ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beta Babe
Star

re: Beta Chronicles - Chapter One

Beta Chronicles Comic Intro

From her past
she travels across space and time
to protect our future

To defend us from the unknown
To stop the unseen
This is her story

You are entering…The Beta Chronicles

Prelude

Olara looks deeply into the Oan sky. Before her are a vast sea of stars bearing witness to the thousands of worlds the Green Lanterns protect.

How did I end up here Olara thinks to herself? What am I to do now? While only a few weeks have passed since the battle on Menos** Olara can’t help but think of the future.

With the help of the Lanterns, Olara has now made a full recovery from her crash landing on Swora and has even built a suit of armor to help control her powers.

Though it has not been made official with the Guardians, Olara has been accepted by the lanterns as one of their own. New friends from all corners of the universe have been made -Tsalu Amari counted as closest amongst them.

And then there is Hal…oh god…Hal Jordan. Olara has found love billions of miles away from her home world of Zeskiri Prime from the very distant Tari – Mal system.

Is this all a part of her mission? Did the Archons on Zeskiri foresee these events? Are the Lanterns the key to Olara finding her way to Earth to save the humans from total annihilation?

Olara’s mind races with questions upon questions seeking answers that aren’t there. Perhaps the Guardians of OA will have some answers Olara thinks to herself.

Perhaps they can help me find my way to Earth.

Chapter One - Inquiry

Guardian Krevon: “Order! I will have Order!”

(Loud pounding of a Gabble on a Justice Stone)

Setting: Great Meeting Hall of the Green Lantern Core
Event: Council Hearing on events on the planet Menos**

(**See Beta Babe’s Green Lantern Adventure for details)

Guardian Gurion: “This is most irregular Krevon! We should not be discussing what we are going to do – we should be acting.

Olara Varu should be placed under arrest and tried for her crimes on Menos!”

Guardian Paalko:
“I thought we were here to vote on accepting her into the core as a Green Lantern.”

Guardian Sayd:
“As did I. I understand she showed skill, great courage and bravery under terrible circumstances and would make a fine Lantern.”

Guardian Gurion: (With a look of shock) “You can’t be serious!? Do we admit murders and criminals into our midst now?”

Guardian Quaros: “What compels you to accuse her of such things Gurion? Why do you rush to condemn this woman?”

Guardian Gurion: (Very Animated) “Three Lanterns murdered, half of Ongir destroyed, mass genocide, and an intergalactic war now raging out of control…and you wonder why I rush to condemn?”

Guardian Zalla: “Gurion…your interpretation of the facts is most interesting as it is theatrical. It would seem you would lay all the blame at the feet of this alien we know nothing about. Further, we still do not know what truly occurred on Swora or Menos.”

Guardian Gurion: “That is why we need to bring her to trial, document the facts, and ensure (pounds his fist on the table) justice is served.”

Guardian Krevon: “Honored Members of this council, this is an investigation not a trial.

We are here to learn about this alien, establish what transpired on Menos, and determine whether to admit a new lantern within our ranks.

(Looking directly at Gurion) Should the evidence compel us to convene a trial I assure you appropriate action will be taken at that time.”

(Krevon nods at Gurion – Gurion nods back).

Guardian Krevon: “Guardian Byrusi, you are the only member of the council who has not spoken. Do you have something you wish to say before we begin?”

Guardian Byrusi: “A dark cloud surrounds this alien. I sense it. But I do not know if she is the source or something that threatens her. I intend to find out.”

Guardian Krevon: (To the attending scribe) “Let the council’s opening statements be recorded and let us begin.”

(Outside of the Great Hall)

Olara: “Hal, I am scared. What am I doing here? What is going on?”

Hal: “A lot happened on Menos Olara and the guardians are looking for answers. You’re the only one who experienced everything.”

Olara: “What do they expect to hear?”

Hal: “Just the truth…be yourself…it will be ok.”

Lantern Tsalu Amari: “They are calling for you Olara. Hal and I will be right here if you need us. Good Luck – you will do great.

(Tsalu smiles at Olara and Olara smiles warmly back).

(Inside the Great Hall)
Guardian Gurion: “Have the accused come forward!”

Guardian Krevon: “Scribe, strike that! (Looking directly at Gurion) Have the witness come forward.”

Guardian Gurion: (Bows to Krevon)
“Apologies…witness of course.”

Olara is ushered in by two lanterns to the Great Hall. Before her are a special council of seven Guardians arrayed high above in an imposing circle looking down.

Olara advances to the center of the circle, looks up and smiles.

Olara: “Hello Guardians…it’s nice to meet you…I have heard many good things about you.”

(Olara turns around as she speaks to meet the gaze of all the Guardians and smile at them)

Guardian Sayd: “Many good things? From Who?”

Olara: “Hal Jordan, Lantern of Sector 2814”

Guardian Paalko: “Hal Jordan? He is one of your favorites is he not Gurion? (Looking playfully at him)

Guardian Gurion: “GRRRRRR…we all know of Lantern Jordan’s service.”

Guardian Krevon: (Chuckling) “Indeed we do. (looking down) Olara could you please introduce yourself to the council?”

Olara: (Olara smiles and nods at Krevon – then looking across the council she begins)

“I am Commander Olara Ereonis Varu of the planet Zeskiri Prime.”

Guardian Paalko: “Commander? What unit do you command and what interest does Zeskiri Prime have in Menos?”

Olara: “My military rank is that of Colonel and my command was the ship and crew of the Horizon.”

Guardian Quaros: “Commander Varu was your ship the battlecruiser involved in the attack on Ongri?

Olara: (Startled by the question) “No, absolutely not”

Guardian Zalla: “Where is your ship Commander?”

Olara: “I don’t know.”
Guardian Zalla: “You don’t know? Perhaps you can explain yourself further Commander.”

Olara: “The Horizon is a Spaceship not a Starship. During our mission we encountered an interdimensional anomaly which projected the Horizon into an unknown sector of space time.”

Guardian Zalla: “Where were you when this event occurred?”

Olara: “I was outside the ship in space.”

Guardian Zalla: “And yet you survived?”

Olara: “Yes”

Guardian Gurion: “Colonel…you still have not answered what interest Zeskiri Prime has in Menos.”

Olara: “The Zeskons of Zeskiri Prime have no interest in the planet Menos.”

Guardian Gurion: “Then why were you there? How do you explain the death of Quargon Brax, your military assault on the Menosian Army, and the convenient destruction of an interstellar battlecruiser responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of lives!?!

Olara feels a warm rush of righteous anger sweep over her. Her eyes turn emissive and glow with bright intensity. Olara fixes her gaze on Gurion.

Olara: “Are you suggesting….for one moment….that I was responsible for the attack on Ongri…and that the people of Zeskiri Prime ordered it?”

Guardian Gurion: “That is the question I am posing to you commander – now please ANSWER IT!

Guardian Sayd: “Gurion there is no need to be rude!”

Guardian Paalko: “I would like to hear Olara’s answer to Gurion’s question.”

Guardian Quaros: “As would I”

Guardian Zalla: “As do we all. There are many questions we are seeking answers to – though Gurion is being less than diplomatic.”

Olara: “The Zeskon people do not wage wars of colonizing aggression – nor do we slaughter innocents. I had no orders from Zeskiri Prime.”

Guardian Gurion: “Did you act on your own initiative?”

Olara: “I am not exactly sure what you are asking.”

Guardian Gurion: “Or perhaps you were being controlled by some unknown entity or force?”

Olara: “Again, what are you trying to imply?

Guardian Gurion: “People died Colonel. (now pointing at Olara) They died at your hand – I want to know why!”

Olara: “Guardian. An Army attacked Ongri from the North while a Battlecruiser attacked her from the South. They were killing thousands of people every minute.

As a Lantern I…”

Guardian Zalla: “As a Lantern Commander Varu? This council has not made you a Lantern – how can you act with authority you have not been granted?”

Guardian Paalko: “Lantern Tsalu Amari was killed on Menos. Her ring on its way back to OA bonded with Olara Varu. Lantern Hal Jordan called her into service to aid him on his mission.”

Guardian Gurion: “Still, once Lantern Jordan was incapacitated …”

Olara: “Hal was Dead!”

Guardian Gurion: (Raising his voice) “Once Jordan was unable to respond…this alien…murdered one of our own!”

Olara: “That’s not how it happened!”

Guardian Gurion: “Olara Varu did you kill Quargon Brax!”

Olara: (Olara looks across the Guardians) “Quargon attacked me…he was responsible for”

Guardian Gurion: (Screaming at Olara) “Did you kill Quargon Brax! Answer the question!”

Olara: (Olara wheels about – looks directly at Gurion – and yells) “YES!” With the release of the building tension Olara's eyes now return to normal.

Guardians: All the guardians gasp in shock from Olara’s response. They look deeply concerned at this new revelation.

Guardian Byrusi: “The alien believes her statements are true but she is knowingly concealing something. The Zeskons HAVE SENT HER ON A MISSION which she is concealing from us.”

Olara: “Wait! What are you doing?” (She looks up at Guardian Byrusi)

Guardian Byrusi: “She also is in love with lantern Jordan…it is possible this was a crime of passion.”

Olara: “What? No! Your reading my mind!?!”

Guardian Byrusi: “I motion to move these proceedings from investigation to trial”
Olara: “How dare you violate me!”

(Olara hits a decorative pin on her right chest activating her power armor). Quickly, articulating plates form around Olara encasing her in a strong Zintarium* skin.

*Zintarium, a unique metal alloy created by the Zeskons designed to provide superior armor protection and shielding.

Guardian Gurion: “I second the motion and call for restraint – the accused is becoming aggressive.”

Guardian Zalla: “Motion carries to a vote – a vote yay is for trial – I vote yay.”

Guardian Gurion: “Yay”

Guardian Quaros: “Yay”

Guardian Byrusi: “I can’t read her mind anymore – the armor is shielding her. I vote Yay.”

Olara: “Wait! What’s Happening!?!” Olara’s voice conveys shock, surprise, and fear.

Guardian Paalko: “We must get to the bottom of this - Yay”

Guardian Sayd: “A most regretful Yay”

Olara: “Why are you doing this – I did nothing wrong!” Olara’s body begins to shake as waves of emotion rush over her.

Guardian Krevon: “Olara Varu due to your outburst before this council I find that I must also vote Yay to move these proceedings to trial.

(To the scribe) Call in the Lanterns…seize the accused…the trial of Commander Varu will now begin.

Olara’s eyes turn emissive as she powers up her armor.

(In a godlike voice)

Olara:

“I WILL NOT FAIL EARTH. I CANNOT LET YOU TAKE ME.”

The room fills with bright light and the sounds of crackling energy as her atomic powers awaken.

Stay tuned for the next chapter….Flight of the Horizon

Diva

Nice story Beta, i like how you did the Guardians Happy

Novarom
New Girl

I need to know more! more I tells ya!
Very good story, can't wait for it to continue.
Gatkowski
Star

Good read, keep it up.

I usually don't like drama format because it's mostly used to avoid having to write descriptions and action, which just ends up making the piece overly theatrical, surreal and boring.

But you did a very good job of making it interesting so please, do bring on the next part.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: