Who's Online
NEW @ DCUO Forums

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Time Dilation Guide

I thought I'd put down some notes from both league and pugged runs. Please share anything from your experiences that might help. I'll probably put together some attempts for this during the final week as we stock up on bombs & shields.

Forum Image

Recommended Setup: 1 healer, 1 bunny, 6 DPS.
Partially & fully pugged runs I've been on with this setup have been 10-12 minutes with no one trying for the speed feat. I've gotten the Shadow feat several times by accident as well. The boss stays put in the middle. The Qwardians stay stuck on the shards. The Shadow Demons move from the outside in. The only thing the actually benefits from tanking is controlling the direction of the boss for the last round (25% of the fight). I normally don't like leaving out a role, but the exception is the speed feat for this particular raid.

Round 1: 9 Shards
- All speed feat timers in the game start on first KO, so it's important that you do not hit any adds on the way to the first shard. The first shard may spawn opposite from the entrance.
- Each shard takes about 3 bombs. You want to designate 3 players for the 9 shards for 27 bombs total. The reason for the 3 players is so there's no cooldown on the 3 hits.
- Do not pick up if someone goes down. Let them rejoin with full health and double back. If you pick up, it means your dropping DPS.

Round 2: Anti-Monitor
This is a standard boss fight except that he stays in the same spot and just turns. In a no tank setup, just be sure to always be aiming at his back. Anti-Monitor doesn't do that much damage in this phase as long as you're not facing him. Use ranged AMs and reposition if he turns to you.

Round 3: Shadow Demons
Everyone should roll back to the perimeter and start taking out shadow demons from there. They will go down with 2 bombs and a few regular attacks. Everyone should have 10-15 bombs for this part. To avoid getting CC'd, you could also equip the exoshield in another slot. Some tank breakouts also get out of the bubble.

Round 4: Anti-Monitor
This is similar to round 2, but there will be a lot more CC effects and stronger attacks. If someone has a tank power, this would be the round to switch because Anti-Monitor does heavy damage to anyone facing his front. The Exo-shield is recommended if you get CC'd. With a tank there will still be short scripted periods where he turns around and then turns back.

Of these feats, the Shadow Demon is the easier one if people stay away from the center and break out of CC's. The shard one is tight, but possible if only bombs are used. The big variable is the 2 Anti-Monitor rounds. Assuming you complete the shards & shadows in 2 minutes a piece, that leaves 1 minute for the 2 boss rounds and I haven't been on a run that fast yet!

Last edited by Team Goldenblade on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

I had a weird run today that was oddly fast for its team makeup and gives some insight on a possible Round 4 configuration. Only 1 JG was available at the time, so we both queued in as DPS, but ready to heal. We get into a group that has 3 healers. One switches to DPS, then 2 afk as we move in. So the set is 2 healers + 4 dps + 2 afk. We're halfway through the shards and the 2 afk players still have not budged. Since we're stuck in combat the entire time, there was no way to kick them. I went kamikaze because I wanted to keep up damage to help the group, but at the same time was trying to get KO'd so we could remove one of the freeloaders and get someone in to help. With 2 healers, it just wasn't happening! In the last round, I even when full melee on Anti-monitor and was getting everything healed back.

So a possible fast configuration for Round 4 would be 2 healers & 6 dps for the speed feat. After all, it needs to be around 30 seconds!

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

Have you seen videos of it? I've seen one with Select Few.
Standard 1-1-1-5. They split into two groups during the shard phase, 4-4 north and south everyone loaded with bombs.

Tank and spank anti-monitor part 1, though they're Select Few, I've ran with them one time in Olympus and they all make me look silly, and by silly I'm bottom dps.

Each one had their own segment during the Shadow part. Pretty much in my own experience, one qwa-bomb and AM big hit is enough to kill one.

Then just the standard tank and spank on anti monitor phase 2. Still, being clamped, one must have good grasp on their power's DPS.

Arwen Skywalker wrote:
Have you seen videos of it? I've seen one with Select Few.
Standard 1-1-1-5. They split into two groups during the shard phase, 4-4 north and south everyone loaded with bombs.

Tank and spank anti-monitor part 1, though they're Select Few, I've ran with them one time in Olympus and they all make me look silly, and by silly I'm bottom dps.

Each one had their own segment during the Shadow part. Pretty much in my own experience, one qwa-bomb and AM big hit is enough to kill one.

Then just the standard tank and spank on anti monitor phase 2. Still, being clamped, one must have good grasp on their power's DPS.

Yup, Britteny mentioned splitting up for the shards. This part is partially luck because I've seen really good spawn setups where several shards in a row are adjacent. I figure on an all-bomb run, the shards will still be around 2min... maybe 1.5 if we get like 3 adjacent in a row. The shadows will be 1.5min.

It's rounds 2 & 4 that worry me. 1.5-2 min total for both Anti-Monitor rounds! I haven't been on a run anywhere near that!

Adding NU's video:

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Beta Babe
Star

Strategy Tips
Anti-Monitor Raid, Anniversary Event

Preface

Since I have been running this content daily I was asked to post some tips on the anniversary event raid and how to complete the feats within it.

For Time Dilation comments alone - just skip down to the bottom section of this post for all the info.

Good Luck!

While I have plenty of comments on the anniversary event overall – this post will concentrate only on strategy and feat completion.

Step One: Do Some Math & Focus Your Time

You need to figure out what your playtime is and match that as best you can with your goals.

If you play 1-2 HRS every day of the event it will take you 3 Anniversary Events to complete everything without replays. That means 3 years from now since the event is limited to a 30 day period.

If you play 4 HRS a day and played every day of the event it will take you 2 Anniversary Events with a few replays providing you are supplementing your supplies for the raid with some alts.

If you wish to complete all the feats at launch – you have to spam and spam hard – there is just no way around it at all – even with alts. Your alts can only help you so much and primarily on buying Q Bombs and Shields for the Raid feats.

Also, time is a resource – I suggest you place all other content on hold and concentrate on this so you can reach your goals.

Step Two: Don’t Waste Resources

Doing the feats properly costs a lot of Q bombs and Shields. You should spend 80% of all your runs (not using them) but rather building your resources to run the feats. Again, you can supplement this with alts – which helps.

10% of your runs practicing with a few bombs and shields so you can see how they work and get your timing down – especially if it is with a team that will do the feat run together.

10% of your time doing the feat runs themselves.

Step Three: Get organized

Get everyone into group or instance chat to hear. Team Leaders should actually talk so as to respond quickly and direct their teams. This is a game changer if you don’t do it.

Feat One: The Shard Feat

Three Methods (All work fine – I will rate them Good, Better, Best)

Important Notes:

1: Q Bombs (Qwa-Bombs) lower the health of shards, Qwardians, and Shadow Demons by 40%. You will still have to DPS – but it goes fast.

2: A new shard appears when the current one is at 20% health.

3: You want 30 Q Bombs to run this feat – per person. 9 Shards (3 Bombs) with a few extra to control/damage adds.

Good:

Use two teams (North & South), use 2-3 Q Bombs per shard.

Flaw of Method:

Sometimes the shards spawn mostly on one side meaning half your raid is ineffective.

Better:

Use two teams. Both go to the first shard – using bombs and dpsing together. When the shard is at 20% and the next shard appears - team two goes to that shard. They will.

1: Use Q-Bombs (2-3) & DPS
2: Use 1 Orbital Only (Orbitals on shards 2-9 Only)

From now on the teams will leap frog alternating shards as they attack. Everyone will meet at the final shard.

Flaw of Method:

None, just not the best method.

Best:

Everyone is using Superspeed as their movement mode. This can be done as follows:

1: Default mode of the toon
2: You use the Bolt Cola granting Superspeed for 5 minutes
3: You have the Superspeed Boots from the vault

Remember: Your CR is boosted to 230 – it does not matter and will not harm your stats or CR if you wear them!

Now use the Better Strategy Above – you can’t lose.

Flaw of Method:

None, and also grants the advantage of reacting to where the shards spawn anywhere on the map.

Feat Two: The Shadow Demon Feat

Important Notes:

1: When the Demons begin appearing black swirling dots will form where they will spawn about 2 seconds before they materialize.

2: You will need to use Q Bombs here without question 1-3 per Demon while dpsing – so roughly 20 – 60 bombs. If you take 40 you should be ok – and that again is per person.

This feat is not really about good, better, and best – but rather the game play and skill of the players you are with and the level of control you need at the group level.

So I will name these little control, better control, and best control.

Little Control: (Mixed Group)

If your players are like Arwen Skywalker and really know how to do the pew pew – then this is the method for you. The group forms a circle around the anti-monitor facing toward the demons and away from the boss.

When Demons appear everyone is throwing bombs and DPSing. Basically, you are blowing everything skyhigh.

Flaw of Method:

Little control, and normally a demon slides in there (usually by Superman’s Head) and ruins the feat.

Better Control:
2 Tanks, 1 Troll, 1 Healer, 4 DPS

Once again the group forms a circle (but with a plan). Divide your circle down the middle – starting at Superman’s head. Place 1 tank in the center of the arch for each half circle. Place 1 DPS to the tanks left and right. The Troll is on top of the circle of the circle and the healer on the bottom. They may have to move around to respond at times.

The tanks role will be to pull the Demons (away) from the boss. It helps to have a troll using stuns and a nature healer for crowd control. The troll and healers job is to stun and control adds the tanks can’t reach yet or get right away. Once again everyone will use 1-3 bombs per demon.

Flaw of Method:

Requires trust in your tanks, troll, and healer. Must communicate.

Best Control:
3 Tanks, 3 DPS, 1 Troll, 1 Healer

The group forms a triangle rather than a circle. One tank is at the apex while the other two are at opposite sides of the base. The troll hangs out at the apex while the healer at the middle of the base. 1 DPS goes to the middle of each side of the triangle and always has a tank to his left and right.

All roles perform as in the Better Control Option above. The only difference is you gain an extra tank for control and lose a DSP.

Flaw of Method:

Loss of the DPS means longer time needed to damage the demons and get to your twenty. This is time for the feat to fail. It is a tradeoff really – this method is very sound – it is really about what you and your group is comfortable with.

My Choice for the Feat?:

Better Control:
2 Tanks, 1 Troll, 1 Healer, 4 DPS

It is the most balanced approach and easiest to pull off in my opinion.

Feat Three: Defeating 20 Demons before his 10

Actually this will happen by default when you run the Demon Feat – Hold the Line above. Or you probably will get it in a pug group as I did since it is not that hard to do.

Feat Four: Time Dilation

This is the high feat of the event and is resource intensive and demands you pick the best speed options throughout.

Your time for the feat begins when the first NPC dies. You have 5 minutes.

Feat Inventory – For One Run:

1: SuperSpeed Movement (Default, Boots, or Drink)
2: Orbital Strike (You MUST have it)
3: Q – Bombs (30 for Shards, 30 for Demons) 60 Total
4: Shields (I recommend for Shard & Boss Fight) 30 Total

*Shields interrupt the Anti-Monitor control effects. It is not 100% - but it is a HUGE help. Your team should cycle using them. You can tell when one is in effect because you will see pink bubbles around your character. The protection lasts about 12 seconds.

*Note: If you die and you are using the sports drink – you will need to use it again. The drink lasts for 5 minutes otherwise. So, plan on 1-2 Drinks per run.

Also, if you die – there is a real good chance the feat is lost. Not always – it depends WHEN it happens.

Before You Make The Feat Run

1: Form Your Team
2: Verify Inventory
3: Communicate in Chat
4: Explain the Feat and the Phases
5: Do a Dry Run (No Resources) to practice
6: Answer Questions after
7: Run it together as a team again if necessary

The Actual Feat Run – Here We Go!

REMEMBER….WE ARE PICKING THE FASTEST OPTIONS FOR ALL STAGES - IT WILL VARY FROM RUNNING THE OTHER FEATS.

TEAM MAKEUP (2 Healers, 1 Troll, 5 DPS)
Utility Belt Loadout: (Any order you like)
1: Your Trinkit
2: Q-Bombs
3: Shields
4: Orbital

Phase One: The Shard Phase

Everyone is using Superspeed as their movement mode. This can be done as follows:

1: Default mode of the toon
2: You use the Bolt Cola granting Superspeed for 5 minutes
3: You have the Superspeed Boots from the vault

Remember: Your CR is boosted to 230 – it does not matter and will not harm your stats or CR if you wear them!

Use two teams. Both go to the first shard – using bombs and dpsing together. When the shard is at 20% and the next shard appears - team two goes to that shard. They will.

1: Use Q-Bombs (2-3) & DPS
2: Use 1 Orbital Only (Orbitals on shards 2-9 Only)

From now on the teams will leap frog alternating shards as they attack. Ignore adds – only target along the way – go for the shards. Everyone will meet at the final shard.

Phase Two: Attack Monitor

With the Shard Phase done the 2nd Healer now switches to DPS. Discuss before the run who this will be. Everyone will now damage the Anti-Monitor. Use Damage De-Buffs if you can.

REMEMBER: Bombs do not work on the Anti-Monitor (but) your shields will – alternate use with team members.

Phase Three: Shadow Demon Phase

NO TANKS FOR THIS PHASE
Form circle around the boss & spread out
Use stuns to stop Demons from reaching Anti-Monitor
Use Q-Bombs on Demons 2-3 each (Reduces Health by 40%)
DPS

Remember – this is about killing as many Demons as you can as fast as you can – don’t hold back on Q Bombs and Shields!

Phase Four: Final Boss Fight

CONTROLLER SWITCHES TO DPS
Switch Bombs for Supply Drop Quickly
Cycle Supply Drops to help the healer with power
Your Orbitals have now re-charged…so
Cycle Orbitals on Boss – call this out – DO NOT OVERLAP ORBITALS!

DPS with everything you've got – including the kitchen sink!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Below is a great video I think is very helpful. It actually walks you through the Time Dilation feat and explains well the same things I learned from my runs and have tried to describe here.

Before you go for this final feat I suggest the whole team views it to understand and visualize how the feat run will progress.

Commander

Wow! Excellent guide, Beta!

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Arwen Skywalker
Arwen Skywalker
Loyal

I forgot that I had a video when I pugged Oly, Select Few league run.
Just to show what kind of DPS you need for time dilation and how much of a noob I really am.

Arwensky you are far from a noob, and great pick up in there Happy
BallandChain
Diva

Thank you Beta and Alyssa for the tips!

Awesome job Happy
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

I just want to get an idea of who still needs this speed feat. It's a bit easier this year with the boss-class add at each rock toned down as well as Anti-Monitor. Those were 2 speed bumps from the original version.

I'm thinking of doing this on Saturdays or Sundays around the usual meet-n-greet time if there are enough on.

Each week I'm going to leave the raid open on Alyssa, Takhisis & Kryo Jennyx until the weekend because they are my 3 fastest, but I will also reset Alyssa as many times as needed.

If you still need this, please leave a comment with your weekend schedule. We'll try to find a time when most can make it.

Thanks!

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Bump. If you're missing this still, don't rush into the raid at reset. I will be saving/forming the speed feat runs on weekends.

Because of the way scaling has been modified, along with augments & 2 artifact slots, this should be a bit easier to achieve.

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

We had a successful run on Saturday, keeping things pretty simple. We split into 2 teams, one going right (south) & the other left (north) to wipe out the rocks. The right team also fired supercharge & orbitals on the first boss round. The left team saved for the final. Those 2 rounds were significantly faster than previous years due to Eye of Gemini & Dead King Scepter.

We finished in 4:36!

The next run will be 1/12, 8:30pm EST. If you don't have the feat, save the run for the strongest toon on your account!

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Golden Dodge
Star

I will be there but will be on Crimson on my other account. I'll need to go in as a hero , then switch over to Crimson before everything starts.

Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Golden Dodge wrote:
I will be there but will be on Crimson on my other account. I'll need to go in as a hero , then switch over to Crimson before everything starts.

Cool! Hopefully enough will be on to form. I asked a few times this week and so far only Kimm & Scarlett are missing the feat. I will likely do a swap inside as well because Takhisis is better for a fast run. I left the run open on Takhisis & Kryo Jennyx... will do this every weekend of the event if people are still missing the feat.
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Last run was 4:29 & we had 1 of each support role. The previous 2 runs were 1 healer, 1 bunny & 6 dps.

Final run this weekend for anyone still missing the feat. I think we may have gotten through everyone actually.

*** Heroes ***

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Library All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: