Who's Online
NEW @ DCUO Forums

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - SunGoddess
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Raarsi
Star

re: Raarsi tells her tale (FINALE IS UP!)

((At a lounge somewhere in the Watchtower, Raarsi clears her throat and begins to speak...))

"First off, don't let this body fool you, for I've been around for a very long time. I try not to think of how long it's been for fearing how old I truly am."

((Raarsi shudders for a second before continuing.))

"Now then, I have traversed many other realms before coming to this one, and I think it was when those pyramid things out in the desert were being built that I arrived here with my brother, who was lost around when that empire fell. What powers I had were minor skills of what humans call a 'witch': scrying, hexes and the like. From then, I scoured this world, seeking magical forces that were being drawn out by those who lived on Earth. Most of the time, such magic was impressive only because it's goal was to bluff: not exactly illusionary stuff, just a lie that enough people took too seriously. Sure I've been around and in public under many different names over the years (still no clue about how the name 'merlin' came about, that's not even close)."

((After a brief pause in thought, Raarsi continues...))

"Now if something as small as minor magical fonts have lured me around for so long, then exobytes were definitely the jackpot. I managed to gather three separate magical exobytes; two I could sense were from Circe and Faust, and the other I assumed to be from Brother Blood. Such power...even now, I'm still suprised that a human form like this can handle it."

((As she's talking, Raarsi holds her hand out, displaying three separate magical auras in the order of purple, white, and crimson.))

"I've done a lot of things since then, much like all of you have. I even managed to find my brother's soul and used my new powers to bind him into a boy who would've died were it not for that ritual. So much I can do with these abilities, and yet there's still so much more to be done--oh crap, forgot about patrol! See you all around!"

((Raarsi gets up and rushes off, speeding off to the nearest teleporter.))

Last edited by Raarsi on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Supergirly
Star

Wow, so 3 different mages powers. Now that is a scary thought for Kara. Nice intrigue though. I hope you add more details later. Happy
Raarsi
Star

((At a table in the Oblivion Bar, a boy clad in demonic armor sits by himself before a plate of chicken appetizers, seeming lost in deep thought as he begins talking to himself....))

"Dear sister, what have you done...."

((He continues to think as he starts eating.))

Four thousand years, and just now she figures out how to bring me back to this realm. And once more, not a month here and she has already invoked the same powers of Khandaq that sent me to the demon realm and nearly destroyed half an empire in the process. Sometimes I wonder if she chooses not to think about consequences amidst her joy of experimentation.

((While he eats, a young sentinel of magic sits at his table. Despite the boy not paying any attention to her, she begins to talk to him.))

"Excuse me, are you the one they call Alastor? I would like to get some information about you and your sister for records of both the Sentinels of Magic and the Justice League."

((The boy raises an eyebrow)) "Hmm, a telepath? Interesting....very well then. Yes, I am Alastor, and I suppose I could humor you about my story. What do you wish to know?"

"Um ok." ((the sentinel pulls out an old tome and uses a finger to write down her notes)) "So for now, simply tell me some basic information, where you are from, what can you do, so on and so forth."

((Alastor eats the last of his food before talking)) "Raarsi and I have been known by many names, the closest of which I have heard has been the human term 'star-children'. We were not borne of beings, we were borne of what you mages would know as a subplanar realm. Both of us had only two powers that distinguished us from humans here: the ability to develop powers from the magical energies of whatever plane we were on, and immortality through the habitation of beings on the plane we reside on. Do not worry, as these bodies are normally of the recently departed, and any process of a soul transfer must be done every thousand years or so unless some sort of magical strain is involved."

((The young sentinel quickly pauses after recording all that Alastor said)) "So how does that explain the differences in powers between yourself and your sister? And if this, er....'soul transfer' process takes as long as it does, how old does this make you and your sister?"

((Alastor's face turns to an annoyed expression)) "About four thousand years ago, my sister did something that separated us and sent me into the realm you call 'hell'. She returned me fairly recently and put me into a form I had when we first arrived on this realm. I had heard from her that she also invoked powers known here as 'shazam' on some random girl because she dreamt of demons.....perhaps for good intentions, but she has always had a habit of ignoring the rammifications to anything she ever does. Oh, and for age, I have unfortunately lost count of the eons which we have lived, and Raarsi could never stand the thought of knowing how old she is, always taking the forms of younger women....hmm, like yours, only never as.... attractive." ((A wicked grin grows slowly across his face))

((The sentinel blushes as she gets flustered from Alastor's comment)) "UM, er....right, well my name is Tronese if you wish to speak to me further about yourself or Raarsi. I'll--"

(Alastor interrupts her)) "I will find you if you are in need of more information dear Tronese. I can tell that my sister has probably been less cooperative than I in these details, but my time in a realm of demons has left me less.....restrictive of providing knowledge." ((As he gets up and walks to the door, he raises his voice)) "Now if you will excuse me, oh blessed damsel of light and wisdom, I must do the task I came her for."

((As Alastor walks out, every denizen of the bar stares in Tronese's direction. Realizing the awkward position that Alastor has placed her in, she quickly closes her eyes and teleports out of the bar.))
filament fish

I like the dialog. Great story!
Supergirly
Star

I like this too oh and Kara approves of the chicken appetizers (chicken fingers...her favorite)

- Kara Happy
Raarsi
Star

((At a lone table in the middle of a darkened room, a crystal ball lights up and blinks a few times before an image of a girl sitting on a Gotham rooftop, holding a machine projecting a rotating hologram of a small figure. Incoherent sound echoes from the crystal ball before the sounds clearly match the image in the ball.))

*Incoherent noise*--”NTER BOUNTY: RAARSI. ADVANCED USER OF REGENERATIVE POWERS. HAS BEEN SEEN WORKING IN TANDEM WITH THE METAHUMAN KAZRAH. WANTED DEAD ON COUNTS OF AIDING AND ABETTING THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS AND ELIMINATION OF SEVERAL MANHUNTERS.”

((As the girl listens to the message, she presses a couple of buttons causing the hologram to retreat into the machine in her palm.))

“That's nice. Where's that cute boy I saw earlier in the records....ah, here he is.”

((The girl's face lights up as the machine projects a hologram of a different figure and starts to play a different audio message.))

“MANHUNTER BOUNTY: KAZRAH. ADVANCED METAHUMAN. CAPABLE OF VARIOUS PSYCHIC POWERS, INCLUDING THE CREATION OF ILLUSIONS MIMICING HARDLIGHT CONSTRUCTS. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. WANTED DEAD ON COUNTS OF AIDING AND ABETTING THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS AND THE ELIMINATION OF HUNDREDS OF MANHUNTERS.”

((The girl stares intently at the hologram until button on the machine begins to beep rapidly. She presses the button, quickly shifting her face to a look of aggravation as the hologram switches from the figure to that of a head. The sound of a female voice echoes from the machine, matching the mouth of the hologram.))

“Deputy Fanari, have you not received your latest missions? Although you may be a project of the human Lex Luthor, you are still under MY authority, and I will not have you loafing around amusing yourself from a hologram, do you hear me?”

((The girl shrugs, speaking in an annoyed tone with her teeth barred.)) “Yes sergeant, loud and clear. I shall not disappoint the Sinestro Corps.”

((The face of the hologram looks up at the girl with an equally annoyed expression.)) “Hmph, it's best you don't child, or else my wrath will not be the only thing you will suffer. Now get moving and eliminate the green lantern you have been order to.”

((Upon the last word of the hologram, it retreats back into the machine. The girl Fanari stands up, turning off the machine and clipping it back onto her right gauntlet. She starts talking to herself, rationalizing her purpose as she surveys the nearby streets.))

“How does she have the right to order me around? I'm only supposed to answer to Lex, where does that uptight bitch get the authority over me? Why can't Sinestro intervene on HIS behalf and tell her that I'm Lex's project of manipulating yellow power rings, not just one more grunt cleared for cannon fodder? Gah, so pissed off from that sergeant that I forgot what I was supposed to do—oh right, take out some Green Lantern deputy. What was his name, Hallix? Right, guess I'll go find him then, at least to shut that hardass up.” ((Fanari takes a quick look at her ring before flying off into the night.))

((The image inside the crystal ball fades, the light from it dying down with it. At the sound of snapping fingers, candles around the room illuminate the entire room, revealing a ravaged, elderly, robed woman with long white hair pulling herself away from the crystal ball on the table she sits at. She bears a worried face, pondering on all that she saw and heard from the ball before her as she turns over to a bed occupied by a pale young girl with short black hair, her body scarred with numerous glowing magical markings.))

“So those Manhunters have finally started searching for me. I guess it's a good thing that Kazrah can keep them distracted while I finish up with the transfer. How could that ritual on Kara forced me to do this so soon—this body is only a couple hundred years old, it should have held up to a divine channeling like when I did it on Alastor. Bah, no point thinking about this in a dying body. I must perform the transfer.”

((A large orb of light slowly comes out of the mouth of the old woman, causing her body to fall lifeless on the floor. The orb then darts into the body of the young girl on the bed, causing her eyes to open and glow a violet hue and her markings to cease their glowing, appearing as normal tattoos. The girl takes a deep breath, checking her limbs and extremities as she gets up out of the bed. She talks to herself, checking her new voice and dressing herself as she continues her thought process.))

“Good thing my old clothes still fit this new body. Now where was I—oh, I need to talk to Kazrah about—“

((The girl is interrupted by a voice echoing in her mind.)) *Way ahead of you Raarsi, I'll wreck a few more Manhunters and go find this Hallix person for you. Just keep recuperating and enjoy that new body of yours.*

((Raarsi replies to the voice in her head.)) “Thank you dearie. Do you like the short hair?.....Fine then, don't talk to me, see if I care!”

((After several seconds, the voice sounds off again in her mind.)) *Didn't think she'd keep that body naked for as long as she did. I'll have to thank her for that wonderful image.*

“I HEARD THAT KAZRAH!! DON'T MAKE ME TURN YOU INTO A DOG AGAIN!!”
Raarsi
Star

((Over the streets of the Metropolis Chinatown district, a young Green Lantern deputy is performing a regular patrol. While flying through the city, his attention is diverted as an old tome sticking out of a dumpster catches his eye. The deputy floats down toward the dumpster, grabbing the tome and cleaning it off only to find the dilemma of what he has just found.))

“Hmm, 'Sentinel of Magic Tronese, Clairvoyant Division'....((he flips through a couple of the pages))....this is a journal, what's it doing in the trash?” ((He starts reading the page he had flipped to.))

*Report Entry: Third interview with the magical entity known as Alastor. Once again, he persisted in trying to turn my interview with him into some kind of date. I know I am supposed to keep this from being personal, but sometimes I do wish he was uglier so I could maintain some level of professionalism. Today he told me that the power that sent him into a demon realm was because of his sister Raarsi invoking the powers of Shazam. Alastor also told me that she was able to bestow those powers onto a Kryptonian girl, a being like Superman. I must find this Kryptonian in order to ensure that she does not prove to be a harm to herself or others, however Alastor told me that his sister has been using another ally to keep watch over the girl. I must learn more....*

((The Green Lantern deputy looks up from the book, pausing to rationalize what he just read.))“Weird, why would a sentinel of magic be going that far to find a metahuman? Now I'm really surprised this was in a dumpster.” ((He flips through more pages and continues reading.))

*Journal Entry: Today, I was the third sentinel tasked with attempting to read the mind of Raarsi in order to understand the true intentions of the sorceress. This was the first mission I was given which I had feared of being a death trap, as the first and second sentinels charged with this mission both failed horribly. Sentinel Rho to perform the ritual of clairvoyance had his head explode within a minute of starting the ritual. Sentinel Falazzi, head of my sentinel division, seemed to have her mind shattered through some unknown mental feedback, barely managing to utter the words 'spectral guardians' before she died.* ((He flips the page over, focusing intently on this entry.))

*I did the ritual and entered her mind, only to find myself in a foggy deadzone. In her mind, I quickly found myself hearing echoes, echoes of a voice that I was certain didn't belong to Raarsi. The voice addressed me by name, asking me what I was doing in her mind and if I had known what happened to the others that tried to invade her mind. I know I wasn't supposed to panic, but I did. I dropped to my knees and cried, fearful that my life, like Sentinels Rho and Falazzi, would end painfully and abruptly, but what happened left me confused. A boy clad in black and silver armor walked towards me, lowering himself to clear my eyes and speaking in the same voice that echoed throughout Raarsi's mind. He said that I would not be harmed if I followed his orders of leaving Raarsi's mind and finding a member of the Green Lantern Corps named Hallix to tell him he is in danger of a girl named Fanari.*

((The deputy's eyes widen as he nears the end of the entry.)) “How the hell did that guy know my name? Wait, Fanari.....that's a Sinestro Corps deputy! But how do I find this sentinel to give them back this book?” ((Hallix flips through the rest of the journal only to divert his attention toward a note sticking out behind the last page. He pulls the note out and reads it.))

*I have been captured by Brainiac's forces. Whoever finds this journal, please keep it, as I or another Sentinel of Magic in my division can use it to find you for its return. PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS JO--(scribbled lines with a line running off the note)*

“Uh oh, I guess I'll keep this then. They probably will know I read it being a psychic and all, so I guess I'll keep up their work to compensate and find that Kryptonian or whoever wrote this. Hmm, I should probably report this to a superior as well.” ((Hallix flies off toward the Chinatown Police Station, the book held firmly in his hands and thoughts of his imminent future clear in his head.))
Supergirly
Star

Awesome! This goes directly with the RP that actually happened. At least he has found the Kryptonian girl now Happy Now we will have to see what these powers that were sent into her might mean?
Raarsi
Star

((In the Shen Li Po Gardens of Metropolis's Chinatown District, a young girl dressed in workout clothes rests peacefully on a park bench. She quickly perks up in reaction to the feeling of time standing still as a boy clad in black and silver armor teleports in near her bench. She gets up off the bench, acknowledging the boy's presence.))

“How was Raarsi's soul transfer Kazrah?”

((The boy smiles)) “It went well Celkie. She's still readjusting it seems, but she will manage as usual. Her only concern was how that Shazam ritual nearly decimated her old body after having it for just a brief time compared to her past bodies. Short hair this time, and a bit leaner I think. It is....attractive, to say the least, but I have seen better.” ((His smile slowly becomes a wide grin.))

((Celkie giggles, her face getting slightly redder.)) “Well that's a nice thought. No fair that she can pick whatever body she wants while I have work with just my own. Oh yeah, that new STAR Labs armor you recommended definitely helps. Adhesive boots, grappling hook gauntlets, I must admit that this new tech stuff actually does help, but I do want to ask why Raarsi wanted me to get this for.”

((Kazrah closes his eyes, pointing to a far off Brainiac Harvester Ship.)) “There's a Lantern in that ship who tried to rescue a trapped Sentinel of Magic in there, only to get himself caught. Raarsi has a great interest in that boy, so she wants you to go get him. I'm sure she'll meet you there as well.”

((A quizzical look grows across Celkie's face.)) “Uh, why me? Why that boy, and what about the Sentinel of Magic?”

((Kazrah opens his eyes again, glancing over to the ship.)) “Raarsi is being tracked by several groups, and I unfortunately have my hands tied fending them off while her recovery ensues. Do not bother with the Sentinel, she was digitized as soon as she got on that ship, but I would expect that Lantern to resist against such a tragic thought. You may have to use some force against him in his retrieval.”

“Got it...” ((Celkie pauses for a moment, taking a seat next to Kazrah on the park bench.)) “Say Kaz, I've been meaning to ask you for a while now. I know I couldn't thank you enough for saving me from Luthor's nightmare hospital, but why did you save just me back then?”

((After a pause, Kazrah takes a deep breath before talking, keeping his sight on a crack in the concrete walkway.)) “I knew who you were. A life of pain trapped by an entity trying to make you a tool or a weapon at their disposal. A life not unlike mine ((his face goes to a melancholy expression)). My suffering was paused with three years of paradise in a small village with an amazing girl ((he diverts his glance back to Celkie, giving her a broken smile)). That was the girl I meant when I said that you remind me of her when I saved you. You still do.”

((Taken aback from his story, Celkie regains herself as she stands up from the bench.)) “I should go. That Lantern won't hold out for long. What's the Lantern's name?”

“Oh, Hallix. He found a journal from that Sentinel of Magic with various entries about Raarsi, so she thinks it'd be in his best interest to keep him under our company. He's been fighting for a while, so he should be worn out by the time you arrive. Raarsi will provide your gateway when you're ready.”

((Celkie nods to Kazrah as he teleports off, returning the air to a sense of normalcy. Celkie pauses for a brief second, uttering a few words to herself before rushing off into the city.))
Raarsi
Star

((On a bed placed in the middle of a magically sealed room of Ellsworth Hospital, a girl with short red hair lies in a hospital bed hooked up to nearly every remaining scanning device in the wing recently devastated by Brother Blood's demons. As the girl remains incapacitated by an anesthetic, four heroes ponder about the potential ally that the aspire to aid as they each spend a small portion of time alone with her in the room.))

Oh, I've always had a fascination with these beings that others call 'metahumans'. I've seen many abilities in my lifetime that relied on either advanced technological sources or years of extreme magical training, and yet I have seen metahuman beings match these powers simply by being themselves. The very first I met was Kazrah, a boy who had psychic powers even before he was introduced to exobytes, which only made him stronger. I've always envied him for how much power he has attained in his short life, which is unfortunate because he has always been well aware of that.

This one before me, this young girl named Theras, is quite remarkable. A girl so fast that she can ingite the very air around her, and I have a feeling that she may just have the potential to be as powerful as Kazrah.....yes, hopefully that will shake him up a bit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"'The potential to be as powerful'...one of these days she'll be grateful to take me off that damn pedestal of hers. I suppose she could be onto something about metahumans, but I honestly hope that her experiences with Kara will make her realize that there are downsides to having powers devoid of thinking about them."

Now for this girl we have saved, it seems like she had a nice and cheery life, or at least that's most of what she remembers...hmm, Lexcorp project 2304-87, codename "starfall"...lot of time blank, so I guess the only way to keep her escaping was to keep her unconcious. She's a speedster, so one of the tubes attatched to her I guess was a feeding tube. Hopefully Hallix knows how to make a buffet out of that ring of his while doing his analysis...or at least figure out how to work the tubing himself. And I REALLY hope Celkie can control herself around her.

Grr, what does she have that I don't? What could Raarsi possibly want with her that I couldn't do? 'Oh, she's a speedster', that just means she'll hit a wall faster. 'Oh, she can set things on fire', so can we, it's called WRECKAGE!! So what does that old hag see in this Theras chick that makes her so friggin' special.

Although on the other hand, it would be nice to finally associate myself with another human girl. Even with all her years on Earth, that old hag is still so alien to human female issues that I can't even communicate with her on any level. All that'd be left is Kazrah who's just as antisocial as the hag is, and that lantern boy Hallix whose achilles heel is simply his achilles crotch. I guess I should thank this girl for giving me a chance to restore some my sanity amidst this crowd of the socially unstable. Ah, speaking of which, I can smell the lantern coming. This oughta be entertaining...

"Ah, scans are back. Lets see, eighteen year old female, Mediterranean descent, natural brunette, blood type AB positive, yada yada yada...sedative will wear soon, blah blah blah...ah, here's it is at the bottom...wow, metahuman hypermetabolism from variant exobyte data based off the Flash. Soooo can't wait to tell the others!"

Well no wonder she seems a bit of a stick, she's got a metabolic rate any supermodel would be jealous of--or even Celkie I fear may be a bit jealous. Although to be fair, she is quite attractive--no, stop thinking that Michael, pull it together. Gotta wait Michael, no point asking a girl on a date if she's not concious enough to respond. Yea, I should go before she wakes up--uh oh...

((The girl awakens, her eyes quickly dart around the room until they lock onto Hallix. The sounds of the two of them screaming echo throughout the halls of the hospital wing right before Hallix is shot through the door, sliding head-first along the floor until he is stopped by the nearest wall in the opposite room. The last sound heard from the wing is only Celkie laughing hysterically.))
Raarsi
Star

((In an empty room somewhere in Metropolis, Hallix kicks back in a chair with his feet rested on a table and a large book in his lap. He slowly takes note of happenings both in and out of the room....))

....Hmm, Celkie comes in dragging some big guy, Kazrah's pacing around like he's going to burn a hole in the ground, and the entire place is starting to smell like ozone....oh yea, this sounds like something that'll end well. So long as they don't--((Celkie walks into the room))--and there goes my study time....

((Celkie grabs a seat across from Hallix, assuming a similar position as Hallix with her feet on the table)) "Can't believe she's gonna do it again. Bad enough she tried with powers of Shazam on a Kryptonian, how does she think she'll fare any better with a corpse?"

((Hallix closes the book before it dematerializes)) "Maybe she's imbuing it with some sort of power. Like I don't know, maybe she's trying to bring Alastor back, or maybe she just feels a bit experimental, which both of us know happens. Wait, why haven't you asked your boyfriend yet?"

((Not a second after he stops talking, Hallix finds himself right in Celkie's face as she lunged over the table with a look of malice)) "WANNA SAY THAT AGAIN HOTCROTCH? Oh yeah, I've heard about your littile 'sexcapades' with those kryptonians, and not even Kaz can figure out how your dumbass pulls it off! Now how 'bout I turn you into another pin cushion before you say another word about me and Kazrah, then you'll get the joy of feeling all that pain from Raarsi resurrecting you, which'll be the least of your worries as I RIP YOUR SORRY LITTLE--AAHHH!!"

((Before Celkie can finish her sentence, she is instantly shot upward, getting pinned onto the ceiling as Kazrah walks into the room, sighing as he keeps his gaze locked on Celkie)) "Not today Celkie, there are more important matters at hand and I have a much better idea for that anyway." ((Celkie falls to the floor, quickly flipping and landing on her feet)) "Now as for what Raarsi's doing, she found some sort of thunder spirit who asked her for a host. She's using that guy we found for it, along with an exobyte from what she claimed was from Captain Marvel in order to bolster the host's ability to keep it in. The Shazam ritual will be to seal the spirit inside, enabling it to work with the host and also to aid us in our fights."

((Hallix scratches his head, still keeping an eye on Celkie while trying to glance at Kazrah)) "Wait, so that guy isn't dead? Who is he?"

"Some guy named Bazuli. He mentioned something about a guardian spirit, some sort of thunderbird or some nonsense like that. Somehow Raarsi found it and was able to talk with it, which was how the deal came about. This might get a bit odd, considering it'll be a war spirit in someone that could easily be considered a pacifist." ((Kazrah slowly looks up)) "And three...two...one..."

((A loud thunderous roar can be heard throughout the entire area. The power goes out for the several seconds that the building shakes wildly. As the lights come back on, Hallix finds himself on the ground with Celkie once again pinned to the ceiling. Kazrah stands in his previous position, closing his eyes and slowly shaking his head))

"Nice try Celkie, but like I said, I have a better idea." ((Kazrah reaches down to Hallix, placing two fingers on his forehead. Hallix's mind quickly becomes flooded with images of Raarsi's body as she transferred into it, still lying naked on the table. His face instantly turns to a horrified expression, clutching and shaking his head as he desperately tries to shake the image out of his mind))

"GAAAAAAAAH, I DIDN'T WANNA SEE THAT! THAT'S NOT FUNNY KAZRAH!!"

((Kazrah gets up, shrugging as he lowers Celkie down gently to the ground)) "She's going to need another body. Best if you tend to the new guy considering Michael probably won't be able to help either of us for a good while." ((he takes one last look at Hallix and teleports out of the room))

((Celkie walks over to close the door, barring it with a nearby bookshelf. A malevolent grin passes over her face as she looks down at Hallix)) "Oh, I have a MUCH better idea...." ((She reaches over and turns off the lights))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Even on the now sundered rooftop, Hallix's screams of terror can be heard by Raarsi, who once again appears aged and exhausted. Before her is a wide magic circle, where in the middle of it lies a large unconcious man with electricity coursing and crackling along his skin. Raarsi looks down in response to the events happening in the room, simply sighing and shaking her head))

"Oh, I am getting too old for this crap. I know they're children, but this is just a sick joke. I suppose it's better that Alastor isn't here to see this again...."
Raarsi
Star

"The truest test of a earthborne lightbringer shall dawn at the tearing of his heart between those who claim no humanity that he has attempted to offer it to. His test shall come in the form of a question: what good is his humanity, fully aware the darkness lurking within it?"

"Tearing of the heart will lead to tearing of the plane, as a broken light shall find his way toward a fallen god and beyond the fabric of reality. It is there that he shall face an evil unlike any other, but such a fight shall not leave him standing alone."

"A great power shall call unto him, the might of every living being, converging into a new avatar of will, and for this he will emerge triumphant. However, such a power comes with a price, for as the question of the wayward light goes unanswered, he discards his humanity to become the conduit to a greater power for a cause higher than his own."

"The emerald dragon shall return to his home plane, bearing not an answer, but a grudge. Bearing no doubt in his mind and a heart not of his own, he shall arrive at his home with naught but two goals at hand, but only one of these must come to pass."

"The first of his goals is to take his vengeance upon those that made him fearless. Without question, without pity or remorse, the emerald dragon shall come for she who has wronged him the most. The violet phoenix shall be under the will of the emerald dragon, her efforts protected solely by the flock she spared from her own demise."

"The last of his goals must not take place, as the emerald dragon shall turn and plot to eliminate the ilk that made him broken, thus causing him to shed himself of that which made him another one of them. Knowing full well that his light will be too great to bear upon the darkness found within humanity, the aspect in control will see to the removal of the darkness with no qualms of all that he shall slay."

"His humanity shall be returned before his second goal would begin. A protector of humanity who bears none of her own shall be the one to restore it to the emerald dragon, returning that which he lost to purge the aspect from his mortal shell."

"Only the flock will know of the fate of the violet phoenix, but the truth remains unclear. Only the flock will know if the violet phoenix shall rise once more....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Raarsi rests in deep meditation within a massive dark void, surrounded by clouds of a purple hue. She ponders on all that she has seen and what her future will be.....))

The prophecy has come.....Michael Hallix, dear boy, once a sweet and charming young child, now drunk with power and coming to see my end. Perhaps you were mistreated under my care, perhaps I could have arranged something more positive for you, but would you have achieved the great things you have managed to do within a mere fraction of my time wandering the planes? I know I have wronged you greatly through your trials and tribulations, and I am so very sorry.

((Raarsi gets up and opens her eyes, wiping the tears from them as she stares into a small crack in the void, growing increasingly wider as every cloud disperses, leaving only Raarsi and the crack alone in the blackness.))

I have lived a long, long time. The brief five millenia I've spent on this plane have been the most fascinating of my lifetime. I may have appeared younger than you, but you always treated me with as much respect as any elder human, and for that I could never thank you enough. Everything is in order, and I regret nothing, even raising you to be the font of power you have become. At last, my nightmare shall be over, as will yours soon enough. But for now, all I can offer is solace dearie.....

((The crack erupts in green light as it reaches its maximum width, quickly closing to leave behind a boy clad in glowing green armor, his eyes burning with green flame and his face devoid of expression as he glares at Raarsi holding out her arms and lifting her head up, closing her eyes and speaking in a tone akin to wind chimes.))

"Xaa Zankaaross. Ei chuur purxarae kaarzil....." ("I am ready. It is all up to her.....")

((Several low-pitched shockwaves are heard across Metropolis. From the C.A.O. Dam, Celkie hears the shockwaves and screams in horror, rendered speechless by a sadness she had never displayed in her entire life. She hides away from any unwanted attention so that she can seclude herself to express her emotional agony.))

((Even in Central City, Kazrah could sense the planar disturbance, knowing full well what had happened and simply sighed as he planned his next course of action. He pauses to look up, smirking as he sees arcs of lightning converging into one thundercloud. Only one thought crosses his mind.))

"I really hope she's still not counting....."
Lemon Lass
Diva

wow your really good at this...nice to read

Raarsi
Star

((On a rooftop in Central City, Kazrah rests looming over the cityscape and staring off toward the Flash Museum. His mind wanders over recent events, bearing an expression solely of deep thought as he assembles the analyses he has mustered over the past weeks.))

Hmm, what could classify us as heroes? Seeing one like Supergirl has offered a fair definition, but why fight on those lines alone? Is it what we do, how we act, what we sacrifice for the good of others? If so, then the death of Theras has just recently proved how flawed such actions prove to be…ah yes, Zoe Spintheras, a girl already on borrowed time, and risked it all on keeping Celkie from yet another death. Theras had known everything…that Celkie could have been resurrected while she couldn’t, that what she had to do to save Celkie would cost her the precious time she had left of a life. Five years she had, and she threw it away in five seconds…why? Perhaps I have found my weakness in reading minds, that sometimes people become willingly reckless for the safety of others, that some voluntarily act devoid of thought to protect the lives of others regardless of the cost…are such acts deemed as heroism? Don’t those bearing kinder hearts ever use their minds, or is it that ability to enter state of thoughtlessness necessary to be better at the job of being so valorous? Bah, this does bring about the issue of providing a mental mirror for a certain…reckless heroine. Fascinating that within a clueless mentality lies a surprising portion of coherent intellect…I should look into it more, however I have sworn not to do this directly, so Michael will have to do for now…

((The skies darken for an oncoming storm. Kazrah takes slight notice of the weather, but continues his train of thought.))

I suppose it suits Michael Hallix to be a hero if such a title was earned by intentional recklessness for the safety of others. Confidence, something he as a Lantern would embody, does lead to rash decisions, and Michael most certainly represents this case. Rushing a Brainiac ship to rescue a girl he only knew through a journal, of willing to end his life for the happiness of a girl he loved, even voluntarily allowing himself to be a conduit of a power against his control to save the lives of a colony of those he barely knew…why does he resort to such idiocy? Alas, it makes sense that despite one as tactical as Michael would only be commanded by the emotion he wields in battle. In reality, it does seem rather odd that he bears any tactical intelligence under his emotions, not just those he fights with, but also those he fights for. Perhaps it is because of how those latter emotions are represented solely through the various women in his life that Celkie’s arguments against him have any credibility, however she fights on a much more different mentality…

((Clouds begin to amass and focus over Kazrah’s head; however he continues to remain oblivious to the storm, maintaining his attention on his thoughts.))

Really when it comes to her, I need to stop calling it a mentality. A berserker, a callous juggernaut who takes pride in all that she mows down with her brawn, and all she desires is to reap even more in her warpath…such rage cannot be with any sort of mind or thought. She couldn’t know what is reckless, her bloodlust makes her immune of knowing anything, let alone what could kill her…I suppose it is because she must have faced death over a dozen times now, the last of which from Michael possessed. Dear Celkie, living proof that that fearlessness comes from a different emotion consuming all thought, which in her case would be rage. But if she fights free of thoughts, why do other heroes stray from such a barbaric mindset as hers? Perhaps this proves that real heroes are able to counterbalance between intellectual comprehensions needed to understand the task at hand while bearing just enough of an emotional drive to zone out the severity of the dangers…to eradicate fear of harm through another emotion such as rage or confidence…that seems to be the true strength of a hero, regardless of what they are capable of…

((His brow arches, receiving mental images from Celkie of her current situation.))

Ah, and it seems her emotions have gotten the better of her. Wanting to continue amassing our numbers for Raarsi’s order, despite another sacrificing herself to maintain the mission to save another metahuman…why? Sure, I will admit that having an ally that could freeze herself to the point of even surpassing Kryptonian resilience would be a valuable ally, but it seems Celkie has gotten herself trapped trying to save this girl…now then, what to do about this…perhaps SHE would have an answer…

((Kazrah finally stands up and turns to look upward as arcs of lightning converge at one point in the cloud above him. After a few seconds, a single massive bolt of lightning strikes the rooftop opposite to Kazrah’s side, revealing a smiling girl clad in golden armor walking slowly towards him, only uttering two words.))

“Hello Dearie.”

((Kazrah smirks, instantly recognizing the girl in front of him.)) “A violet phoenix shall merge with the might of a thunderbird to attain the powers which gods would envy”…I should read more into your prophecies Raarsi. Does explain a lot of what you have been doing since we met, but this can be saved for another time. You know what we must do…

((Raarsi nods and giggles as she walks right up to Kazrah, just as both of them are whisked away together by a single bolt of lightning.))
Supergirly
Star

I love these stories. I hope that was not the end though. Oh and I wonder who the certain "reckless" heroine is...hehe. Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: