Who's Online
NEW @ DCUO Forums

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
B'Day - Veridian Star
League NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Poll Widget
No poll is currently assigned to this widget.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celeste Arcana
New Girl

re: Celeste Arcana: Heart of the Nova

Chapter 1: The Watchtower.

As smoke billowed from the crumbling wreckage that was once a bustling coffee shop, Celeste brushed a whisp of hair from her brow and sighed. "Well, that was fun." She muttered, clambering to get clear of a pile of what used to be Brainiacs drones. It had been three days since her arrival in Metropolis and she had been fighting tirelessly with little to show for it. Other than a few dozen piles of scrap metal and notches on her belt. As quickly as she could put them down, Brainiac would just send more. "I'm getting nowhere.. I can't keep taking out these little guys. Time to do some real damage..". But how? With the abundance of drones, finding any type of high value targets seemed unlikely at best.

As she cleared the wreckage and stepped back into the street of downtown Metropolis, she took a deep breath of clean air. Or at least, cleaner than the smoke filled air she had just finished breathing. She began to move north toward centennial park when she heard something. A sonic boom, just overhead. She warily pressed on. Brushing another tendril of jet black hair from her eyes. She stopped suddenly. "You know, instead of following me like a creep you could just say hello.". She whipped around to see what it was she was speaking to. As she did, there was a brilliant flash of light followed by the figure of a man. Hovering about six feet off of the ground and about two arm lengths away from her. Red boots, blue tights, red briefs and a long, flowing red cape. On his chest was a shape like a diamond with a big, what she could only presume was an "S", set in the center. She snickered softly. "Nice um.. Outfit?".

"Thank you". The man said in a strong, firm voice. "My name is Kal-WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?!" She interjected. "And what's up with the 'S' on your chest? Stand for 'stalker'?". "I am sorry if I startled you. I mean you no harm. And it's not an 'S'. It means 'hope' on my world.". She squinted slightly. Well here it's an S, and you look ridiculous.. Just throwing that out there..". "Noted" he said with a smirk of his own. "Moving on.. My name is Kal-El. The people here know me as Superman.". She fought to hold in another snicker. "Ok, Superman.. Why are you following me?". "Well" he said, slowly descending to the sidewalk beneath him. "I've noticed you're quite gifted. Much like myself and many others here. And I've noticed your disdain for these robots. I also noticed you're alone". Celeste felt a strange pulse in her chest. Becoming a little uneasy she opened her mouth to speak but was quickly cut off by Supermans', now gentle, voice. "You don't have to be." She pursed her lips and took a few steps backwards. "There are many more, like us, that are joining forces to combat this threat." He motioned towards the pile of junk she had recently finished making. "What do you mean? What's going on, anyway?". "Come with me." He said. And they warped to the Watchtower.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JusticeGirlsDC Forum Index -> Stories/Background All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: