Who's Online
DCUO Announcements

FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beta Babe
Star

re: Beta Babe & The Justice Girls CH 2

Beta Babe & The Justice Girls Comic Intro

Across the nations of our world,
From planets near and far,
In times future, past, and present
They share the same desire.

Protect the weak,
defend what’s right,
and treat mercy like a pearl.

For only this and nothing less can be a Justice Girl.

Prelude

Across the ages time has been described as a ravager, a companion, and an unstoppable force. All true, yet not. For it is so much more.

It is a bending and yielding force locked in eternity, bound by gravity, yet present everywhere. Its builds for one as it destroys for another.

Through love and remembrance we make others immortal – never dying – evergreen in our thoughts and in our hearts.

Such is the reality for Olara Ereonis Varu the newest member of a very special league called the Justice Girls.

Chapter 2 – Timely Friends

Aegea: “Are you sure you want me to take over the tour Iron Beauty?”

Iron Beauty: “Yes Aegea, I have some projects in the engineering bay which need my direct attention – I can re-join you there later.”

Aegea: “But…I…I…am not very good at these things.”

Iron Beauty: “You’ll do fine. You know the members of the league, the full layout of the hall, and how things work around here.”

Aegea: “Wouldn’t it be better if someone a little more popular and social handled this?”

Iron Beauty: “Aegea, despite what you may think – you are well liked around here and respected by all of us. You are a perfect choice.”

Aegea: “Wow! I didn’t realize…that means so much coming from you…I…I…just…don’t want to mess things up.”

(Suddenly Aegea’s face lights up as she has a quick thought)

“I know! How about Mermaid!”

Iron Beauty: “She’s in a meeting at the Command Center.”

Aegea: “Sun Goddess?”

Iron Beauty: “Same Meeting.”

Aegea: “Umbra Moonshade?”

Iron Beauty: “On Sabbatical in the shadow realm developing her powers.”

Aegea: “Natalia Sedai?”

Iron Beauty: “On loan to the Justice League. She is training some of their junior membership.”

(Aegea’s face starts to show concern)

Aegea: “Arwen Skywalker, BurstAngel, Comanderette America, Alexis Allura, Super Power, Ball & Chain?”

(Iron Beauty opens up the faceplate to her armor – looks directly at Aegea and says)

Iron Beauty: “Meeting, meeting, meeting, preparing for a mission, running the meeting, and leading the mission.” (Iron Beauty now throws Aegea a look as if to say – satisfied now?)

Aegea nods her head, blushes, and rolls her eyes as if to say ok, sorry, my bad.

SUDDENLY – WITHOUT WARNING:

Quick bursts of electrical energy begin to emit across a portion of the main hall warning everyone of an impending arrival.

Introductions are halted as Justice Girls move away to clear the space and observe who is incoming.

Electrical energies merge (catching the attention of Olara) and then unify into a single majestic bolt which shoots from the ceiling and strikes the floor.

The sound of its impact echoes throughout the hall. Intense light, swirling winds, and crackling energy flare and then abate.

In it’s wake stands a tall Norse looking woman. Her noble beauty framed by long blonde hair, deep blue eyes, and a toned muscular body clad in shining Asgardian Armor.

Across her back is an imposing two handed sword etched with ancient runes of power. Swiftly this maiden reaches for her sword, twirls it with one hand like a dagger and says.

Torin Thorsdottir: “Hail my Sisters! Asgard has come to call!”

Torin points her sword to the ceiling where now another lightning bolt strikes it and then splits into seven lesser bolts which land around her.

Seven Valkyries appear each bearing chests, satchels, and packs holding gifts.

Iron Beauty: “That was quite an entrance Torin. To what do we owe this grand display?”

Torin Thorsdottir: “BEAUTY OF THE IRON! How I have missed you.”

Torin swiftly locks Iron Beauty in a friendly bear hug squeezing and lifting her off the ground with ease. To onlookers it appears that Beauty’s armor is slightly bulging as though she were a squeeze toy.

Daniel: “Madame…armor stress is at 10%...shall I deploy stage one countermeasures?”

Iron Beauty: “NO! (Clears throat) Sorry…I mean no. This is not an attack…she…ah…is just happy to see me.”

Daniel: “Very good Madame.”

Torin places Beauty back down again and says:

Torin Thorsdottir: “Beta, where is my Beta?”

Everyone in the hall looks at Torin confused.

Torin Thorsdottir: “Beta of the Babes…Beta Babe?”

The Valkyries: “Highness”

Valkyrie 1: “That timeline”

Valkyrie 2: “has not”

Valkyrie 3: “yet”

Valkyrie 4: “occurred”

Valkyrie 5: “they do not”

Valkyrie 6: “know her”

Valkyrie 7: “by that”

The Valkyries: “name.”

Torin Thorsdottir: “Oh! Of course…well then…that just means we will have to find her!”

Torin playfully scans the assemblage of Justice Girls in the Main Hall. Then she begins walking amongst them looking about like she is on a treasure hunt.

Torin passes Olara pretending not to recognize her – but watches her out of the corner of her eye. Olara smiles, giggles, and then turns to Hal to ask a question.

Without warning Torin snatches Olara lifting her into the air and squeezing her in another bear hug. Olara lets out a surprised yelp and then laughs.

Torin Thorsdottir: “Beta! I have found my Beta.”

Aegea: “Torin, we were just getting ready to eat at the Dining Hall – perhaps you want to….”

Torin Thorsdottir: “Food! By Heimdahl I am famished!
We have traveled far and wide building a mighty thirst and hunger!

Lead on Amazon! Do not doddle…we shall revel in our reunion over good spirits and good friends!”

MINUTES LATER IN THE DINING HALL

The main cook peers out from the kitchen and looks into the dining hall. She notes the new arrivals and gasps as she sees eight Asgardians are with the group.

Main Cook: “Red Alert! Fire up the grills!”

Line Cooks: “How Many?”

Main Cook: “All of them.”

Line Cooks: “All of them?”

Main Cook: “Fire up every last grill and oven we got! Open the spirit kegs and keep it flowing!”

(The Main Cook urgently claps her hands to get attention)

Main Cook: “This is the real thing people. Prepare for cooking combat!”

BACK IN THE DINING HALL

WonderEllin: “That’s the one I was telling you about.”

Sophitia Bennett: “The new girl?”

WonderEllin: “Yup! Inbound at 12 O’ Clock”

Sophitia Bennett: “Oh! I want to meet her.”

WonderEllin: “Leave it to me – I got this Sis.”

Quickly WonderEllin rises from the dining table her and Sophitia are sitting at. She travels one table up and whispers to another Justice Girl.

(Whispering to Sierra Troy) “Go challenge Torin to an arm wrestling contest and bring her back to our table where Sophitia is at.”
Sierra Troy: (With a sly smile) “What you up to?”

WonderEllin: “Nothing big…just trying to stack the deck a little.”

Sierra Troy: (Looking at Torin with a devilish grin) “Happy to oblige”

WonderEllin now intercepts the tour, holds out her hand to Olara and says.

WonderEllin: “So nice to meet you. Welcome to the Justice Girls Dining Hall – I have your table right over here.”

Aegea: “No one said anything about assigned seating.”

WonderEllin: (Laughs and shakes her head) “Ah…that Iron Beauty…so busy…so much going on…not surprised she forgot to tell you.”

Sierra Troy: (Standing on a table and pointing at Torin)

“You! Torin of Asgard…I…Sierra Troy of
Themyscira…challenge you to a contest of might! Let us see who has the stronger arm.”

Torin Thorsdottir: Torin pounds her fist on a table and then points back with the same hand. “I accept your challenge!”

WonderEllin:

“Well! Your table is right over here!” WonderEllin ushers Olara over to her table. Sierra motions Torin over to the same table where they square off and begin their contest.

Thirty minutes pass as Sophitia and Wonderellin make introductions and learn a few things about the new girl.

Sophitia Bennett: “You came to Earth via a black hole?”

Olara: “Not exactly. I landed in a ball of fire on the planet Swora and it was Hal that brought me to Earth.”

Sophitia Bennett: “Fascinating. How did you navigate the black hole?”

Olara: “I believe the closet thing you Terrans have is something called Quantum Physics – but it really is much more than that.”

Sophitia Bennett: “Quantum? (Laughs) I can tell you all about Quantum.” Sophie forms Quantum bubbles around everyone at the table.

Olara’s eyes widen with a very surprised look – she has never met a being capable of creating their own Quantum fields. Her thoughts deepen as to what this could mean for her mission.

Sierra Troy: “By the gods Torin…what have you been eating?” (Sierra is now sweating and starting to breath hard as the contest has gone from playful to serious.)

Torin Thorsdottir: “All the bounty of Asgard!” Torin smiles and then grimaces as she tries to overtake Sierra – but to no avail. (puffing hard) “And You?”

Sierra Troy: “All the things a growing girl needs to beat an Asgardian Princess.”

Olara: (Looking at the contest) “How long can they keep this up?”

WonderEllin: “Hours.”

Sophitia Bennett: “Days.”

WonderEllin: “Weeks if they really want to.”
Olara gives a blank stare back at WonderEllin and Sophitia – blinks a few times and then says:

Olara: (In disbelief) “Weeks?”

Nodding to the affirmative Sophitia and WonderEllin reply: “Weeks.”

Torin Thorsdottir: “My thirst needs quenching and my hunger deepens – Kitchensmith bring forth your wares so our stomachs can pay homage!”

Sierra Troy: “I will take what she is having – though double my spirits – Asgardians don’t know how to drink!” (Sierra laughs).

Torin Thorsdottir: (Torin laughs back) “I will take double her order! Themyscirans are all boast and no bite!”

BACK IN THE KITCHEN

Three of the line cooks have passed out and kitchen staff are fanning them with their aprons.

Main Cook: (Walking the cooking line) “Alright. I am proud of you! You have made it through the lunch rush, appetizers, and meals for seven Asgardian Valkyries – well done!”

The main cook pats some shoulders – gives a hug or two as she continues her review.

Main Cook: “But now the real challenge begins – now comes the big push (The Main Cook adopts the look of a seasoned military commander – as she points to all her staff – and then out to the table with Torin & Sierra.)

I am counting on all of you - there is the enemy whose hunger we must vanquish – (The Main Cook get lost in the moment) LET US BE VICTORIOUS! Or let no one come back alive!

The kitchen staff all pause and stare back at the Main Cook.

Main Cook: “What?” Then she thinks about what she just said. “I…I…ah…mean…(smiling nervously back) let’s do our best and make some magic happen!”

The staff all look back still pausing for a few moments – then suddenly burst into motion for round two.

BACK AT OLARA’s TABLE

From the moment Hal Jordan arrived he received the notice and attention of several Justice Girls.
During lunch these numbers grew and he was approached for introductions, signing autographs, and a little heroic advice. Graciously, Hal obliged while Olara was a good sport about it all.

A good sport until right about now…

Sylk Specter: (In a very seductive voice) “Oh Hal…this means SO MUCH TO ME.”

Sylk Spector is holding a menu for the Dining Hall that Hal just autographed for her.

Sylk Specter: “Let me return the favor.” Sylk Specter slowly leans over the table and grabs a napkin giving Hal a fine view of her cleavage.

She then turns around to use the table next to Hal for a writing surface – giving Hal a nice view of all her curves and assets.

Olara’s eyes roll at this obvious ploy to gain Hal’s interest. (What is she going to do next? Flick her hair?) Olara thinks to herself.

Sylk Specter finishes her inscription and then kisses the napkin leaving her lipstick print and hands it to Hal.

Sylk Specter: “There! All finished.”

Olara sneaks a peak - the napkin reads:

From Your Greatest Admirer
Sylk Spector
XXXOOOXXX

Olara looks at Sylk with laser beam eyes just as she flips her hair and giggles. (Thinking to herself) OMG…she just flipped her hair…(that----Insert Nice Justice Girl Comment Here)…just flipped her hair.

Olara looks around the dining Hall and takes notice that several females are looking at Hal in that “special way.”

Olara: (To Hal) “Kiss Me”

Hal: “What? Now?…Here?”

Olara stands up and pulls Hal out of his seat and embraces him.

Olara: “Yes Hal. Right here…right now…kiss me like you mean it.”

Hal leans in and kisses Olara. Olara grabs Hal and holds him close. The dining hall erupts with cheers, catcalls, whoops and hollers.

Sylk Specter’s face sours as she turns sharply and walks away. Olara smiles through her kiss at the response. Out of the corner of her eye she sees her tactic is working – the Justice Girls are getting the message – Hal Jordan – mine.

Torin Thorsdottir: (Looking playfully at those seated at her table and then at Hal and Olara)

“Hal of the Jordan…your passion ignites my loins…were I not busy crushing this Amazon…I would take you to my bed chamber and have my way with you!”

Without warning Torin cranks her hand back and gives Hal’s butt a strong playful….

SMACK!

The blow is so powerful it is heard across the entire dining hall and pushes both Hal and Olara over a couple of steps.

Everyone goes silent and freezes in place waiting to see what is going to unfold.

Olara’s eyes turn emissive - she finishes her kiss to Hal in a reassuring way - then turns to face Torin.

ZWACK!

Olara hits Torin squarely on the chin so hard it rips her away from her contest with Sierra and shatters the entry door to the halls west wing as Torin goes flying through it.

Before Torin can recover from her abrupt landing she has Olara on top of her grabbing her tight as she yells…

Olara: “Back off Blondie!!!! Hal Jordan is mine! Keep your hands to yourself!”

Torin is stunned by the unexpected blow and it takes a few moments for her to regain focus.

Olara: (Still Yelling) “What gives you the right to touch my boyfriend – who do you think you are!?!”

Torin Thorsdottir: (Calmly) “I am your best friend in all the Nine Realms. (Looking at Beta and smiling) And you…you are my Beta…my best friend for all eternity.”

Olara is stunned by this response and relaxes a little.

Torin Thorsdottir: “I am sorry Beta…I forget we have not shared all of our memories together yet.”

Olara: (Looking at Torin intently) “We have?”

Torin Thorsdottir: “Yes…we have. (Torin touches Olara’s face as she looks deeply into her eyes) We have saved each other’s life many times, bled together, laughed together, and faced good times and bad times…together.”

Olara’s eyes return to normal. She gets off of Torin and helps her back onto her feet.

Olara: “I am sorry Torin…I wish I remembered…but I believe you. You are forgiven.”

Torin Thorsdottir: “Thank you my friend – by Odin’s Beard it is good to have you back - welcome home.”

Two Hours Later…

The tour is over. Now only Hal Jordan and Olara Varu stand outside of two huge metallic doors leading to the Command Center for the Justice Girls League Hall.

Olara: “Do I look ok Hal?” Olara is figeting with her power armor, her hair, and papers she has ready to present to Super Power - the leagues leader.

Hal Jordan: (Laughs and smiles) “You look great! Don’t be nervous…you will do fine.”

Olara: (Looking at Hal) “This moment Hal. All I have been through – the long journey – all have been building to this moment – I can’t mess it up.”

Olara straightens herself, places her helmet under her left arm and her papers in her left hand. She takes a moment to stare intently at the doors.

Olara: “Beyond those doors Hal is my destiny – beyond those doors is the future for Earth.”

Olara steps to the intercom and says:

“Commander Olara Varu of Zeskiri Prime reporting to the Leader of the Justice Girls as ordered.”

(From Inside the Command Center)

Burst Angel: “Listen to that introduction Super. Someone has a little too much starch in their uniform.”

Comanderette America: “She is showing respect in the way she knows how – I think it is a good sign.”

Mermaid: “I am looking forward to meeting – I have already heard a lot of stories about her.”

Arwen Skywalker: (Looking at Mermaid) “Stories.”

Super Power: “Let’s get this wrapped up ladies. We have some missions under way and one about to launch. Places please.”

The Officers take their place at the command table and open the doors to the center. In walk Hal and Olara to the end of the table.

Seated on the left are Sun Goddess, Mermaid, Burst Angel and on the right Comanderette America, Snow Kate, and Arwen Skywalker.

On the far end with their backs turned are Super Power (who is finalizing some mission arrangements) with Ball & Chain and Alexis Allura at another end table.

Sun Goddess welcomes Olara and makes introductions around the table. Olara goes to each officer smiling and shaking their hand.

Comanderette America: “That is a strong grip soldier!’

Olara: (Smiling) “Thank you mam – I try!”

Olara returns to the end of the table next to Hal and patiently waits to meet her new leader. After a few moments:

Super Power: “There – that take care of it?”

Ball & Chain: “I think that is everything we need!”

Ball and Alexis grab some papers from the end table and then come over and shake Olara’s hand.

Ball & Chain: “Sorry we have to run off.”

Alexis Allura: “We will stop by to chat later.”

Olara: (Smiling) “I look forward to it!”

Moments pass as Super Power finishes a few final notes on her paperwork. The sound of her pen on paper fills the silence…until.

Super Power: ( Sounding Cheerful) “Good! All done.”

Olara straightens to attention and snaps a salute as Super Power turns around to face her for the first time.

Olara: “It is with great honor that I bring you the greetings of the Zeskon people and present to you my report on…on…on…(thinking to herself) “OMG!!!!”

Olara is stunned by what she sees and even begins to question her sanity. Waves of uncontrollable emotion erupt throughout her mind, body, and soul.

Everyone in the room can see Olara is visibly shaken – the question on their minds is…why?

Olara drops her salute, turns abruptly to Hal, and grabs his arm desperately.

Olara: (Looking Down) “Take me out of here Hal!”

Hal Jordan: (Looking at Olara for the answer) “What’s wrong…this is the moment you have been waiting for?!?”

Olara: “Now!” (Olara pleadingly looks up at Hal as tears begin to flow and her eyes turn emissive) “Take me out…I…I…can never be a Justice Girl.”

Forum Image

Beta Babe will return in Yesterday’s Dawn!

Last edited by Beta Babe on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

That right there is amazing, loved every word of it, though I think we're missing a few girls from the league (and of course I'm also working on their stories too). But can't wait for the next installment.

"Have Hope, I Do" -Blue Lantern Kyle Rayner
List of Characters:
Main- Timetracker2643 (Ultimate Justice League) - Controller/Bunny(Light/Will)
Jade2643 (Justice Girls) - Bunny (Light/Will)
Impulse2643 (Justice Girls) - Healer (Speed/Electric)
Bleezz2643 (Justice Girls) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Huntress2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Bunny (Light/Fear)
Bleez2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Inertia2643 (Justice Girls Dark - Healer (Speed/Electric)
GuyGardner2643 (Ultimate Justice League) Tank (Light/Rage)
Beta Babe
Star

Thanks so much for the feedback Jade - IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. This is a special story moment I have been waiting to post since I wrote word one of Beta's story.

I know I have more league members to cover - but hey - we do have a member or two - LOL! Don't worry more stories and adventures are on their way.

I loved this Beta! I feel like you captured the character's very well! I can almost see it as an animated series! I'm actually impressed with the many members that appear here, it's not everyone but definitely a lot and notable ones.

Look forward to more!

timetracker2643
Loyal

Beta Babe wrote:
Thanks so much for the feedback Jade - IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. This is a special story moment I have been waiting to post since I wrote word one of Beta's story.

I know I have more league members to cover - but hey - we do have a member or two - LOL! Don't worry more stories and adventures are on their way.

I'll tell you this, honestly the scene where you had Torin come in, I thought for a second that that right there would've been good for Impulse to come running in, considering that she can't stay in one place for too long, just a whirlwind of lighting zipping around the place. I honestly thought that you were going to bring her in right then, but when you brought in Torin instead, I honestly was wondering where you were going to take it, and where you did, I loved it.

List of Characters:
Super Power
Commander

Awesome job , my favorite part is Arwen saying "stories"
Little Mermaid
Diva

That was brilliant and captured Arwen's character!! Yasssss agreed!

Wonderellin
New Girl

This over here is awesome, Beta! Finally caught it up and liked every line of it Happy and most specially, and think I speak for many of the named and already mentioned previously, how those lines are indeed words we would say :P Looking forward to read more about it! *applauses* :D
soonerjr

Only one error Beta... it's OPerellin not Wonderellin. Happy bwahahahaha
timetracker2643
Loyal

So Beta, just wondering, where's Part 3 to this story?

List of Characters:
Beta Babe
Star

Hiya Jade,

Don't worry - I have plans for part three - just got delayed a little by real life! LOL, but thanks for asking - there IS more to come!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: