ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

re: Age of Justice Feedback

Forum Image

For those who have played Episode 28: Age of Justice, please share your thoughts on:
- the storyline/dialog/voice acting
- artwork/graphics
- mechanics/difficulty
- rewards (gear/base items)

Please do not comment about the capsules. I'll do a separate one for that.

1) Time-Torn Area 51
- Solo Missions
- Daily Bounty (Paradox Demon)

2) War-Torn Village
- Solo Missions
- Weekly Bounties (Iconics)

3) Saving Justice (Alert)

4) War Crimes (Alert)

5) Justice for All (Raid, Elite Raid)

6) Ultimate Soldier (Raid, Elite Raid)
timetracker2643
Loyal

OK here are my thoughts so far when it comes to this new episode:

For those who have played Episode 28: Age of Justice, please share your thoughts on:

- the storyline/dialog/voice acting: So far the story line (at least for what I can get access to) looks great, the dialog I actually haven’t heard that much of considering I’m stuck to one area right now. However when it comes to the voice acting, that right there seems on par for what Daybreak has been doing. However I’m honestly wondering if someone that was working on the editing for the voice actors was watching Doctor Who at the time since at times when one of the Savage men talk, they sound like a Dalek from that show (and if you don’t know what a Dalek is, please Google them.).

- artwork/graphics: The art work looks great as far as I can tell, but then I’m not an artist so that’s a little out of my purview (that and it all depends these days if I’m looking at a screen that’s in HD or not)

- mechanics/difficulty: Yeah on this I’ve no idea what this means. However from what I’ve noticed with the exception of my electric toons, all the rest of the toons that I’ve put through so far have been kicking butt and not bothering with the names. For some reason when I went in there with an electric toon, I gave very little damage to the NPC’s that I fought. It’s almost like everything (even my heavy hitters) were doing nothing against them at all, and that’s not good.

- rewards (gear/base items): So far the rewards have been good, actually leveling up on the gear has been great, and getting feats based on the base items is good, considering that they give you the usual on the different amounts that you get a feat on when it comes to the collection on the base items. The gear is something where I have to learn the different colors on, that way I can know if I’m getting the highest gear sets (very confusing on that one).

Please do not comment about the capsules. I'll do a separate one for that.: Wasn’t planning on commenting on this anway.

1) Time-Torn Area 51: Can’t access this area since you have to be a certain level CR in order to get access to it, and right now I’m not even close to getting access to it.
- Solo Missions
- Daily Bounty (Paradox Demon)

2) War-Torn Village: This has been interesting so far, however I’ve yet to play it since they put the Hot Fix in there so I don’t exactly know what’s changed so far. From what I’ve been able to see, it looks very interesting.

- Solo Missions: I haven’t gone through all the solos yet, but when I have, those should be interesting as well, so far I’ve only done a couple, and they’ve repeated a few times so I don’t know all the missions that are to be had in this.

- Weekly Bounties (Iconics): I’ve only done this so far with one toon, haven’t done it with the rest yet

3) Saving Justice (Alert): Haven’t done it yet, not high enough

4) War Crimes (Alert): Same as above

5) Justice for All (Raid, Elite Raid): Again, same as above

6) Ultimate Soldier (Raid, Elite Raid): and for the last time, same as above.

"Have Hope, I Do" -Blue Lantern Kyle Rayner
List of Characters:
Main- Timetracker2643 (Ultimate Justice League) - Controller/Bunny(Light/Will)
Jade2643 (Justice Girls) - Bunny (Light/Will)
Impulse2643 (Justice Girls) - Healer (Speed/Electric)
Bleezz2643 (Justice Girls) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Huntress2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Bunny (Light/Fear)
Bleez2643 (Justice Girls Dark) - Tank (Light/Rage)
Inertia2643 (Justice Girls Dark - Healer (Speed/Electric)
GuyGardner2643 (Ultimate Justice League) Tank (Light/Rage)
Alyssa Goldenblade
Team Goldenblade
Commander

Artwork/Graphics

A WWII setting is an extremely tough sell for me. I generally do not like books, movies, games, etc. with that theme, but yet there are a few shining exceptions. Saving Private Ryan is one of my favorite movies and I think Daybreak captured this in a video game format. The design and detail of the War-Torn City are up-to-par with recent work from Amazon Fury III and the Starro version of Atlantis.

Forum Image

Mechanics/Difficulty
I like the variety of interactions for the daily missions and instances. There are a couple of things I would change:

1) Ultra-Humanite in Saving Justice: I initially thought the JSA members were locked up in a random configuration each time, but then realized it's a fixed setup. I would have liked for it to be different so players get in the habit of scouting before jumping in.

2) The iconic bosses in the village have the "4" icon on the mission like the A51 boss, but are clearly higher. Even kiting them to the large room, their AoE hits and KO's most non-tanks in the area. Meanwhile, with patience, 0-diff and a nice clearing, some of the A51 bounties can be solo'd.

Forum Image

Overall, the difficulty of the content is a bit on the low side. It's been a while since we've gone from large content to large content. The length of time in AF3 pretty much meant everyone entering AoJ is at least cr189 despite the entry being cr186. Many who have played Starro casually would be entering at cr191... just a -5 penalty on small content. This is very small compared to what we were used to at and before AF3 (roughly -20 to -13).

Rewards (gear/base items)
I'm usually happy with the base items as I have a variety of different characters with different themes. This set will certainly get used a lot by my villains. As with every episode, I don't like collections/investigations awarding base items. They should be iconic styles. Base items should always be drops so that they wouldn't be as finite.

The gear rewards are very generous in my opinion given the brevity of many missions. Greens in larger content are a bit more of an issue this time around because of the gaps between caps for green, blue & purple. The greens will already cap when characters are cr193, so it's not good to see these after you just toughed out a raid!

1) Time-Torn Area 51
Solo Missions: These are well done. I think all of the counters are fair and fast. There are no missions with lopsided counters or multiple steps (as in the past). The only complaint I have here is the turret mission. After interaction, there's no way to avoid that last cheap shot no matter how fast you fast-move away.

Daily Bounty (Paradox Demon): This is fine, but it would have been the thing I'd cut for complaints on dailies being grindy. I would have expected this to be weekly.

2) War-Torn Village
This was a great idea to open up to the public for a month to give them a taste of the full Episode.

Solo Missions: Great scenery with efficient missions. These are more enjoyable than A51 simply because of the new artwork.

Weekly Bounties (Iconics): The mission itself is OK, but the space is too small. In my opinion, this should probably have been a single weekly kill with a feat for getting the 4.

3) Saving Justice (Alert): Although the hallways are repetitive, the boss fights are interesting. The boss fight rooms also look nice. I always enjoy fighting alongside iconics and we have 2 Wonder Women in this one! It's fun tanking with them as well. Sometimes they help me body block the boss and other times they body block them away from where I'm trying to get them!

Forum Image

4) War Crimes (Alert): This is the easier of the 2 alerts. I like the variety in difficulty here where we have 1 with optional mechanics, but mostly tank and spank and the other with required mechanics. Eclipso could be dialed up a bit.

5) Justice for All (Raid, Elite Raid): This one felt like an 8-player version of War Crimes, but in the Saving Justice location. Like the alerts, interesting boss fights. The hallway setups are also unique because of the sandbags. So positioning for the tank is a factor. I enjoy setups like this that make us think about strategy.

Forum Image

6) Ultimate Soldier (Raid, Elite Raid): Haven't had a chance to try this yet.

Overall
I like this, I like this a whole bunch! I am comfortable with the day-to-day routine for this episode. Although I would have preferred the AF3 format with a duo and 1 alert, this isn't that big of a difference for me. It's fun from a casual perspective and leaves room for when a seasonal comes out. Time will tell if this episode keeps my interest as long as AF3.

*** Heroes ***
Alyssa Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Aleena Goldenblade (Justice Girls)
Shadowdragon (SilverAge Society)
Kryo Jennyx (Knights of Solamnia)
Ann Zirski (Knights of Solamnia)

"Est sularus oth mithas"

*** Ebils ***
Takhisis (Justice Girls Dark)
Tirnoch (Justice Girls Dark)
Lord Verminaard (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Soth (Knights of Takhisis)
Lord Marek (Knights of Takhisis)

"Est sudanus oth nikkas"
Brandy TankTyke
Diva

The only thing I really don't like, which someone summed up nicely in the forum, is that it seems that it is becoming Dps Universe Online. All the alerts seemed pretty easy right off the bat at 186. I like support roles. I think the role less buffs are WAY too op. The healing, power, etc. without a healer, troll, etc. was over the top. Lots of people complained on the Test Server Forum about all this before it even came out, and Mepps responded that he was aware. In the end, this is what came out.

I Love all the Dailies. I'm a big fan of open world missions. They are easy at Cr 186, but honestly considering the minimum cr was 166 for Amazon, BUT you could not actually even do damage or survive Until you were 170 about, I was happy these were better. I'm having fun. I think they did a Awesome Job with War Torn Village. I think they actually did a great job reusing A51 and not making it feel like the same old place. Kudos on open world.
I'm not sure I like that the Raids and Alerts seem like the exact same place. Or that the alerts are just the same place ,but going backwards, .
I Love the new base items. Gear is fine. The only issue for me is the R and D. I think the SF Essences are a little high to mod gear, especially with new content coming in September. My main issue is the randomness of Focus Elements dropping and that you can't get them in open world. Yet, I can get a huge abundance of Core Elements and can choose them Everytime in open world. In amazon, the solo gave one, and the duo gave another to choose Every time.

It probably doesn't need to be mentioned that the US Last Boss being glitched still is horrible.

Overall though, I am enjoying the new content. My nightwing based gadgets and nature werewolf seem at home in the village.

I also wanted to mention, that I leveled ALOT of alts with Starro from Cr 166 to 187/186. So I was able to play this new dlc. There isn't really any way that doing Starro could get you up to 191. The main thing with Starro from what the devs said was to allow you to level up alts, which they did. If it had been set to 188 or higher, Starro would not have transitioned them in; I would still have to get Amazon Vendor gear and alot of it. Just some feedback on that. :-)

I do think the span/range of difficulty numbering has been even more strange lately. Amazon starting at cr 166 and going up to 190's was strange. Most people started it around 175. I was surprised this was at 186 and easy at 186,but honestly glad. I want to play more casual.

Dcuo isn't a hard core mmo to begin with. If I wanted hardcore, I would be playing another mmo. (not one where a friend can buy you 'skill' points from the broker because they have a lot of money or you can buy them in real life, or trade wins in pvp. 'Skill' points mean nothing in this game). Point being: I'm glad it's more casual because it is a casual game, not a hard core mmo.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: