ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Harley's Funhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden Dodge
Star

re: Ready Player One

There are a few who knew I was waiting for the movie and even with all the changes made from book to movie, I was still greaty impressed with it all.

I love movies that have a lot of cross-character stuff in them. Going back to Roger Rabbit or something like Wreck It Ralph, even the CLAMP manga that I used to religiously read as they always crossed their worlds over in some form. And Sword Art Online is a favorite as I will always hope for a full-dive vr world in my lifetime.

Reading the book took me back to games I played (and barely remember) on an old Tandy pc I used to have or my Atari 2600. Even my old D&D stuff popped back into my head and that stuff has been gone for almost 30 years. As with all books it had some slow moments and a few chapters that brought out a few "WTF..Really?" thoughts. But, overall I found my memory and the imagination of a vr world described like it was just astounding and the content used throughout was just amazing.

With the movie I knew there would be massive changes, especially in rights for the characters and media used. Spielberg doing it was a plus as for me, he does not disappoint. As I watched though, there was so much more in there that you didn't see in previews (thankfully) and there are a few plot points of stickiness but just the overall blast of characters, vehicles, weaponry, movie references, locations (Planet Doom!!!...starts to sing the Doom song...) and Easter eggs inside a movie about finding the ultimate Easter egg was more than overwhelming...it was mind-numbing.

I saw it today in 3d and am debating going again tomorrow just to see if a 2nd viewing will yield more goodies.

I don't want to state anything that happens that isn't in any of the trailers but o..m..g I honestly cannot wait for it to come out on dvd just to freeze frame it for hidden stuff, and the sequence for getting the Jade Key (2nd key) is not just awesome.....it was totally out-of-this-world fantastic.

I think I will find the major (still undiscovered) easter egg in Guardians of the Galaxy before I figure out all of them in Ready Player One.

And movies like this always get me thinking, as to a vr world where we can log in and be our characters on a vr DCUO planet, or for those of you that were on COH the same thing there. Looking how far games have progressed since Pong, who knows...it may happen.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Harley's Funhouse All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: