FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Episode 23 / GU 59 Feedback

Forum Image

For those who have played Episode 23, please share your thoughts on:
- the storyline/dialog/voice acting
- artwork/graphics
- mechanics/difficulty
- rewards (gear/base items)

1) Brainiac's Bottle Ship Raid

2) Will of Darkseid Duo

3) Loot Picker in All Tiers

4) Survival: Fortress of Solitude

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Pandarve
Star

With all the issues of late the only thing I have any actual experience with at the moment is the loot picker for all tiers. While it isn't what I was expecting as I was thinking they where going to make the loot all unattuned it is nice to at least be able to have a little more control over what you actually get from the boss kill. Actually managed to get a couple base items yesterday from it that I did not already have Happy

We will see about the rest once they get things fixed and I can actually play Happy
GreenLantern923
Loyal

The loot picker in all tiers is great.. well even in the lower, under 30, tiers where you often get to pick between two of the same item. But I enjoy it.. I was able to pick up some style items I was looking for on several toons, when the servers were online that is. I noticed that very often I had the choice of a mark in a lower tier (one that normally doesn't grant marks) which was welcome. Lots of good base items too. Which makes me want to play my lower level toons and upgrade their empty, sad bases.

The Will of Darkseid duo was TOUGH really tough, I did it on villain side on Perse with Alexis. It was fun but the rewards for a duo with that cr requirement were insulting. I got 132 greens.. I DID get a blue weapon which was better than Perse's 132 but still (ya ok I am greedy and often don't get into raids for better gear but its nice to get a drop rather than buy gear)

Brainiac Bottle ship I did this once on Polyxena. It was challenging and we did great considering many of use were in there first time. Drops were good though the mechanics of the final boss fight were difficult) Pretty bottle cities.. I want some....(well NO I want them all :P)

the only REAL complaint I have are the server issues.

How about fix the problems before any new content is released?
Alexis Allura
Diva

- the storyline/dialog/voice acting
I am not 100% percent on the storyline in the raid since I haven't done it from the beginning yet. I came in on the first boss the first day and we stopped at the second boss cause a lot of people had to go to work. During the weekend I came in on the second boss and we beat the rest of the raid. It seems like a rehash of fos2 story and I really am bored of Brainiac. It is like they like to use a boring villain so when he is said to be boring it is technically a good job on him.

- artwork/graphics
Almost everything is reused

- mechanics/difficulty
Adds hit entirely to hard in the duo. I like the door mechanic in the second boss fight in the raid but I dislike how a few have to come in before you can close it. Third boss room is pretty fun. Didn't try it pre nerf.

- rewards (gear/base items)
Rare drop rates in new duo are terrible. Haven't looked at the new base items yet.

1) Brainiac's Bottle Ship Raid
The game play is fun but I dislike all these brainiac types of enemies.

2) Will of Darkseid Duo
Found the story very weak in it. Most of the duo is slowly killing small groups of adds that hit too hard.

3) Loot Picker in All Tiers
Love it

4) Survival: Fortress of Solitude
Seems easier to get to bosses.

GreenLantern923 wrote:
The Will of Darkseid duo was TOUGH really tough, I did it on villain side on Perse with Alexis. It was fun but the rewards for a duo with that cr requirement were insulting.

I edited and highlighted the parts of Green's post I wanted to comment on. The issue here is less about the cr requirement and more about the skill points testing players have on the PTR...last I heard it was around 150, not really sure...which is why for some the newest content is harder then it could be if they didn't try to tailor it for players with 200+ SPs. This is not the only thing that makes new content difficult, but one of the bigger reasons. The other is the disparity in damage that some powersets do in comparison to others. Panda is nature and I know from experience she is at the bottom of the damage charts. Which means I need to be that much higher in cr and sp then say someone that is sorcery because my powerset does not have the dps to compete.

If they worked a bit harder to balance the powers so they all did equal dps this would probably eliminate most of the issues players have with new content short of those few who have low skill points. I have yet to get into the new duo and already I know that when I do I will want to take someone whos damage is at least triple mine or i will be dieing quite a bit
Alexis Allura
Diva

Pandarve wrote:
GreenLantern923 wrote:
The Will of Darkseid duo was TOUGH really tough, I did it on villain side on Perse with Alexis. It was fun but the rewards for a duo with that cr requirement were insulting.

I edited and highlighted the parts of Green's post I wanted to comment on. The issue here is less about the cr requirement and more about the skill points testing players have on the PTR...last I heard it was around 150, not really sure...which is why for some the newest content is harder then it could be if they didn't try to tailor it for players with 200+ SPs. This is not the only thing that makes new content difficult, but one of the bigger reasons. The other is the disparity in damage that some powersets do in comparison to others. Panda is nature and I know from experience she is at the bottom of the damage charts. Which means I need to be that much higher in cr and sp then say someone that is sorcery because my powerset does not have the dps to compete.

If they worked a bit harder to balance the powers so they all did equal dps this would probably eliminate most of the issues players have with new content short of those few who have low skill points. I have yet to get into the new duo and already I know that when I do I will want to take someone whos damage is at least triple mine or i will be dieing quite a bit

A thing about the forums is most of the users make up the top 5% of the game. And if anyone mentions something like the duo may hit a little too hard they get immediately jumped on. People also aren't testing like they use to because dev-tester interaction is very poor. As for being Nature, I will run with you. We may die a few times but will get through it. I would say you just have to catch me when on but now I think about it you are harder to catch.

Alexis Allura wrote:
A thing about the forums is most of the users make up the top 5% of the game. And if anyone mentions something like the duo may hit a little too hard they get immediately jumped on. People also aren't testing like they use to because dev-tester interaction is very poor. As for being Nature, I will run with you. We may die a few times but will get through it. I would say you just have to catch me when on but now I think about it you are harder to catch.

.. so true I am harder to catch these days, may have to do something about that...thanks for the other info. I didn't know these things, but then I usually don't follow the forums much as most of it is drama. It is a shame about the dev interaction, it has to be one of the biggest aspects of providing a quality product to your customer base.
Beta Babe
Star

Episode 23 Feedback

1: Story, Dialogue, Voice Acting:

I have heard a few criticize the story for this episode. Most are saying it is a rushed story that does not track. On one end we are concerned over Kandor and on the other and invasion – how – do they correlate?

Personally, I kind of ignored the story myself since this really is not one – it is a vignette. This is an episode rather than a DLC – and in truth – more a snapshot of an episode rather than a story.

Cut scenes, which provide openings to or closure to a storyline are now for the most part gone in DCUO. This has been the case for some time. Cut scenes cost more money and take time to produce with quality.

DCUO has taken a step away from that approach. So, I really don’t take the how was the story approach very seriously anymore.

For Me, I thought the dialogue and voice acting for this episode were fine. I liked Darkside’s voice in the Duo.

2: Artwork / Graphics:

This seems to have improved over previous episodes – they are going in the right direction. With that said however it is important to note that most of the content is recycled - NOT NEW. Thus, I am really commenting on the poster art at the top of this post and the few tweeks they made for the old content. I also like the fact we returned to Central City in the Duo –they need to develop that zone/world more.

Almost everyone in the game I know wants Central City to be expanded with more options (maybe even bases) there. DCUO should consider this.

3: Mechanics / Difficulty:

This was typical like all new releases. Too hard initially, then maybe a little too easy, then some back and forth. It is that same old game they play.

Make it hard to make the elites happy initially then lower the difficulty so everyone else can actually play it. I really hate that – but – I understand.

So here is what I did. I brought Betazon in the new content first since she is my strongest toon. I could get through it pretty well – no big issues. Then I brought PSI, then Beta Babe. Since Beta’s DPS is low as electric my friends helped her “get over the hump” for the new gear.

Now, she can go into the instances fine – but it was a struggle for her initially. I have 235 Skill Points. I can only imagine how it was for everyone else.

4: Reward and Base Items

I love the bottled cities! They are so much fun. I love the Orion helm – I was hoping for that since back at New Genesis! I also like the cannons. I was disappointed in the belt out of the raid though – as were many.

That is as far as I have gotten – so if there is more I can’t really comment yet.

5: Loot Pickers in all Tiers:

Long overdue, a great improvement, and most welcome. However, the loot drops still suck hard in the instances. It is great to have a choice – but in some cases the choices are still bad. My disgust of this goes back to my original letter to DCUO and the Flash Duo.

I am not alone. The community has complained about this for some time – and we are sick of being ignored.

6: Survival Mode – Fortress of Solitude

Zatanna is the best one to comment on this since I believe she has been the most active in the FOS SM – and she has emerged with many items.

What I found is that it was easier in the earlier stages than previous SM’s. But still a challenge. I did not go very far – but I enjoyed taking part in the Survival Mode Challenge.

Brainiac Bottleship Raid:

I really enjoy this raid and it is now one of my favorites. All I ask is that they fix the ZOD boss glitch at the laser. Either he will stop attacking and just stand there – taking no damage – or suddenly we will go from 0 or 20% charge to – we are all dead.

The mechanics work fine and are fair. Don’t mess with it! I know some members are tired of Brainiac themes and adds. I understand – this is where I was with Trigon and the League of Assassins.

But my vote is YAH! For this raid.

Will of Darkside Duo:

As I mentioned earlier, it was too hard at launch – because of the elites. They adjusted and it became better. Leave it at the better setting so everyone can enjoy it.

I felt the flow of it was fine and that the length of the duo is good. Please improve the drops. Please listen to me, improve the drops.

Overall, I give the duo the thumbs up for it's content – not it's drops.

Summary

DCUO has outpaced itself and we are seeing the flaws in their new strategy.

1: Much higher lag rate and lag spikes
2: Much higher DC rates
3: Unstable open world environments that automatically DC you
4: Unstable zones that DC you (Paradox Raid) comes to mind
5: High log in rates (even to switch toons)
6: World Crashes (Much more frequent and last hours)
7: Most mornings when I try to log in the world is down for maintenance
8: Cross Platform Raid incompatibility causing DC’s in raids
9: Players not receiving loot – even though they are not loot locked
10: Not being able to log into the game (for hours)

4-21-16 UPDATE

So game play last night:

I DC'D during Diamond Heist, I DC'D when I went to rocket assisted flight, I DC'D leaving a PD Station, I DC'D in the middle of Legends LPVE, I DC'D going to my base, and I DC'D in a duo.

I have excellent internet - yet - there yah go. Additionally, the World was down again this morning, as it was yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that.

Basically every morning since last weekends fiasco.

This cannot continue. If they don’t stop this pace – and fix the game – the community will simply go away.

What encourages me is feedback requests like this one. It gives community players – their stable customers - a chance to be heard.

The elites always jump on them in the forums and are very selfish for their point of view. DCUO wants both of them happy. They can start by continuing to listen to the community – and then actually take action.

Feedback is a tool. A tool is only good if it is used.

Well said Beta, well said. Sorry to hear about all the DCs, hearing that things have not changed since last weekend is disappointing especially as I was hoping to get some time to play this weekend. Blizzard has announced when their newest expansion for WoW will go live and with the way things are going with DCUO I may just focus all my time there instead of trying to play both. Sad really as I enjoy being a hero on the weekends. Happy
KOSMOS
KOSMOS DC
Diva

Still missing the Welcome Screen...
Beta Babe
Star

I can't even log into the game to be DC'd!!! I log into my character list - select a character and it DC's ME! When will this crap stop!

I am so angry at this game - I want to play - but I can't. Yet I can see the next dumb episode is on its way to force down our throat!

Do I have to leave to get any attention and see them fix this mess? mad mad mad

I have no opinion of Episode 23 because I haven't played it. I ran the new duo once and that's been it. All those server issues made me not log in for a few days which didn't help.

The thread is about the crafting system, but this post by Mepps addresses monthly in general...
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/ridiculous-crafting-system.271596/page-2#post-3657431

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: