ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Relic / Karman
New Girl

re: Tree of Life...Atropa Part 2

....Continue.....

BBBBOOOOOMMMMM, another explosion followed by gun fire. Red lights start flashing as people start running toward the exit. Emily drops behind a desk out of instinct as John comes up beside her. The automated defense turret comes to life and starts firing at the intruders.

‘FALL BACK INTO DEFENSIVE POSITIONS, LEXCOPS TROPPS ARE ENGAGED’

John grabs Emily’s hand and pulls her toward the exit.

“Come on,” he shouts, “we have to get out of here while the turret is firing.”

They make a few feet when they see LexCorps troops entering their part of the lab. Both of them quickly turn and run toward the exit on the other side of the room. Emily sees the turret firing, not at the intruders, but at her fellow lab technicians, gunning them down at the exit. Then the automated turret turns its guns toward Emily and John.

With no time to register why the turret is attacking them, Emily dives behind some file cabinets just as the hail of bullets riddle the floors and walls searching for a target.

She looks back just as John’s bullet riddled, lifeless body falls to the floor next to her. Emily stares in horror and covers her mouth to suppress her screams, her mind racing with panicking thoughts. She hears more explosions and fighting as the alarm and lights keep going off adding to her fear. The turret finally stops firing and sinks back down into the floor waiting for another target.

Sliding over and underneath a table, Emily pulls her legs tight against her chest trying not to make any noise when her phone starts ringing. Frantic, she grabs her phone and sees its Brit calling her.

“Brit, what the hell is happening?” she whispers. “I’m stuck in the lab and the turret…..it….its firing at us…..killed John and there are still guys with guns on the other side of the lab.”

“M, you stay down and stay hidden. I’m on my way. Don’t know what’s going on, but we got caught with our pants down and we are screwed if we don’t get control back,” she says, sounding out of breath as she runs toward the Genomics Lab. “The turrets are hacked and we’re working on that.”

“OK, I’m under a workstation, southeast corner, a few feet from the turret, please hurry,” she whispers.

Brit runs through the crowd of people trying to get out of the facility making her way to Emily. The sounds of gunfire, screams and sirens are all around her.

Reaching the 3rd floor, she makes her away around the corner she sees a fellow security officer on the ground, bleeding from an unseen wound.

As she approaches him, he makes a stop motion with his hand and puts up three fingers and cuts his eyes behind him. Nodding her confirmation to him, she takes a deep breath and slowly slides her way to the corner of the hall.

She points to him and mouths the words to stay down. Checking her clip and taking another deep breath, she mumbles an ancient incantation, crouches and rolls around the corner firing her weapon.

The first shot hits one LexCorps trooper mid-thigh, dropping him to the floor, the next hit him in the chest bouncing off his vest, but sent him flying backwards into the wall. The other two drop to a knee and raised their weapons to fire, but magical spheres spread along the hallway hitting the men before they could return fire. Another set of spheres ignite along the hallway cutting the LexCorps troops down.

The first trooper watched his comrades’ fall from the magical energy. In only a few seconds, both men were lying still, beaten and battered. He was about to move when he sees the S.T.A.R. security guard standing over him pointing her gun.

“What the hell did you do to them?” he yells at the woman, but stops when he sees her hands start to glow.

“Then same thing I’m going to do to you.”

The LexCorps trooper screams for just a few seconds before falling silent. Brit runs back over to the wounded guard.

The guard tries to move, but collapses in pain. “Hang on buddy, we’ll get you out of here,” she says grabbing her radio.

“Dispatch, Sergeant Rogers…I need medics, third floor…..northeast hallway outside the lab. Keep on your toes, turrets are still active down here and not friendly.”

“Ten four Sergeant, in route to your location, 5 mikes” came the response.

She grabs his pistol and reloads it, then places it back in his hand. “OK, stay put, keep pressure on that wound, help is on the way,” she says as the guard gives her a thumb up.

Brit stands back up, says a few words as a glowing rune hovers above the wounded man.

“That will protect you until help arrives,” she says.

She makes her way to the lab entrance, steps over the bodies and peers around the corner. The turret is in in the floor, but she can’t see Emily.

“M?” she yells from around the corner. “I’m here, are you ok? Are you hurt?”

Emily eyes widen when she hears her friends voice. “Brit, I’m so happy to hear your voice. I’m fine, just a deep cut on my…….hand,” she says panicked.

Looking down at her lab coat, she follows the trail of blood to her coat pocket. ‘Oh no, no, no, no, please no.’ Looking inside, the jar containing the pants is shattered.

She had her phone in the same pocket. Cursing under her breath she looks at her hand and see numerous pieces of glass and several thorns from the plants imbedded in her hand.

“M? What’s wrong? Can you move?” Brit calls out.

‘Dammit, dammit she thinks looking at her hand. Of all the stupid…….’ “Yes, I can move, but the turret…”

“I’ll take care of the turret. I need you to move toward the isle and when I tell you, Haul ass to me. We will have a couple seconds, but that should enough time for me to protect you. OK?”

Emily slowly make her way to the edge of the file cabinets, takes off her heels and gets her feet under her in a runner’s stance.

“OK, I’m at the edge.” She is right next to the body of John still staring lifeless at her and her eyes start to tear. “You sure this is going to work, please tell me it’s going to work.”

Brit takes off her helmet and holsters her pistol. “It will work, just keep moving until you get to me and around the corner, and do not stop. No matter what you see, just keep running. On three, ready? ….1….2…3,” she yells and steps around the corner, firing a beam of arcane magic from her hands hitting the turret.

Emily hears three and takes off running toward Brit. She sees her friend step out of the hallway, her hands glowing as a beam of light passes to her left.

She feels the energy from the beam as it shoots past her. Trying not to be shocked, she keeps running as she hears the turret come to life, its guns making tell-tell sound of loading the chambers.

Brit sees her friend running toward her and keeps concentrating her energy on the turret, hitting it with beam after beam of arcane energy. The blasts are not doing enough damage to stop the turret as it pops open and turns its guns toward Emily.

“Damn it”, she says.

Brit knows Emily is not going to make it in time. She stops concentrating on the turret and runs toward her friend. Emily hears the guns come to life and knows her life is over. The beam of energy from Brit stops and she sees her friend running toward her.

“M, get down NOW,” Brit yells diving toward her.

Emily begins to drop to the floor as Brit reaches her. Emily watches as Brit puts her body between her and the turret. She speaks some mystical words and suddenly a bubble forms around her, just as the bullets find their mark.

Emily just stares at Brit as the bullets are deflected harmless away.

“Brit…?” she says almost in a whisper.

Brit looks down at her, sweat coming from her brow. “M, don’t know how long I can hold this….” she says. Starting to strain, she smiles, “We will be ok….I…won’t let…..anything happen…to you, but we need to move NOW,” she yells.

Emily starts to stand, when; from seemingly out of nowhere, a metal shield comes flying past the two women, slicing perfectly between them and penetrating the turret, sending a shower of sparks flying in all directions, silencing the guns.

With turret destroyed, Brit lowers the bubble and turns around, watching as the shield returns to its owner. “Well how about that,” she says helping Emily to her feet.

Comanderette American catches her shield and walks over to the two ladies.

Nodding toward Brit, “Well done soldier. You two alright?”

“We’re good, thanks for the save,” Brit says to the heroine.

“You look like you were holding your own ma’am. Now, you seem capable, get the wounded and the rest of these civilians to safety Sergeant. Floors below have been cleared. We’ll handle the rest,” she says walking toward the hallway.

“Thank you,” says a stuttering Emily.

“We all just do our part ma’am.” With that Comanderette America disappears around the corner.

Emily feels Brit pulling her toward the exit, the last 10 minutes could have been years the way she feels right now. Her head begins to spin as all the adrenalin of the last few moments starts fading away causing her to stumble.

Brit pulls Emily closer to her, “Whoa M, I got you.”

Emily stops and looks at her friend. “Brit, what the hell was all that?” she ask, but never hears the answer as the world blacks out around her.

to be continued......
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: