SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - SunGoddess
B'Day - Alexis Allura
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obsidia Pink

re: LexCorp File: Obsidia Pink

***Encrypted Transmission***

**Decoding...**
**Decoding...**
**Decoding Complete**

File: A18923-23B
Type: Exobyted Subject

Name: Maria De La Luz Chavez
Alias(es): Obsidia Pink
Known Affiliations: Justice Girls, JLA

Height: 6'8"
Weight: 743 lbs
Hair: Pink
Eyes: Pink
Skin: Black
Born: 03/13/1992

Reporting Agent: Chasity

Mr. Luthor using data gathered personally and through the usual channels I have complied this file on the subject known as "Obsida Pink". I believe you will find it interesting reading and it is my recommendation that we mobilize assets to acquire this subject as soon as possible.

Powers: Mental Projections.
It has been observed that the subject can manipulate the thoughts and emotions of others around her. She does this both unconsciously and at will, encouraging favorable emotions or to make herself seem more threatening to adversaries. Due to idolizing "heroes" as she grew up in Metropolis, she rarely willfully uses her powers on friends, leaguemates and civilians. Some retraining will be required. The subject can also create mental constructs of limited but potent effects. Most commonly this involves making the target believe they are on fire and are unable to put it out. Occasionally, causing the target believes they are burning to death. It is unclear if this is a result of a secondary mental 'push' on the part of the subject or if it is a fear already in the mind of the target (Possibly bring in Scarecrow for consult after capture of the target). Further testing will be required in our own facilities to determine other unsubstantiated observations.

Magnetism.
The subject has limited control of the magnetic field around her. Aiding in her ability to 'fly'. She can also attract nearby metalic objects and hurtle them away if they started close enough to her. The subject's ability to push or pull objects appears to be rather rudimentary. Further training and testing will be required. Her magnetic abilities are not a result of being exobyted. It would appear that the subject has the extremely rare ability to teleport as first observed by Dr. Happerson on other subjects. It would seem that upon being exobyted the subject was not immediately identified by either side and went unnoticed for a time. (I will investigate this slip up if you wish Mr. Luthor.) During this time she experimented with her abilities on her own. She did not gain her unique appearance and magnetic powers until after a mishap. While attempting to teleport she accidentally materialized underground into a pocket of magnetite. The subject's body became fused with the surrounding rock. Her body still functions the same as any human, requiring food, water, air and so on. Though now many times more resilient as her skin has petrified as well as her internal organs which carry on their functions. How this is so will require further testing. The pink 'veins' that appear over her body actually allow her to move by separating the rocky plates, as well as providing an inlet for stimuli from the outside world. The subject can only feel pressure against her rocky exterior. Her sense of hot, cold, pain and so on comes from these crevasses. It is believed they are pink as a result of her powers leaking forth through a leathery, transparent membrane which also acts as 'skin'. While resilient it is no where near as strong as her rock-like outer covering. Though in combat this seems to change, perhaps through some self defense mechanism. Her 'hair' is actually a silicate based fiber that looks and behaves like human hair, though perhaps with a little too much hair spray applied.

Combat skills: In addition to the powers listed above the subject has the ability to project beams of mental energy from her hands though untrained this could prove useful. She also has limited martial arts abilities, mostly learned through self defense courses at Metropolis University. More recently the subject has taken to using a sword consisting of a mental projection. It would seem she is getting some tutelage from one of the Thanagarians on the use of this 'weapon', though her potential with it is unclear.

Additional Background information: The subject grew up in a typical Hispanic household with devoutly religious parents. She has three siblings, two sisters and a brother. She only speaks a limited amount of Spanish as the subject's parents wanted their children to have English as their primary language.
Her relationship with her family became strained when she came out to them as a sophomore in high school. The subjects parents tried to force her into compliance with their beliefs which resulted in her moving in with a 'boyfriend' during her freshman year at Met U. This appeased her parents but the subject was extremely unhappy. This relationship continued up until the subject was exobyted and had her teleportation mishap. Upon which her relationship ended with her 'boyfriend' promptly moving out of their campus apartment. Her parents viewed this turn of events as divine punishment for the deviant desires in her heart and past actions. The subjects parents and siblings have severed all ties with her.
She carried on a short lived relationship with one of her fellow Justice Girl members, after which she moved from her tiny apartment into JLA provided living quarters.

Proposal: It is my opinion that this subject would be an asset to our forces. Due to her unique blend of abilities and untrained talents it is my belief that if she is acquired she would provide an excellent blank slate for us to build upon. Through my own observations it would seem that this subject has great untapped potential and rather than see it turned against us after the current threat is over or wither on the vine due to the JLA's less aggressive training protocols it is my firm recommendation that we acquire this subject as swiftly as possible.

Thank you for you time Mr. Luthor,
Agent Chasity out.

((As a minor note I prefer to say "exobytten" but since Luthor uses the term "exobyted" in the Smallville alert I went ahead and used that =P))

-Katherine Hepburn
filament fish

Cool, the shifting plates explanation is really neat. And the self defense classes at Met U, I like it when the character is not awesome at everything. Happy
Obsidia Pink

Thanks Fil!

For Pink I really did want to go for the game's storyline of you really are just some random schmo off the street and granted super powers. So naturally she has no true combat training.

-Katherine Hepburn
Obsidia Pink

It's funny Fil, I was watching the Matrix yesterday and it just made me think of what you said. I pictured someone walking down the street and suddenly getting exobyten and collapsing. Rushing to their aid they look up at you and say "I know kung fu!"

-Katherine Hepburn
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: