ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: T7 Rollover Prepwork

I. R & D

A. Materials
Currently the simples are worthless and the complex are worth slightly more than bit stacks. Whenever a new tier of crafting is introduced, these items will jump significantly in price. Based on past patterns, complex may jump to $300K and simples around $80K per stack. If you have the inventory space, save these up. It's free money!

B. Type VII Crafting
Based on the current pattern, a Type VII mod will be made from...
- 21 Bytes
- 14 Simples
- 6 Complex
- 1 focusing element VII

II. Styles
Concentrate on farming these if you have no more gear to work on. These will roll up to the new mark when T7 hits, and thus would be harder to work towards. Drop back to the easier AF1 content for quick marks if you're not doing anything else.

III. Tier Payouts
A. Consider Your Current Tier
B. Will I get paid?
C. Examples
[click here for details]

IV. Currency Conversion
A. The Math (below T6)
B. The Math (T6)
C. What to do with extras?
D. New CR Calculation & Currency
[click here for details]

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Fri May 01, 2015 9:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Mepps posted this at the same time.. LOL. So more actual detail here...
https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/whats-next-for-dcuo-new-plans-for-future-episodes.249158/

All of the above post still applies, but...

1) You'll want to be close to max MoF during the changeover because those will convert to the new currency (Marks of Victory) at a 1:1 ratio.

2) Symbols will be removed... which will allow us to grab styles from DLCs we skipped.

3) Because earnings will be the same per tier at a single currency, it means that we can no longer get more earnings from higher content to go back and buy older styles. So get those lower tiered styles finished as quickly as possible!
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

III. Tier Payouts

A. Consider Your Current Tier
Something important to consider. If you have not completed all T6 vendor gear, under the new system, it's more beneficial for you to stay T6. Otherwise, you will need to run T7 to buy the T6 gear. So it seems odd, but you may want to keep your CR on hold if you have not completed all vendor gear.

B. Will I get paid?
• Tier 2 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 43 – 54
• Tier 3 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 53 – 79
• Tier 4 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 70 – 90
• Tier 5 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 84 – 104
• Tier 6 - Eligible to receive Marks between Combat Rating 99 – 116
[Updated to reflect the tier relevancy expansion]

C. Examples

1. I have Alyssa at 112 right now. She still needs to complete the HoP & AF2 vendor gear. So right now it would be wise for me to keep her below 117. T6 is a sweetspot at the moment because it allows all T6 content & the new T7 episode. If she hits 117, she would be locked out of T6.

2. You should stay at tier until you complete the style feats for each on, otherwise you'll be farming them while earning no currency for rewards.

3. Feats like 250 bottles and 500 CC bounties that last well beyond their tier will pay nothing once you get out of the tier. So do as many of those at tier if possible.

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Fri May 15, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Alexis Allura
Diva

I dislike two things about the new system.

Not getting marks outside your tier. It encourages people not to help people outside their tier. It sounds like even things like Necro and Artifacts won't give upper T6 any rewards let along things like Nexus, Wave, ad A&B.

Then the mark limit. If everything is using MoV then 100 seems very low. It was low when it was just buying gear in one tier. Now it goes for all tiers, generators, and R&D.

I don't like the no rewards thing either. The devs will see a huge drop in traffic on old instances. A while back, Inferno wanted to run a T1 alert at tier or close to it. No one was logged on under 100 even. I switched to Aleena at T3 and we tried to LFG the 2 spots. Even there, we couldn't find anyone T1-T3. We ended up queueing and got carried by T6 players. Under the new rules, we would have never been able to run it at all. I can understand a penalty similar to how prestige is awarded, but 0 marks really kills things.

The mark limit might be OK depending on pricing of things. If I took a guess, the vendor weapon would be the most expensive at 35 MoV. If you boosted all 4 mainframe items, that would amount to 28 MoV for 60 days. So 100 should cover it OK, especially since we don't have to worry about the ratio of earnings with symbols.

The release schedule of content is set in stone, but the tier rewards are still up for discussion. If anyone is concerned about this, please add your thoughts to the official thread...
https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/whats-next-for-dcuo-new-plans-for-future-episodes.249158/

This can change with enough positive feedback.
Alexis Allura
Diva

I can see the older tiers filling out when the servers merge whenever it happens. And I guess if not many reasons for high players to go into older content then it will leave newer players stuck in those tiers longer.

I am going to try a little over there. But thinking about it more raids like Artifacts, Necro, and Lockdown really concern me now. You either get gear or a mark usually a mark. Unless that extra mark is an except to relevant content there is a chance of running them without a style or a mark reward.

re: lockboxes

the "whats next" post specifically said that items in your inventory that grant marks when consumed will no longer grant marks only other stuff so don't bother saving your lockboxes because they don't give orange cr gear anymore anyways.
Burst Angel
Diva

re: also mark limit

back when we had different marks for each tier waayyyyy back in the day the limit was 100, it was never an issue for most people, although we didn't have to pay rent but still the mark limit itself should only be a nuisance if you use a lot of replays, otherwise you should be able to stay below it just by buying your gears along the way, since it's clear we cant count on drops anymore.
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

I'm scared... Hold me..

Same the more I read the more concern I become. It sounds like we can't low woman or solo old content and even at top tier all content will be challenging.

I don't see why we can't get marks for that content if they plan on making it challenging for us again

So as annoying as it might be, what's to stop people from keeping lower-tier sets to farm all that earlier content for marks? That would continue to make the old content challenging while still being able to get marks from it.

.....actually, maybe it'll be easier just to gripe and moan at devs about it, because the solution of twinking to counter the tier restrictions on marks sounds a lot more irritating than being punished for helping newer players get up to speed.

Raarsi wrote:
So as annoying as it might be, what's to stop people from keeping lower-tier sets to farm all that earlier content for marks? That would continue to make the old content challenging while still being able to get marks from it.

Various reasons, bank/inventory space, marks caps, and i can`t stress it enough while it`s cool to do lower content in some for of challanging way once in, a while i don`t see myself doing foses in t2 gear just so i can get 1 stinky Oolong style piece...

Besides it`s stupid, so what? No marks for DOX, AnB, NECRO, ARTI, LD?? WTF DEVS?
LD is still frikking hard instance (especially when ppl don`t know what the hell to do), and we don`t get marks for that just cuz im over that tier?

I thought the whole purpose of the SYMBOL system was so ppl don`t get the new tier gears too fast and it worked, but fuck new gears costs twice the Marks then symbols, if we get marks only according our gear tier then it`s so stupid i cant even comprehend who would came up with that? Preety sure its not sane person.

Commander

IV. Currency Conversion
Be sure to calculate your currency when we get close to the cutover. You'll want to make sure your total amount is less than 100 MoV. Anything over that will be lost. Be especially careful on T6 toons as you will be adding the MoT conversion with your MoF count. The total must be 100 or less.

A. The Math (below T6)
CR 0 to 42 (Level 1 - T1)
- 1:1 conversion
- Spend any MoTs you have over 100

CR 43 to 52 (T2)
- 5:1 conversion
- Spend any MoTs you have over 500

CR 53 to 69 (T3)
- 25:1 conversion
- Spend any MoTs you have over 2,500

CR 70 to 83 (T4)
- 125:1 conversion
- Spend any MoTs you have over 12,500

CR 84 to 99 (T5)
- 625:1 conversion
- Spend any MoTs you have over 62,500

B. The Math (T6)
- 1:1 MoF conversion
- 1565:1 MoT conversion
- Consider your MoF, then calculate your MoT conversion after

1) First subtract your MoF total from 100
2) Take the result and multiple by 1,565
3) Spend any MoTs you have over that number

C. What to do with extras?
- Have all token of merit feats?
- Buy all the vendor plans?
- Got extra gear slots? Buy synthetic V & V Experts
- Stock up on catalysts (consumables & transumting) as these will cost MoV going forward
- Buy T5 vendor gear for tribute/prestige

D. New CR Calculation & Currency
If your character is close to the end of the tier, rest assured that currency conversion will be based on your pre-GU47 CR and not your CR on the new algorithm. In other words, you won't lose 80% marks if your toon jumps a tier after the update. Confirmation from Tunso is here...

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu47-query-order-currency-or-cr.250689/#post-3229751

E. Misc

1. Cases of Marks: If you have cases of marks in your inventory, you need to consume them before GU47. These will not convert over. You will lose them!

2. Symbols: Ignore these as they will be removed with GU47.

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Fri May 01, 2015 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Updated with my guide format:
- OP updated because Mepps posted the real info the same time I was speculating
- OP links down to newer posts
- More details on calculating your marks so you don't lose anything

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Golden Dodge
Star

Love the post. I don't know if you noticed it in the forums. Odyssey updated their CR calculator to match the new cr figures provided. It helps give an idea where you will be once gu 47 hits. I have several alts shooting up from t3 to t4 or even t5 in a few cases.

http://www.odyssey-gaming.net/combatrating
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: