digitizing them cell by cell, usually analyzing them in the process. It can also cause those infected to inherit meta human and magical powers and other abilities.”

“but my powers are inherited. It was past from my grandfather to me. He is Baal, you know eternal being, demon kind of thing.”

“Yes I know, information is my job. But you need to get moving. Hurry”

Hecatee headed down the hall and came to a large room. At the far end of the room she saw an opening, but between her and it was another giant spider robot. This one was bigger than the one she had seen near her apartment. “A little help here” she begged

“That is an overseer, those are no joke. There is a transport tube above you, they criss-cross the ship. Use it to get out of there”

“great” she thought, “here goes nothing”. Hecatee began to run towards the overseer, hoping a surprise attack would be in her favor. But the overseer saw her and turned towards her. It began to clatter in her direction. As she approached it, she realized she was no longer running, she was floating. She looked at the opening above and leaned forward. She shot like a rocket into the transport tube. This was something Baal had not trained her for. She followed the tubes until she came to what appeared to be a trash pile, she heard a voice inside the ship say “All units move into position, stop the human”. Hecatee marched into the room and started across the pile of debris. A robot attacked her and once again reached out with her hand a blasted the machine. But there was something in the corner of her eye that caught her attention. The young sorceress turned and saw a bow and a quiver of arrows. She slung the quiver over her back, and then took the bow in her left hand. She noticed the red dots on her display and turn back to the oncoming robots. Without thinking, she reached back, pulled an arrow from its resting place, drew back the string and fired. The metal head of the android exploded with the hit. Hecatee began to make her way across the room again, and a combo of arrows and mystical blast destroyed everything that tried to stop her.

Hecatee continued to make her way through the ship, until Calculator said “The main gun is just ahead, destroy it and the blow back will disrupt the ship’s shields. Then we can get on board and shut this thing down”.

“How much farther is this? And I can’t get any help?”

“Once the ship’s shields are down, we can get you some help. But you need to keep going. You are doing ….. an adequate job”.

Hecatee thought “Thanks for the encouragement and confidence”, but moved forward. She entered the gun chamber then with a few arrows and a magic blast she had taken out 3 robots and was destroying the first power coupling. As she moved towards the second coupling, more robots transported in. She wrapped herself in a protective bubble and fired a volley of arrows at the robots. They were handled in short order, as well as the second & third coupling. “Last one” she thought, as she approached the final coupling. Another group of robots transported in and attacked her. The first one blasted her with and energy ball and sent her stumbling backwards. She had enough of these robots. She discharged energy that knocked all the robots backwards, and then she cast a giant circle that caused damage to the metal assailants. A few quickly launched arrows and the aggressors and the fourth coupling was done for. A larger robot appeared. The android sent an energy pulse that hit Hecatee and she staggered backwards. She quickly recovered as she leaped into the air and fired a volley or arrows at the robot. A magical blast from her hand and a couple of more arrows made the robot think twice, but that did not stop it. The robot fired beams of energy at Hecatee, and she once again conjured a protective barrier. She cast a curse on the automaton, which cause him to wobble, and she fired several arrows that finally brought him down. She heard Calculator’s voice say “Lex, the shields are down. Prepare for transport”. Rapidly a boom tube like transport began to glow and Lex Luthor appeared. Hecatee knew who Lex Luthor was. She had seen him on TV because he was famous. But what was he doing here?

The voice of Brainiac is heard throughout the ship “Foolish human, you will go down with this ship”.

Out of nowhere, the ships teleporters became active and robots began to pour into the room. “Help me destroy Brianiac’s fodder while Calculator hacks the ship’s systems” shouted Luthor. While Lex used his technology, Hecatee summoned her mystical powers and continued to fight off the androids. It seemed like forever before the robots stopped appearing. Lex said “You have done well. Calculator will transport you out. Now hurry, while I finish here.” Hecatee flew to a transporter and she was transported off the ship.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: